Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 14-07-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

If an Avatar/Korra convention was to be organised here in Ireland, would there be much interest in it? a friend and I are thinking of possibly setting one up and were just curious to see if we did, would people actually attend! :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nothing that specific would work in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Yup, given the current market that the conventions cover, one for a particular specific series likely wouldn't bring in enough people. Plus, how would you fill out the schedule with just one series?

Your best bet would be to start with maybe a panel/screenings for the series at one of the existing conventions. Kinda similar to what the Bronies of Ireland do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Why not do a western animation con? I'm not an expert but there's a lot of enjoyable kids shows like adventure time and Megas XLR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Why not do a western animation con?

http://www.aka-con.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Thomas-G wrote: »
    enjoyable kids shows like adventure time

Adventure Time is so much more than just a kids show. Some of the snappiest writing I've ever seen in 11 minute instalments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

fitz0 wrote: »
    Adventure Time is so much more than just a kids show. Some of the snappiest writing I've ever seen in 11 minute instalments.

I don't associate any stigma with calling something a kid's show, target demographic has nothing to do with the overall worth of entertainment media. If it's primary target is kids, airs on a kid's station at kid-friendly hours it is a kid's show. I have no problem calling myself a huge fan.

Advertisement