Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strip Club

• 14-07-2012 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

I've to go to a strip club tonight, can't really get out of it. It's a good mate's stag party, don't really wanna go. Sure the ladies will probably be great looking (we're going foreign for it) but y'know I don't exactly agree with giving money to women to take their clothes off.

Bit of a moral dilemma, don't wanna look like a loser in front of me mate and his buddies but don't really want to witness this lark either.
    One of the lads who's been over there before has hinted that the strippers are willing to do more for a bit of extra cash too so I really don't wanna be a part of that.
    Jesus, is it normal that I don't wanna go to a strip club? What to do? Might try and sneak off to the hotel when the rest of them are going, but I'm gonna look like a right loser if I do that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,593 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'll take your place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

I don't exactly agree with giving money to women to take their clothes off.

Bit of a moral dilemma,.

Moral my arse. Tight more like.

Unless you go for a private dance, which in truth are not really worth the money unless you are getting a few extras with it, you dont have to give them any money.

Even at that....tight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Just nip back to the hotel while they're in there. I'd imagine they don't plan to spend the night there. Nobody can force you. I'm similar to you, no interest in the whole lap dancing thing. Have been on holidays where the lads have gone to lap dancing clubs and just arranged to meet them afterwards. Just explain it's not your cup of tea, my mates understood I wasn't into it and one of them even opted out as well and came to pub with me instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

You've been struck with d'gay i'm afraid :D Just sit at the bar drinking cocktails and enjoy the sites around you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Think you just came out of the closet there mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

Moral my arse. Tight more like.
    Like a nun's piehole :p

suppose I'm not flash with money that's true, would rather spend it on something that'd last for more than 10-15mins (how long is a dance anyway?) and leave me with a boner to go back to the hotel and share a room with a bloke.
    Plus to be honest I really don't think it's cool to give a women money to take their clothes off.

hahaha!
    naw mate, not gay. On to me 2nd marriage as it is, 3 young lads. So I'm afraid not. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Like a nun's piehole :p

suppose I'm not flash with money that's true, would rather spend it on something that'd last for more than 10-15mins (how long is a dance anyway?) and leave me with a boner to go back to the hotel and share a room with a bloke.
    Plus to be honest I really don't think it's cool to give a women money to take their clothes off.
    Ah, so you're looking for an hour with a prostitute instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

OP you won't get anything other than mocking answers on After Hours.

suggest you ask a mod to move this thread to The Gentlemen's Club:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1136

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Have a few cocktails you'll be grand. Have a good time!

flash1080 wrote: »
    Ah, so you're looking for an hour with a prostitute instead?

ha, naw. Why pay to go where many many many men have been before. sausages up o'connell street y'know, & married & 3 kids, I don't play away on my missus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If it's something you're really not into the idea of then don't go,

1. Why put yourself in an uncomfortable position of telling the girls you aren't interested (they'll come chat with you and be super nice, it's actually hard to say no).
    2. It will make at least one mate uncomfortable if you don't part-take in the strippers and he will act the knob if you are in the club and don't get a dance.
    3. You'd do better to tell just one mate that you don't wanna go, rather than making a big announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

If it's something you're really not into the idea of then don't go,

1. Why put yourself in an uncomfortable position of telling the girls you aren't interested (they'll come chat with you and be super nice, it's actually hard to say no).

I find the death stare...aka the thousand yard I'm not opening my wallet stare.... to be highly effective :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

maybe you should get to know the strippers,sorry ladies,first and get a sense of understanding towards there feelings and emotions...then cum in there mouths;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Jesus, is it normal that I don't wanna go to a strip club? What to do? Might try and sneak off to the hotel when the rest of them are going, but I'm gonna look like a right loser if I do that.
    So you decided to come to the calm, loving embrace of After Hours...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Let your boner and your wallet guide you through this moral dilema.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Extinction

OP you won't get anything other than mocking answers on After Hours.

suggest you ask a mod to move this thread to The Gentlemen's Club:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1136

I wont say where I think the thread should be moved to because I'd probably get a ban for homophobia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

fran17 wrote: »
    maybe you should get to know the strippers,sorry ladies,first and get a sense of understanding towards there feelings and emotions...then cum in there mouths;)
    Gigity gigity goooo
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I went to one in Vegas. I was one of the lads who wouldn't have been into that kind of thing, no real moral issue with it, just not my scene. Quite honestly I was bricking it going in, didn't know what to expect.

