Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skyrim: Speech skill, leveling up and gold

• 14-07-2012 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a nice, simple, easy and non-tedious way of getting the speech skill up? I see other skills go up now and then but I can't exactly figure out how to get my speech skill up. Obviously I've tried to persuade but it always fails, so I'm then left to assume to have my speech skill up high enough for persuasion to work more often. Therefore I'm stuck

Also, I'd like to know if there are any quests that would be really handy for leveling up? (that would put any skill to constant use throughout the quest, aside from most of the combat skills).

And finally, easiest way to make gold in the game? Again, not tedious. (Although tediousness would be my final choice lol)

I know I may seem picky with these but I figured I'd get a straightforward answer off people on this than googling these questions all night and getting little to bugger all that I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

pretty sure buying and selling stuff levels speech
    and to get gold, smithing or enchanting.
    smith/enchant a load of ****, sell it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

pretty sure buying and selling stuff levels speech
    and to get gold, smithing or enchanting.
    smith/enchant a load of ****, sell it.

Sound as a pound man. Enchanting never crosses my mind either ill give it a go. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Halted Stream Camp has a spell tome that allows you to convert iron ore into silver ore and silver ore into gold ore. You see where I'm going with this? ;)

You can also create gold rings out of the ore for Smithing. It's a lot faster than using iron daggers and the gold rings are actually worth something, too.

That's money sorted. You can put that towards Speechcraft training then, as a fast way of levelling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Thieves Guild questline is good for gold too, I particularly enjoy the "Bedlam" jobs. Plenty of guides online of where best to start robbing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭LumpyGravy

Isn't there a companion that can train you in speech? Just get him to train you and then get your money back by trading with him. kind of cheating i know but that's how I got my archery level up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

One of the guys in the Bards College does speech training too but he's not a companion so it'll cost you. Plenty more options here too. *May be some minor spoilers on that page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I came across a glitch that you can use to increase your speech to max if you want..

Although I wouldnt recommend it as it will prob just ruin the game a bit.. I find the game is best early on when you are weak and if you don't spam things and as a result level up too quick!

But if you want to know just PM me.

Edit:

Just thought.. Its been a while since I played it so the glitch may have been patched..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

hypermuse wrote: »
    I came across a glitch that you can use to increase your speech to max if you want..

Although I wouldnt recommend it as it will prob just ruin the game a bit.. I find the game is best early on when you are weak and if you don't spam things and as a result level up too quick!

But if you want to know just PM me.

Edit:

Just thought.. Its been a while since I played it so the glitch may have been patched..

The dude in riften? wasn't fixed last time i checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

The dude in riften? wasn't fixed last time i checked.

That's the lad yea. It should be fixed really..

Advertisement