Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Monife wrote: »
    Why aren't other non-EU citizens welcome? So what about unskilled, non-EU students who generate hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of revenue in college fees and tax (for those who work the permitted 20 hours per week) and other non-direct taxes (ie: VAT).

You are asking me why unskilled non EU citizens are unwelcome whilst 400,000 plus people are on the dole? Are you for real?

Their fees go to the dodgy language schools, not the Irish exchequer.

As for asylum seekers(90 per cent whom are bogus according to previous Justice Ministers) they should not be here in the first place, never mind becoming citizens.

pontia wrote: »
    its self inflicted.you entered an illegal sham marriage knowing you broke the law,how much were you paid ?

Its not against the law to enter a marriage of convenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

im now playing the worlds smallest violin,u still havent said how much you were paid ?

NOTHING

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

mmmn,if you married someone from where ? with 4 brats in tow and didint even get paid its even worse,this has to be a pisstake

mmmn,if you married someone from where ? with 4 brats in tow and didint even get paid its even worse,this has to be a pisstake

Hes male and approaching his twilight years. Not the most rational, when dealing with the fairer sex. Just like the obese Irish women we see entering into marriages with non EU students and bogus asylum seekers. They get duped, dumped when their "partner" gets legalised and this is the inevitable outcome.

No talking to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

IrishAm wrote: »
    Their fees go to the dodgy language schools, not the Irish exchequer.

That's pure ignorance. Non-EU students contribute massively in keeping 3rd level education in this country afloat. For example, about half of every medical class consists of Irish students on free fees, the other half is made up of foreign students (most non-EU, in my experience many Malaysians and others from various African countries) who pay full fees. About 10k a year for 6 years. They essentially pay for our free fees.

Raisins wrote: »
    That's pure ignorance. Non-EU students contribute massively in keeping 3rd level education in this country afloat. For example, about half of every medical class consists of Irish students on free fees, the other half is made up of foreign students (most non-EU, in my experience many Malaysians and others from various African countries) who pay full fees. About 10k a year for 6 years. They essentially pay for our free fees.

Introduce fees for all, issuing grants only to those who come from poorer backgrounds. Problem solved.

Hes male and approaching his twilight years. Not the most rational, when dealing with the fairer sex. Just like the obese Irish women we see entering into marriages with non EU students and bogus asylum seekers. They get duped, dumped when their "partner" gets legalised and this is the inevitable outcome.

No talking to them.

Hope you get married and taken to the cleaners by an Irish woman it will cost you more !! I have a separation agreement that she gets nothing.
    I managed to scupper welfare from her he he not so twilight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

You are asking me why unskilled non EU citizens are unwelcome whilst 400,000 plus people are on the dole? Are you for real?

What about the non-EU partner/spouse of Irish/EU citizens? Are they not welcome?

No they were just prioritising new EU over Irish.
    Interesting everyone picks on small things.
    There are positive sides to Immigration .T
    The state has not had to fund children's education to work.
    My wife sends her daughter 1/2 Russian 1/2 Lebanese girl to an Irish school.
    Fecking child wants to be a Lawyer.
    The President snubbed her and did not allow her to go to the Aras.
    The other daughter was on the Leinster team and could not travel to the North.
    You stand in the dole queue and it seems like 50% are foreign
    or do they all just have my initial.
    I see a Nigerian complaining loudly to welfare staff.They can be aggressive.

And most of all I would like to invite a foreign friend here for a visit only.
    These immigration problems makes it difficult .
    My social contact is with foreign people now.
    I have had many nationalities in my house.

• Advertisement

atkin wrote: »

How did you know they were Nigerian? There are many black nationalities.

How did you know they were Nigerian? There are many black nationalities.

I heard her say nationality

i have seen them in action more than once,near riot broke out in packed gpo.refused to queue,straight up to counter,refused to budge,no manners,2 fingers up to country that fills there pockets.economic mercenaries.aslyum my arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

No they were just prioritising new EU over Irish.
    Interesting everyone picks on small things.
    There are positive sides to Immigration .T
    The state has not had to fund children's education to work.
    My wife sends her daughter 1/2 Russian 1/2 Lebanese girl to an Irish school.
    Fecking child wants to be a Lawyer.
    The President snubbed her and did not allow her to go to the Aras.
    The other daughter was on the Leinster team and could not travel to the North.
    You stand in the dole queue and it seems like 50% are foreign
    or do they all just have my initial.

These immigration problems makes it difficult .
    My social contact is with foreign people now.
    I have had many nationalities in my house.

I've read this thread, and the other one you started. I feel sorry for you actually. You sound incredibly bitter, angry, vengeful and sad. The sentence I bolded seems to say it all. Why would you resent the ambition of a child?

The other thing I note, is the fact you'd like to invite a foreign friend over for a holiday (I presume). Be careful you're not setting yourself up for more grief...

Whatever you've done is done. Let it go and move on. Nothing is worth your sanity.

I've read this thread, and the other one you started. I feel sorry for you actually. You sound incredibly bitter, angry, vengeful and sad. The sentence I bolded seems to say it all. Why would you resent the ambition of a child?

The other thing I note, is the fact you'd like to invite a foreign friend over for a holiday (I presume). Be careful you're not setting yourself up for more grief...

Whatever you've done is done. Let it go and move on. Nothing is worth your sanity.

Become a Lawyer and take me to the cleaners !!! I am like a RED Indian being chased by the Posy . You hurt me by saying I am sad that's inflammatory. Let what go, my wife yes I am trying . Sanity never felt better. The rest just chewing the fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Like I say...

Irish people are being displaced from their own economy according to the CSO...

