Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement line trimmer spool

Options
  • 14-07-2012 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,

The spool in my "Victor" line trimmer is broken and won't hold the line anymore rendering it usless. Anyone know where I could could get a replacement? The trimmer is in good shape and working away apart from that so would hate to have to get a new one for just such a small part breaking down!

Thanks
    Darren

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Really depends on what a "Victor" strimmer is, if its any form of petrol mower then there are a few different heads you could get some fit using an adaptor bolt try any of the bigger dealers that do strimmers and chain saws. Or even Amazon.co.uk and search for strimmer head but you'll need to find out the thread type on your machine. If its an electic strimmer then you'll just have to have a hunt around B&Q and Woodies to see if they have anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ebay, might have it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Homebase, Woodies and B&Q

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

what has broken, if its just the little loop inside there is a quick easy solution

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Darren Mahony

Hi Guys,
    Yes it is a petrol trimmer. I've tried all those usual places listed above with no luck and spent ages trawling the net without much success either.
    It is in fact the little loop to hold the line thats brokrn and I'm sure I could come up with something to fix it but if you have a proven solution I would love to hear it,

Darren

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Just take it along to a dealer and ask how much for a replacement head.

There are not that many different variations in thread type for strimmers and you need to look for a head to fit the thread you have on your strimmer not to fit a specific make which might have been rebranded and sold under many different names.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

tried and tested answer,, drill 2 holes that you can loop the spool through,, then wined as normal, work as normal,, this is how some are designed

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Darren Mahony

Thanks for the info guys,
    I'll try drilling the holes and lopng the wire as suggested bt ymurtagh ans failing that I'll take it in somewhere and look for a new head.

Darren.

Advertisement