I have to say, its one of the greatest things i've ever done. I had images in my head of a real smutty, sleezy place with plastic women falling over men. Couldn't have been more wrong, was like being in a local nightclub with top class young women with no clothes. Deadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooh....ah ah ah ah!

Your entitled to your opinion, but I think if the OP wanted to go down that road he would have mentioned it before now Father

They can't really be great mates if they think your a loser for not going to a strip club :confused:

Seriously, if you don't want to go don't go.

IMO though, there's nothing wrong with strip clubs, the girls generally make great cash out of looking good, as long they're choosing to do it, what harm.

They can't really be great mates if they think your a loser for not going to a strip club :confused:

Seriously, if you don't want to go don't go.

IMO though, there's nothing wrong with strip clubs, the girls generally make great cash out of looking good, as long they're choosing to do it, what harm.

For extra special customers (those willing to pay) there is a champagne room in most strip clubs...

Funny thing, just heard the other day that a strip club in Cork has a downstairs where if you're willing to pay a premium anything goes :pac: Found out from a girl who actually worked for the Club (but not as a stripper).

So, I'm beginning to think that's the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

You don't have to part with any money and your mates won't give you any stick for it. I've never been able to go inside one. It's a bit cringey.

Bear in mind if it's a nice joint the women should be there by choice so it's not really a moral choice from that perspective (although if they're willing to go 'further' for more money it's potentially not that nice a place). Just go in, have a few expensive drinks with your mates and decline any dances with the ladies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

For extra special customers (those willing to pay) there is a champagne room in most strip clubs...

Funny thing, just heard the other day that a strip club in Cork has a downstairs where if you're willing to pay a premium anything goes :pac: Found out from a girl who actually worked for the Club (but not as a stripper).

So, I'm beginning to think that's the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Go, but do not bring your credit card(s), drink as little as you can and if you can, stick with the group...
    A friendly young lady in her underwear can talk a drunk man out of so much money it's amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Seriously how immature would your mates be for thinking you're a looser for not going :confused: Keep your money in your pockets, your friends will be the bigger loosers at the end of the night ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

tan11ie wrote: »
    Seriously how immature would your mates be for thinking you're a looser for not going :confused: Keep you're money in your pockets, your friends will be the bigger loosers at the end of the night ;)
    Now, now, no need for that smut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Now, now, no need for that smut.

Down with that sort of thing :cool:

• Advertisement

tan11ie wrote: »
    Seriously how immature would your mates be for thinking you're a looser for not going :confused: Keep your money in your pockets, your friends will be the bigger loosers at the end of the night ;)

People keep coming out with stuff like this, they are going on a stag and he is the one not intending to go to the strip club. As the odd one out, he is singling himself out, it's not about them being immature, it's about him not really being part of the group as a whole. It's his choice not to go, but it does come with consequences. In any group if there is one dissenter who won't or doesn't want to do something they are alienating themselves. Especially if they make a big deal about it being "immoral" activity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Been in that situation before. You have 2 main choices; don't go, or go.

It you choose the latter, you can get as drunk as possible beforehand, but that could end up being a disaster for many obvious reasons. You can remain the sober one and be responsible. The girls will be used to men being there against their will so be ready to say you are married and not interested (or some sh1te).

Me? Well, I got drunk beforehand and ended up getting a double private lap dance. I have no regrets, but won't ever do it again.

As someone once said, a lapdance is like being led into a bakery and made to look at and smell all the cakes while not being allowed to eat them. Waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Extinction

Been in that situation before. You have 2 main choices; don't go, or go.

It you choose the latter, you can get as drunk as possible beforehand, but that could end up being a disaster for many obvious reasons. You can remain the sober one and be responsible. The girls will be used to men being there against their will so be ready to say you are married and not interested (or some sh1te).

Me? Well, I got drunk beforehand and ended up getting a double private lap dance. I have no regrets, but won't ever do it again.

As someone once said, a lapdance is like being led into a bakery and made to look at and smell all the cakes while not being allowed to eat them. Waste of time.

As someone else once said, it doesn't matter where you get your appetite as long as you go home for your dinner ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You're on your 2nd marriage, have kids and you still worry about what people think about you? F**k them, if you don't want to go to it, then don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Extinction wrote: »
    As someone else once said, it doesn't matter where you get your appetite as long as you go home for your dinner ;)

Anyone who said that and winked after it should be shot with their own ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

naw mate, not gay. On to me 2nd marriage as it is, 3 young lads.

Married to three young lads?

• Advertisement
Advertisement