Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to sit in a pub?

• 14-07-2012 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

We all pondered these once:

Corner joe
    Is the corner a place for me? Am I that introverted / shy, I'd want to sit there?
    * sits there for whole night after realizing this new fact *

Stand at the bar
    Am I a raging alcoholic that needs to be within arms reach of the barman for the whole night? Surely not.
    * stands there for whole night after realizing this new fact *

Center of pub
    I don't want to look at all the hive of activity around me? I am not mister extroverted fun guy.
    * I am ready to mingle! *

Couch or stool
    Ladies always get the comfy couch seats, right?
    * Not this time Edan. Comfy couch is my new home *

And I could go on. I'm sure I'm missing other ones.
    The worst one is this:

Best seats in the Pub...Nobody's sitting there. (Wonders why)
    *Sits there anyway. Quickly finds out he gets the evil eye by all the regulars and the barman too *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A good view of the TV or somewhere comfy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Beside the women's bathroom, unless it's a smelly old pub then the best seat is the one furthest from said bathroom :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Smoking area. Move only to piss or get more drink.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I always try sit in the middle of the drunken group of 17 year old girls, rubbing my lad and winking at them all individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

I hate people who sit at the bar and try throw evils when you reach from behind them to get your drink and pay the barman!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Private Piles

Corner joe
    Is the corner a place for me? Am I that introverted / shy, I'd want to sit there?

Two completely different things there by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tonymantana

antodeco wrote: »
    I always try sit in the middle of the drunken group of 17 year old girls, rubbing my lad and winking at them all individually.

ye dirty fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I always take my pint to go. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

By the bar with the stool turned at 90 degrees so you can greet the wimmins when they come up for a drink. Why go to them when they can come to you.
    But dont make it look like your trying to be cool. That could be considered as a poser. Our you could turn your back to the wimmins and show your builders crack and no one will bother you.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Corner joe

Two completely different things there by the way.

Not necessarily! An introvert can be shy, or perceived as being shy due to la k of desire to be around other people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭shaunandelly

At the bar.View of staff and all exits with back slightly to the wall with escape to the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Beer garden or out front in the fresh air, unless it happens to be raining of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Oaklilly

When there is traditional music I like to be next to the table where they are playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Just in the interests of clarity, are you rubbing your own lad or are the group of drunken 17 year old girls rubbing your lad. And are you winking at the girls, or is your rubbed lad winking at the girls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

The Snug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

High shtool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Near the fire exit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if im in the pub on my own watching racing i always just stand at the bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooh...ah ah ah ah ah!

Bathwater too hot or something?

I always sit near a fire exit, facing the main entrance. That way if anyone walks in with a machine gun I can make a quick exit!

Oaklilly wrote: »
    When there is traditional music I like to be away from the table where they are playing.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

In the bar I most regularly go to, it depends on mood and the kind of drinking being done.

On my own waiting for people or something - At the bar.

With one or two friends having quiet ones - Near the entrance at the couches.

With a few friends on the piss - originally in the front bar, then move to the back bar.

Out to score - The middle of the bar by the oak barrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

My local doesnt have seats,

And there's no sitting on the floor because its covered in sawdust,

No ladies toilets either,

Gents toilet is a piss plastered hell hole so its out the back to the field for a piss, or cycle down home for a shit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

In the bar I most regularly go to, it depends on mood and the kind of drinking being done.

On my own waiting for people or something - At the bar.

With one or two friends having quiet ones - Near the entrance at the couches.

With a few friends on the piss - originally in the front bar, then move to the back bar.

Out to score - The middle of the bar by the oak barrels.

What about when you're wearing a dress? :pac:

Not necessarily! An introvert can be shy, or perceived as being shy due to la k of desire to be around other people.

They may be perceived as shy but that doesn't make it so. Shy people are anxious and nervous around people. Introverts are tired and worn out by being around people, they get their energy and happiness from being alone.....Now for ya:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Gents toilet is a piss plastered hell hole so its out the back to the field for a piss, or cycle down home for a shit

Deliverance comes to mind..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

IvySlayer wrote: »
    What about when you're wearing a dress? :pac:

Bastid, I'll never live that down for some people :pac: Never worn it in there haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,674 ✭✭✭✭ted1

A good view of the TV or somewhere comfy
    You don't want to watch tv in a pub, unless its a good rugby match.

You just drink in your shed don't ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

bryaner wrote: »
    Deliverance comes to mind..

Well you're close, but thankfully there's no forest close-by
    You just drink in your shed don't ya?

I fuckin wish, my shed is a nicer place, the turf and rats provide better banter than piss-soaked alcoholics and warm beer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Beside the fire ....I'm getting old :(

Advertisement