Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help in ordering bits for DIY recoiling Nova heads

• 14-07-2012 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Just looking for a bit of help from someone who makes up their own new atomizer coils. Looked at a few videos of re coiling the viva nova v2 and it looks a piece of cake.

I want to start doing them for myself for the viva nova v2 tank, only got 2 heads and TBS won’t be sending the two I have ordered for nearly another 2 weeks so looking to purchase some wire and wick for now and maybe the future if everything goes ok.

I was hoping to buy them from the same site but don’t know if that’s possible if not can someone give me the websites/s that they use so I can order my stuff tomorrow.

Oh and can someone tell me the spec size of the wire (and type of wire) and wick I need to get.

Thanks in advance if someone can put me on the right track.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

andreivanov86 "at" gmail.com

email this guy

10m of wick for 8 euro, 10m of wire for 5 euro iirc
    he has .20 and .15 nichrome afaik

the type of wire you want depends on the type of coil you want. low res get .20 normal/standard res get .15

low res would be anything under or around 2ohms afaik, standard is under 2.5-3 or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Thanks Digby, how is payment made?

pretty sure i already replied to this... weird

paypal anyway, email him to make sure

pretty sure i already replied to this... weird

paypal anyway, email him to make sure

Thanks for the info ;)

One last thing Dig. What thickness of wick do I need, I am going to go for the .15 wire for higher resistance, have seen ppl mention 1mm and 3mm wick, which would be suitable for 0.15 (or do you use 3mm as a single strand for the wick and or 3 pieces of 1mm x3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

kiffy wrote: »
    One last thing Dig. What thickness of wick do I need, I am going to go for the .15 wire for higher resistance, have seen ppl mention 1mm and 3mm wick, which would be suitable for 0.15 (or do you use 3mm as a single strand for the wick and or 3 pieces of 1mm x3?

I think the one he has is 1mm and I'd say would be ideal for the vivi nova looks the same size to me anyway.

prety sure andrei only sells 1mm

if you need 3mm then yeah you just use 3 strands of 1mm

i dont think the thickness of the wick matters all that much for most atties. some people prefer 1mm, 2mm, 4mm whatever. just experiment and see what works best for you. I'm pretty much never happy so I spend a few weeks on 2mm, think I can do better.. a few weeks on 4mm, think I can do better.. back to 2mm and so on so forth.

I'm pretty much never happy so I spend a few weeks on 2mm, think I can do better.. a few weeks on 4mm, think I can do better.. back to 2mm and so on so forth.
    Bloody Hell I hope it ain't going to be that hard a job to get right, I get pi$$ed off with myself very easy when things don't go right, I'd better lock the dog away when I'm doing it then :D
    And thanks for the help, much appreciated.

it's as hard as you make it :)

i'm using a coil I made 3-4 days ago atm and it's working great
    but I know myself. If I wasn't already out of wick/coil I'd have ripped it apart seven times already in the past 2 days :) I just enjoy giving myself stress.

Cheers lads, have just bought my wire and wick from Andre and should get it early next week.
    10m of each that should keep me busy for month or ten :D using up that lot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement