Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Modem Help

• 14-07-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Howiya Lads,

I would just like to ask if anyone knows how to activate a telephone socket so I can use the Netopia modem/router in a different room. When I move it from where it was installed The DSL, Wireless and Power lights blink ACCEPT for the Internet. Does anyone know how to activate or fix this so I dont have to pay eircom €70 for an allegedly 5 minute job?

Ps: I have DSL Filters if that would help:D

Thanks In Advanced :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Howiya Lads,

I would just like to ask if anyone knows how to activate a telephone socket so I can use the Netopia modem/router in a different room.

There's no "activation" required, if the socket is wired correctly then it should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Check first that the phone socket works for a phone i.e. plug the phone into it and see if you have a dial tone.
    Sometimes phone sockets can be added to rooms and either not wired up or disconnected at a later stage.
    If you do get a dial tone then the modem should also work afaik. If not then I think you'd need to get an electrician in to wire it correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irish tech child

Yeah the phone does work perfectly, I called my mobile and it rang so I guess its ok. But when I plug in the netopia eircom modem and power it on. All the lights (DSL, Power and wireless) are on except for the internet, thus leading to no connection.

Does any one have a solution, I need to get my servers up and running?

;)

Advertisement