Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinos

Options
  • 14-07-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I hear a lot of hatred over chinos but also a lot of love for them. Just want to know what you're opinion on them is!:cool:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

hate them they always have a stiff kind of paper apperance if you know what i mean and if your thighs are anyway thick you are f***ked so its not a good look,but if youre skinny and slim they look perfect on..it depends really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I suppose it depends on the style and what they are worn with.I've seen lots of guys wearing them lately and they looked good IMO.

Love this style henleys-mens-twisted-chinos%7CA215P_SP200_06_23JGS%7Csaleredroundel.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Ted Baker chinos are nice, when you turn them up at the bottom there is a denim look

782-10003-94264_BRICKRED?$PDP_M$

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

They are an older mans pants imo...all the college lads wear them lately and it makes them look so ridiculous....from 18-25 you shouldn't be caught dead in a pair of these!!! that's my 2 cents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I was slow to embrace them at first but it's nice to have a bit of variety as opposed to wearing jeans the whole time plus they're reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I've recently started wearing them. They're nice and comfy. Although those red ones look horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I've recently started wearing them. They're nice and comfy. Although those red ones look horrible.

Red isn't my color neither , I used to picture to point out that Ted Baker chinos have a design on the bottom over your ankles when you turn them up.
    It takes the boring old man look off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KianHRTE

hate them they always have a stiff kind of paper apperance if you know what i mean and if your thighs are anyway thick you are f***ked so its not a good look,but if youre skinny and slim they look perfect on..it depends really

I have to say I agree that it depends on your size and build... sorry if i cause offense to anyone but if you're fat, chinos just don't look right. Suppose if you're relatively in shape they can look well IMO

What are people's colour preferences here for chinos?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

pennys do some nice chinos occasionally, alot of them are cheap crap you wouldnt wear but sometimes you get a nice pair for around 19 euro..

the red colour seems to suit best with a dark coloured t shirt or jumper and a black pair of runners.

the khaki colour ones good well with alot of other colour clothes, white runners white tshirt for example or you could wear dark also with them

green and blue chinos,stay away from them,they look rediculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

pone2012 wrote: »
    They are an older mans pants imo...all the college lads wear them lately and it makes them look so ridiculous....from 18-25 you shouldn't be caught dead in a pair of these!!! that's my 2 cents

I don't think so. I think the older man style chinos you are referring to are quite different to the styles that are out in the more youth targetted mens stores these days. The ones today are styled differently, usually slimmer or even skinny and the material is thicker (almost denimy feeling) as well as the large range of colours. I don't like the older man style chinos either but do like the current styles (just got a pair in TK Maxx at the weekend and really loving them already! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭thesultan

Bought two pairs , blue and red. It depends on what shoes you wear two. Forgot about them sailor boy ones too gay and preppie

Advertisement