Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red tide

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

johngalway wrote: »
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2012/0712/ireland/algae-tide-threatens-shellfish-industry-200465.html

Are there any sites that give out warnings about red tide? Kind of like how the Met Eireann site gives out a warning when there are conditions suitable for blight.

Go to sfpa.ie and look under seafood safety they should have shellfish harvesting areas listed and categorised according to water quality but they might have red tide warnings in there as well. According to their website, the marine institute posts info on HABs on their website but I've never seen it on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I assume you are interested in the current algal bloom that is affecting the NW? There is an article on the bottom of the page that I linked about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I don't eat shellfish - yet. I should try them but they're not really my thing, just like to know what's going on, if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Although its not on marine.ie the bloom seems to have lifted. I dive in Sligo regular and it was still in full swing on Tuesday with 1-2m vis and no fish but by Friday viz was 6-7m and fish life was back as if the man above flicked a switch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement