Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to Mac

• 14-07-2012 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Making the move to MBP or MBA soon, and have one question.

As I want to get SSD storage, each extra GB is pricey. I need maybe 128gb for media.

What sort of HDD space does the OS take up?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sys requirements for OSX are "8GB of available space", also remember to factor in any applications as well

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sheriffz

Takes up around 7GB - 8GB last I checked. 128 gives you around 120GB.

I have a 27" iMac. 8GB DDR3 and AMD Radeon HD. You'll be a very happy man with your MBP or MBA. Maybe hold out until OS X Mountain Lion is installed on their new line of products. I think it's out this July.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Get as much memory (RAM) as possible so that OSX isn't having to use Hard Drive space as "virtual memory".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Sheriffz wrote: »
    Takes up around 7GB - 8GB last I checked. 128 gives you around 120GB.

I have a 27" iMac. 8GB DDR3 and AMD Radeon HD. You'll be a very happy man with your MBP or MBA. Maybe hold out until OS X Mountain Lion is installed on their new line of products. I think it's out this July.
    If you buy a new Mac now you get ML free when it's released, so there's no reason to wait.

Advertisement