Between January and December 2011, Irish nationals lost 17,100 jobs overall in the Irish economy, in the same period, non-Irish immigrants gained 20,600 jobs in the Irish economy. Irish people are now emigrating at a rate of 1,000 people per week !!

Quarter 1 (Jan-March) – Quarter 4 (Oct-Dec) 2011 OVERALL REVIEW

Between Quarter 1 and Quarter 4 2011 the number of people employed in Ireland overall increased by 3,600 people, from 1,804,200 to 1,807,800 people.

During this same period the number of Irish nationals employed in Ireland fell from 1,601,400 to 1,584,300, an overall reduction of 17,100 people

The number of non-Irish immigrants employed in Ireland increased over the same period from 202,900 to 223,500, an overall increase of 20,600 people

So, between January 2011 to December 2011, Irish nationals lost 17,100 jobs overall in the Irish economy while non-Irish immigrants gained 20,600 jobs overall in the same period

When you analyze these statistics further you will see…

That between Quarter 1 and Quarter 4 2011, the number of EU 15 nationals employed in Ireland increased from 19,800 to 21,100, an increase of 1,300 people

The number of EU Accession State nationals (Eastern European states) employed in Ireland increased from 97,400 to 114,300, an increase of 16,900 people

The number of nationals from outside the EU (Others) employed in Ireland increased from 52,500 to 58,700, an increase of 6,200 people

These statistics amount to proof, from the CSO that in 2011 Irish nationals had the highest likelihood of losing employment in Ireland, the lowest likelihood of gaining employment and also the highest likelihood of emigrating !

These statistics are widely known by government and the media but these issues are not addressed

This situation cannot continue for much longer, we really need a new political party in this Ireland !

SOURCE OF STATISTICS

If anyone wishes to see these statistics for themselves,

Go on to the Central Statistics Office website and look up;

Releases and Publications – Labour Market - National Quarterly Household Survey -

Then scroll down through the list of Microsoft Excel Tables, and find the following;

Table A1 - Estimated number of persons aged 15 years and over classified by nationality and ILO Economic Status

Table A2  Estimated number of persons aged 15 and over in employment (ILO) classified by nationality and NACE Economic Sector

(However I would recommend looking at all the Microsoft Excel tables here as they are vital for understanding the Irish economy)

Chew on this.!

your off the wall,your the very one bringing them into the country,

your off the wall,your the very one bringing them into the country,

Well 12 years was a long time ago considering what's happened .
    Like if I said they should build the Bertie Bowl there would have been no objection.The monument to Bertie.

What about the non-EU partner/spouse of Irish/EU citizens? Are they not welcome?

There was a television programme on TV3 sometime last year that showed Ireland was leading the way in Europe when it comes to sham marriages. Thousands of Latvians and Lithuanians are sent to Ireland to marry non EU men. It appears the big players are Nigerians and Pakistanis. Gardai are powerless to deal with this as it is not illegal to enter into such a marriage.

We should copy the Americans and introduce similar procedures for obtaining spouse visas. The EU/Irish citizen should have to sponsor(put up a bond say 20 large) their new spouse and if the spouse acts the bollix or becomes a burden on the state, bye bye bond.

Sham marriage problem solved.

• Advertisement

There was a television programme on TV3 sometime last year that showed Ireland was leading the way in Europe when it comes to sham marriages. Thousands of Latvians and Lithuanians are sent to Ireland to marry non EU men. It appears the big players are Nigerians and Pakistanis. Gardai are powerless to deal with this as it is not illegal to enter into such a marriage.

We should copy the Americans and introduce similar procedures for obtaining spouse visas. The EU/Irish citizen should have to sponsor(put up a bond say 20 large) their new spouse and if the spouse acts the bollix or becomes a burden on the state, bye bye bond.

Would you be of the same opinion if your potential spouse was from a non-EU country? Not forgetting that America and Australia are non-EU too, not just African's and Asian's as a lot of people seem to forget.

Will you be marrying this one?
    I have a Ladyboy girlfriend now beautiful and easier.

You don't have to show a certificate of freedom here like other countries.
    A divorce document only .

Would you be of the same opinion if your potential spouse was from a non-EU country? Not forgetting that America and Australia are non-EU too, not just African's and Asian's as a lot of people seem to forget.

Yes.

Will you be marrying this one?

Marriage what for I have had enough of marriage .

Marriage what for I have had enough of marriage .

And if this Thai ladyboy friend of yours takes a liking to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Why do the GNIB not ask probing questions like in the film "Green Card"? Ask them enough questions so they trip up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I do not feel sorry at all for the OP.

You lay your bed and you lie on it.

ount yourself that Ireland is the oly contry that turns a blind eye to sham marriages as in this case you cant prove it was a sham or not, for all we know it mightn't have been maybe love wasn't there no more so your excuse is saying its a sham marriage.

If its a sham marriahe you deserve all you get whether its sell the house and divide the proceeds of the sale, as well as going to jail for fraudulent pratices.

And if this Thai ladyboy friend of yours takes a liking to Ireland?

This is very much in the future .You must show a relationship of at least 2 years,photographs , correspondence ,airline tickets ,money in the bank to support and that is just to visit.A de facto relationship is permitted. I would try get a stamp 3 visa ,cannot claim welfare or work l.A stamp 4 can be given too for same sex but its new area.

• Advertisement

I do not feel sorry at all for the OP.

You lay your bed and you lie on it.

ount yourself that Ireland is the oly contry that turns a blind eye to sham marriages as in this case you cant prove it was a sham or not, for all we know it mightn't have been maybe love wasn't there no more so your excuse is saying its a sham marriage.

If its a sham marriahe you deserve all you get whether its sell the house and divide the proceeds of the sale, as well as going to jail for fraudulent pratices.

I have heard all this before .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement