Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mill Street, La Rochelle- Christchurch, Prussia Street

Options
  • 14-07-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, All suggestions, information on the areas is very much appreciated-

1) Newmarket Square, Mill Street

2) La Rochelle, Christchurch

3) Stanley Court, Prussia Street, Stoneybatter

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

dbat1 wrote: »

Thank you!

prussia st/stoneybatter nice area, has tesco, good pubs and few decent places to eat...can harbour a rough element but im there 2 years with no hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Thank you!

I'm working in that area for a few years, so a bit of information...Newmarket Square and nearby Cork Street have a bit of a reputation of being a bit rough, but I have no proof against or in favour of that argument.

Still, the Co Op Market on Newmarket Square (Thursdays and Saturdays, plus flea markets every Sunday) is very decent, some nice folk going there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Thank you!

Good selection of shops nearby and a short stroll into town.

Just be aware that you tend to get a good few junkies hanging about the park across the street from La Rochelle if that is something that would concern you.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

pithater1 wrote: »
    Good selection of shops nearby and a short stroll into town.

Just be aware that you tend to get a good few junkies hanging about the park across the street from La Rochelle if that is something that would concern you.

Easy enough to avoid them, and you're literally seconds from the Christchurch area, and have all the shops of Thomas St next door too.

Newmarket is good craic at weekends with the flea market, but other than that it's very quiet. Still, a 10 mins walk from Stephens Green

Those two for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Easy enough to avoid them, and you're literally seconds from the Christchurch area, and have all the shops of Thomas St next door too.

Newmarket is good craic at weekends with the flea market, but other than that it's very quiet. Still, a 10 mins walk from Stephens Green

Those two for me

Yeah they don't bother me at all tbh. I wouldn't consider it a dealbreaker if I was the OP.

If I were to chose I'd go with Mill Street, the noise of the traffic from Bridge Street and High Street can be a bit loud at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dbat1

Thank you pithater1, A Disgrace, Lars1916, shakin for the good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Thank you pithater1, A Disgrace, Lars1916, shakin for the good advice.

No problem :)

Good luck finding a gaff...in case, you are planning to move into one of these areas.

Advertisement