Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is my housemate a slag or a prostitute?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

PucaMama wrote: »
    unless she disrupts the op its nothing to do with him. hes just a jelous insecure person. he is the one who should have to leave.

who said anything about anyone leaving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

flash1080 wrote: »
    So this girl has just moved into the house, she's a bit on the heavy side. She seems to have a different fella over every other night of the week. She/they always just go straight up to her room, but whatever they're doing in there, they're very quiet. Is she a complete slag and sleeping with all of them? Are the lads just lashing it into her cos she's an easy fat bird? Or is she a member of the "oldest profession in the world" lol? Should I confront her about these goings-on and the suspicions I have?
    Gigity gigity gigity gooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

MidlandsM wrote: »
    who said anything about anyone leaving?

well he should. noone wants someone like that shareing a house with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

One question...Do you see the men leave your house?

If the answer is no then your fat house mate is eating unsuspecting men...beware if she cooks for you or randomly gives you new clothes.

It rubs the lotion.....

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Fat bish = easy ride lol

Them fatties are the worst,youd thing being a whale would make them lose any self respect,then they go and do stuff like that.

We need to have this post pinned somewhere for the next time someone complains that men get no respect compared to women.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭techsavysista

What would you say to her?

"Hey, would you like a cup of tea I just popped the kettle on? ...by the way... are you a slag or a prostitute?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Maybe she's just a girl who likes sex and her weight has absolutely nothing to do with it?

People would view the OP a lot harsher if he casually threw in a comment about her race, like "my black housemate..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Honestly, I think the whole double standard about sex and genders is really stupid. Slut shaming, basically. If the room mate was a guy, people here would be cheering. Sorry, folks, but sex is a two person dance, and the shaming isn't exactly helping. Think, kindly, if it is within your abilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

He's only bent out of shape because yer wan is fat -if she wasn't, he'd be a) busy trying to get stuck in with her or b) busy getting stuck into himself thinking of her

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Abdul Abulbul Amir

So, the answer is slag then? She sounds disgusting.

And everyone cut out this double standard crap, if this were a guy the same people would be lining up to bash him and say how he's riddled with STDs.

So, the answer is slag then? She sounds disgusting.

And everyone cut out this double standard crap, if this were a guy the same people would be lining up to bash him and say how he's riddled with STDs.

more jelousy and bitterness. its her home too she can do what she wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

would she ride this man?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

maybe shes eating them, check the drains and look for acid baths

• Advertisement

Eh, believe me no, quite the opposite. Also note how I'm not dictating what she should do, I'm giving my opinion of it, thanks for not conflating the two.

Eh, believe me no, quite the opposite. Also note how I'm not dictating what she should do, I'm giving my opinion of it, thanks for not conflating the two.

you are trying to dictate others opinion of it tho. and IMO you are being stupid. her sex life has nothing to do with you.

you are trying to dictate others opinion of it tho.

How's that?

And everyone cut out this double standard crap.

thats how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Someone like what exactly? You have the OP's interpretation of the girl's behaviour & to be honest I think it is a fantasy at best.

• Advertisement

Someone like what exactly? You have the OP's interpretation of the girl's behaviour & to be honest I think it is a fantasy at best.
    a nosey housemate like the op.

thats how.

I think you'll find that's not where that sentence ends. Also... I could go on but there's no point in arguing about it. Bringing home a different guy every night of the week is disgusting, in my opinion. Do I really need to say 'in my opinion'? Like it's some sort of disclaimer? Isn't it obvious that it's both an opinion and is mine? Well whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

She sound awful, you should ask her to leave.

Anyway if your going to live with a female housemate make sure she is not fat, it defeats the purpose...

cgarrad wrote: »
    Anyway if your going to live with a female housemate make sure she is not fat, it defeats the purpose...

The purpose being what exactly? As a female housemate, I'd be intrigued to know what this little gem might be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

gara wrote: »
    The purpose being what exactly? As a female housemate, I'd be intrigued to know what this little gem might be

I'm guessing he is referring to smashing in your back door.

Briando wrote: »
    I'm guessing he is referring to smashing in your back door.

Oooh and we could swap stories about what it feels like after he gets out of prison!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Try and ride her yourself! If shes a slut then it'll be no challenge and a handy one for any dry spells you might find youself in, if she is a prostitute then I'm sure she'll put up a bit more resistance, or atleast let you know to expect a bill when your finished!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

She can't be bringing **** smellin men out to the kitchen putting the op off of his food. Leave the **** in her room and make sure the hallway and other common areas smell nice.

Oooh and we could swap stories about what it feels like after he gets out of prison!

Why would he go to prison?

No point in shagging your flatmate, gives you something to look at while eating your breakfast though...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Why is there a 'Is she a slag/prosititute' thread in AH.

Slag is an offensive term.

I don't know if anyone else has been around here as long as I have, but a good while ago, the women in AH brought to the mods attention that AH had become a terribly misogynistic place with 'slag, slut, bitch, ho' being used commonly.

