Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM laptop!

Options
  • 14-07-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭

Im looking to get a new laptop to play FM on as the one I have is about 8 years old and barely functions never mind play FM on it. Can anyone recommend a good laptop for playing it on? Takes up a lot of space!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Any of the new laptops should be well able for it. Mine is three or four years old now and is able to run every single league in the game. It wasn't even an expensive laptop, got it for about €300 I think. You should be fine with any laptop made recently provided it costs more than a mars bar and a can of coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

8 years old forget about about it. Back then CM was what it was all about. Any of the recent ones, esp need very new one for all 2010+ has involved.

Btw a laptop in 2004, wow impressive u were well ahead of ur time...back them I was sharing a desktop with brother!!

I actually had made a long post about FM & laptops etc to help...but that wasn't posted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I bought a MacBook Pro today with 4GB Ram and 750GB Hard Drive and oh sweet jesus FM runs like a dream! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I bought a MacBook Pro today with 4GB Ram and 750GB Hard Drive and oh sweet jesus FM runs like a dream! :D

how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Devil08 wrote: »
    how much?

€1,299 in Currys. Was €1,399 and is that price on the Apple store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Mars Bar wrote: »
    €1,299 in Currys. Was €1,399 and is that price on the Apple store.

my car isnt even worth that much! Need a new laptop but wont be going over €500!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Devil08 wrote: »
    my car isnt even worth that much! Need a new laptop but wont be going over €500!

I got an ASUS X35T-K53TA over Christmas, runs most things (Including Pro Ev 11) no bothers, playing FM09 which is a dream even on battery saving mode. Wasn't too expensive for me, just a touch over 500, and for something with a serious processing capability, RAM, and a dedicated 512mb graphics card I thought it was decent :) Does everything I ask anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭davidk11811

Anything with a decent processor (2GHz+) and a semi decent GPU if you play in 3D mode and you're sorted. Processor is more important though.

Advertisement