Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hd pvr in dublin

• 14-07-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Hi i am going up to dublin next week and i am wondering is there any shops that sell a hd pvr under €170 (Amazon price)

Thanks
    nanook5

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Basically? No :)

Your best option is to buy it online from Hauppages store, to ensure you get the latest firmware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

i was going to buy it from amazon would that be ok because it is cheaper :D

nanook5 wrote: »
    i was going to buy it from amazon would that be ok because it is cheaper :D

It's very likely to be fine, but even if you get a bogey one you can always ask hauppage for assistance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 twotonewolftone

you should have a look on adverts.ie theres loads of secomd hand ones there for under 140 euro i sold mine on that about 3 weeks ago but there was at least 3 others listed at the same time as mine.if you going to spend that kind of money you would be better buying some of the newer capture devices out at the moment as the hauppauge is starting to become a bit dated.just my opinion of course

• Advertisement

Hauppage is outdated but it works with extremely slow laptops and provides easy 720p footage with very little work or worries.

I'd say it's an excellent intermediate recorder tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I was planning on picking one up as well, price wise ordering from either Amazon or the company direct works out to be roughly the same.

Think I'll go for the direct option just to ensure everything is up to date.

Doom, what would you consider to be the best capture card on the market right now?

I was planning on picking one up as well, price wise ordering from either Amazon or the company direct works out to be roughly the same.

Think I'll go for the direct option just to ensure everything is up to date.

Doom, what would you consider to be the best capture card on the market right now?

Without meaning to sound smart, it depends what you're using it for :)

I'm upgrading to a black magic shuttle soon. It's as portable as a hauppage andit records in 1080p and doesn't have the limitation of component only that the hauppage does. But for ease of use AND quality, IMO the hauppage is the best all rounder (720p, works with everything.)

BUT the shuttle is a resource hog, requires USB 3 and straight up doesn't work with some chip sets. SO if you KNOW it will work.. that's the way to go.

I believe if you're looking for an actual card for your comp, the Black Magic intensity pro is considered the way to go.

You should also consider what you're planning to do with your capture device, for example portability is hugely important to me, whereas other people don't have to worry about moving from tournament to tournament and live recording with mixing desks, so that's a concern to.

Without meaning to sound smart, it depends what you're using it for :)

I'm upgrading to a black magic shuttle soon. It's as portable as a hauppage andit records in 1080p and doesn't have the limitation of component only that the hauppage does. But for ease of use AND quality, IMO the hauppage is the best all rounder (720p, works with everything.)

BUT the shuttle is a resource hog, requires USB 3 and straight up doesn't work with some chip sets. SO if you KNOW it will work.. that's the way to go.

I believe if you're looking for an actual card for your comp, the Black Magic intensity pro is considered the way to go.

You should also consider what you're planning to do with your capture device, for example portability is hugely important to me, whereas other people don't have to worry about moving from tournament to tournament and live recording with mixing desks, so that's a concern to.

Well at the moment everything I record will be at home so I guess I don't need to worry about portability right now. It will also mostly be PS3 recording...I will be getting a gaming PC at some point in the future but I just bought a house so I need to get all that **** sorted before I know what my budget will be.

I reckon the PVR will do the job for me, seems simple to use as well, which is great for me.

Well at the moment everything I record will be at home so I guess I don't need to worry about portability right now. It will also mostly be PS3 recording...I will be getting a gaming PC at some point in the future but I just bought a house so I need to get all that **** sorted before I know what my budget will be.

I reckon the PVR will do the job for me, seems simple to use as well, which is great for me.

Yeah, sounds like the HDPVR will do you fine, nice thing about the component recording is that you won't have any security issues like you would with HDMI. Also if you don't have a beast of a computer lying around!

• Advertisement

Hi all i have actually decided to buy a brand new elgato game capture hd as it is cheaper thatn the pvr after i buy the cables i need and converters because i play on a monitor without component .I will be ordering it in a few day :D

nanook5 wrote: »
    Hi all i have actually decided to buy a brand new elgato game capture hd as it is cheaper thatn the pvr after i buy the cables i need and converters because i play on a monitor without component .I will be ordering it in a few day :D

That looks decent! Let us know how it goes, sounds like a nice HDMI alternative to the hauppage.

will do ordering as soon as i sell my dazzle (1-2 days)

Hi lads just got it yesterday and it works great

So my HD PVR arrived, set it up, works a treat. Capturing is easy, everything is rolling around in 720p.

Now to find a decent Vid Editor that I can work with (and afford) as I really can't see the ArcSoft package doing what I want to do. :D

Advertisement