After a lot of effort and comments from protestors, I remember the main one being (either everything is made fun of or nothing is) how I hated that comment! NOT true, there is a line everywhere and it is possible to have good craic in a place without insulting people, and making a group of people (at the time - women) feel they weren't welcome.

Anyway after a lot of effort, and a lot of women saying they felt uncomfortable and upset, the mods really did listen and changed things and it became a much better place since then. I really don't want it to slip back down the slippery slope to the awful way it was.

I don't want the highest thread I see when I log in is.....'Is my fat housemate a slag' and then comments about fat bitches and whales inevitably following.

AH doesn't need to be and shouldn't be like this.

I thought Mary Whitehouse was dead...

I don't know if anyone else has been around here as long as I have, but a good while ago, the women in AH brought to the mods attention that AH had become a terribly misogynistic place with 'slag, slut, bitch, ho' being used commonly.

Yes. But sure this is light hearted talk and it's the kind of way the fellas talk about ye when they're down at the pub. Not in a bad sort of way really. It's just a way of expressing their feelings and I, for one, strongly feel that this should be encouraged. I mean, after all, don't a lot of chaps have an issue with expressing themselves to others?

After a lot of effort and comments from protestors, I remember the main one being (either everything is made fun of or nothing is) how I hated that comment! NOT true, there is a line everywhere and it is possible to have good craic in a place without insulting people, and making a group of people (at the time - women) feel they weren't welcome.

Anyway after a lot of effort, and a lot of women saying they felt uncomfortable and upset, the mods really did listen and changed things and it became a much better place since then. I really don't want it to slip back down the slippery slope to the awful way it was.

I don't want the highest thread I see when I log in is.....'Is my fat housemate a slag' and then comments about fat bitches and whales inevitably following.

Ah don't be exaggerating! The thread is called "Is my housemate a slag or a prostitute?" not "Is my fat housemate a slag".

cgarrad wrote: »
    I thought Mary Whitehouse was dead...

I think Mary Whitehouse was against promiscuity....I'm saying women should be able to do the same as men sexually without being judged by all and sunder. Things need to change.

And this should be a forum where the terms: slag, slut, whore and all the corresponding terms aren't tolerated.

Words

So, if you're offended by something it gets banned? I'm offended by ginger bashing, can I get that banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Fat chick?? Why cant people use the Kilkenny forum for Gods sake

flash1080 wrote: »
    Ah don't be exaggerating! The thread is called "Is my housemate a slag or a prostitute?" not "Is my fat housemate a slag".

True, I worded that wrong, I should have said the question is in the OP's post is 'is my fat housemate a slag'. And slag is also in the title.

"Is my fat housemate a slag" would have been a *much* funnier title though.

• Advertisement

True, I worded that wrong, I should have said the question in the thread is 'is my fat housemate a slag'. And slag is also in the title.
    You're forgetting all about the prostitute bit! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think if people reread the OP and thought about what if the girl the OP was describing was their mother, sister, girlfriend or best friend, would they maybe see why it bothers some people.

So, if you're offended by something it gets banned? I'm offended by ginger bashing, can I get that banned?

What do you think the point of the banning system is? Why do people report posts?

What do you think the point of the banning system is? Why do people report posts?

What? I'm talking about having subjects of conversation/terms banned, not people banned. I don't get you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Because sadly (as you know - you pointed it out too) society has a double standard with regards to sex. This isn't something that only men are guilty of, and even though I can only really speak for myself, not all men are like that.

Stupid things getting posted here isn't that bad in general as the person can be shown where their thinking is malfunctioning or non-existent. The source for concern is when so many people agree with the nonsense.
    It isn't the term that is bad, it is the ignorant sexism behind it that is the issue. Coaching the language wouldn't make it better. I don't think banning words is the answer. If a person is offended by posts they should report them, but generally I'd rather see people try to bring sanity to a thread than bannings. The ones who really do deserve a banning become clear in time.

Hold on now, I seem to have been misunderstood - I don't want anything banned, I was making a point: So what if you're offended?

• Advertisement

..I'm saying women should be able to do the same as men sexually without being judged by all and sunder.

They can't do the same thing as men. If they did then they'd all have willies and all women would really be men and then where would women be? They wouldn't be here at all.

Neeson wrote: »
    They can't do the same thing as men. If they did then they'd all have willies and all women would really be men and then where would women be? They wouldn't be here at all.

:D

Every human being should be free to have sex with as many people as they'd like without being called offensive terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Pizza delivery?

:D

Every human being should be free to have sex with as many people as they'd like without being called offensive terms.

You don't have an automatic right to censor someone else's opinion. These 'offensive words' are just an expression of that opinion.

Piste wrote: »
    I think if people reread the OP and thought about what if the girl the OP was describing was their mother, sister, girlfriend or best friend, would they maybe see why it bothers some people.

Yes. It is very clear. If thst was the mother I'd be disgusted thst she'd do that to my father. I'd be ashamed that the sister was either having a hammer pumped up her each night or that she's stuck in the room, afraid to come out or maybe unable to because of the weight issue. The best friend would be a similar scenario I suppose.

The girlfriend. There's nought to think about here. Why would she be taking other fellas into her room each night ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement