Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Irish women

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Dirty dirty women never to be trusted.YES I'M COMING MOTHER.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I hear these complaints quite a bit, is it generalising if there's quite a few lads saying it? You get a good few women saying the same of Irish lads in fairness.

It does, in fairness, she would just be trying to rescue her friend from an unpleasant situation.

That is harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

Go to better places. Usually girls grow outta that Paris Hilton phase. Just like the men grow out of "any girl will do".
    Well if youre going to places with girls like that i assume you need to go to a nicer place.

You're either very naive or you don't get out that much to think that girls will stop wearing fake tan when they get to a certain age. Women of all ages will always wear fake tan, just some wear it better than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Varied wrote: »
    I hear these complaints quite a bit, is it generalising if there's quite a few lads saying it? You get a good few women saying the same of Irish lads in fairness.

Yes, and it would be unfair of women to say similar things about men. The reality is that the people you come across behaving churlishly in a nightclub are not representative of all Irish people, or even all Irish people in nightclubs.

Varied wrote: »
    That is harsh.

Not really, as it's a hypothetical situation with a hypothetical ugly man.

Also, it's a joke. It needed a :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

crazygeryy wrote: »
    .YES I'M COMING MOTHER.

yeeeuuuu :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Culleeo wrote: »
    You're either very naive or you don't get out that much to think that girls will stop wearing fake tan when they get to a certain age. Women of all ages will always wear fake tan, just some wear it better than others.

Eh, I was talking about the orange stuff you see the kids about 16-20 wear. Not actual proper fake tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

OP you're a legend, I see this kind of thing all the time, "I wear loads of makeup therefore I'm better than you". I used to be a bit of a minger back in the day but I was a nice guy so most girls would humour me but there's always that one bitch. It's about time she got a taste of her own medicine.

The only thing I would say is that it is present in most European countries, well it certainly is in the UK anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

I read this opening post thinking it was a brilliant (little over the top) parady of the typical still-living-at-home-with-mammy-pathetic-Irish-manchild-complains-about-wimmin thread.

But then I found out the OP is being serious.

OP you're a legend, I see this kind of thing all the time, "I wear loads of makeup therefore I'm better than you". I used to be a bit of a minger back in the day but I was a nice guy so most girls would humour me but there's always that one bitch. It's about time she got a taste of her own medicine.

The only thing I would say is that it is present in most European countries, well it certainly is in the UK anyway.

You should wear more make-up than them, turn the tables on them completely.

Then you'd win.

• Advertisement

You should wear more make-up than them, turn the tables on them completely.

Then you'd win.

"used to be", now I'm a stud ;)

"used to be", now I'm a stud ;)

Because of the make-up? :pac:

Because of the make-up? :pac:

Haha yes it makes a huge difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

As soon as I saw the title of the OP, I knew this would end well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Some mate you are! Your buddy gets face palmed by a fat ugly bird and you tell the internets!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

It's called cock-blocking

Seems to me OP was trying to say this, albeit in a very long-winded way.

To tar all groups of women who socialize in clubs with the same brush just destroys your chances.

I think the problem OP has here is not being able to tell if these wimmens are cock-blocking or not. At least with a singles night, you have sure knowledge they're looking for the ride, just as you are. And it's Win Win, and lovely, and fantastic, and there is no guessing, or second guessing the wimmens agenda.

But beware of the deceptive wimmens types who only go to singles nights there for 'the craic' and 'the buzz' and are avert to the ride.

• Advertisement

I used the Nicklas Bendnter analogy when referring to irish women in the soccer thread a few weeks ago. In the OP's case, the b*tch friend is Nicklas and doesnt seem to like that Van Persie/Rooney/Grant Holt has outshone him yet again, while they still are under the illusion that they are the best in the universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

OP if you spent the same amount of energy being a better person than you do blaming random women for your own inadequacies, you might just find yourself having more positive experiences -you reap what you sow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Ah sure me and the lads have often done the pose with our fingers down the throat if one of the lads was scoring some mess. But we wouldnt stop him because we're good friends like that :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

Any guy who expects to meet 'nice' women in a nightclub is a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

B!tches be crazy!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Wow, OP, it was really charitable of you to point out that it's only some of us...

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Wow, OP, it was really charitable of you to point out that it's only some of us...

It was very generous.

You see, it's like the Nazis: only some of them were actually evil. The rest were only following orders. The really bad members of the party ruined it for the rest of them, just as is the case with some Irish women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

It was very generous.

You see, it's like the Nazis: only some of them were actually evil. The rest were only following orders. The really bad members of the party ruined it for the rest of them, just as is the case with some Irish women.

Oh, I see! So the women are following orders. From another woman no doubt. So the OP believes it's a good idea to be back to the middle ages where women had little to no rights? :p

I used the Nicklas Bendnter analogy when referring to irish women in the soccer thread a few weeks ago. In the OP's case, the b*tch friend is Nicklas and doesnt seem to like that Van Persie/Rooney/Grant Holt has outshone him yet again, while they still are under the illusion that they are the best in the universe.

That is one laboured, clunky analogy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

KeithM89 wrote: »
    A friend of mine would always go out of his way to pull the fat friend, his excuse was theyd always go for food after and he could rob a few chips and save himself a couple of euro.

Its not worth riding the waves for a few chips.

A chicken box maybe, but not a few chips. :pac:

Oh, I see! So the women are following orders. From another woman no doubt. So the OP believes it's a good idea to be back to the middle ages where women had little to no rights? :p

They receive telepathic orders directly from the Feminazi hive mind. Because of this, no woman can ever truly make an informed decision, or be truly independent, and it would therefore be better if men controlled their lives, for their own sake.

If we can find the location of the hive mind's central nerve cluster (which I suspect is the studio where they produce Loose Women) and shut down its telepathic network and its production facility for making Boots and Aero ads, then we can truly start down the path of making women truly equal partners in society.

*disclaimer*

Everything I know about women has been cobbled together from various After Hours threads, and is therefore completely reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Have we got to the part of the thread where we demonstrate how the vagina shows there is no loving God yet?

*readies crayons and pitchfork

That is one laboured, clunky analogy.

But very relevant if you know what Nicklas Bendtner and Irish women consist of ;)

But very relevant if you know what Nicklas Bendtner and Irish women consist of ;)

Blood and guts and stuff?

Kolido wrote: »
    Its not worth riding the waves for a few chips.

A chicken box maybe, but not a few chips. :pac:

Yeah, if you're going to do something wrong, do it right! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Happy days huh OP?

Blood and guts and stuff?

Mentality wise more than physically. Their arrogance is off the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

They receive telepathic orders directly from the Feminazi hive mind. Because of this, no woman can ever truly make an informed decision, or be truly independent, and it would therefore be better if men controlled their lives, for their own sake.

If we can find the location of the hive mind's central nerve cluster (which I suspect is the studio where they produce Loose Women) and shut down its telepathic network and its production facility for making Boots and Aero ads, then we can truly start down the path of making women truly equal partners in society.

*disclaimer*

Everything I know about women has been cobbled together from various After Hours threads, and is therefore completely reliable.

Brilliant Moo Reply is Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alactric

Can we call the vet to put this thread to sleep yet? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Ah sure me and the lads have often done the pose with our fingers down the throat if one of the lads was scoring some mess. But we wouldnt stop him because we're good friends like that :D

Yeah and its brilliant crack the next day taking a hand at them for tackling some minger.

Mentality wise more than physically. Their arrogance is off the scale.

My arrogance is off the scale apparently. Boards teaches me something new every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Maybe the friend knew the girl very well, knew the girl was very drunk and would regret it the next morning if anything happened so was saving the girl from a moment of "what the f*ck did I do last night?!" the next morning? It's a possibility, as likely if not more likely than "b*tches be cray".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I have to agree with the OP in that there are some women who behave like this in clubs and I find it to be quite mean and rude. There really is no need to be so horrible to a guy who is talking to you just because you somehow deem him unworthy.

However, I have also encountered rude men who think it is acceptable to mock girls that they think are fat or ugly. Some people are assholes, regardless of gender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Oh my. They don't like it at all. Truth.

Piste wrote: »
    Maybe the friend knew the girl very well, knew the girl was very drunk and would regret it the next morning if anything happened so was saving the girl from a moment of "what the f*ck did I do last night?!" the next morning? It's a possibility, as likely if not more likely than "b*tches be cray".

It's not that that people have a problem with, it's the bitchy way they go about it. She could've just explained she wanted to talk to her friend, took her to the bathroom etc. No need to insult the poor guy, I know a friend of mine(who strangely enough is actually very good looking) has very low self-esteem and this kind of thing absolutely would absolutely destroy his confidence. And I see it happen all the time. Again though it's not exclusive to Irish women. Some people are just dicks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

A friend of mine would always go out of his way to pull the fat friend, his excuse was theyd always go for food after and he could rob a few chips and save himself a couple of euro.

he is my hero

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

anyway im a guy and i am a dickhead in clubs.
    Like if girl trys to get with me and if think she aint hot I will say some not very nice things....
    I do regret it after I say it :D im just a cock when im drunk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

rKossi wrote: »
    he is my hero
    Thats pretty sad.
    Like if girl trys to get with me and if think she aint hot I will say some not very nice things....

Are you drinking now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

OP, if you were a proper wingman, you would have distracted the girl's mate before she went up and pulled her friend away.

Note to self: Don't go pulling with leonidas83.

Or if he(the guy who was trying to score) saw her friend was isolated and hanging around looking grumpy he should have introduced himself to her cracked a few jokes, played the nice guy to gain her approval and then carried on with score. But it can be awkward with the friend, often you need to win her over first. If things start becoming aggressive its time to walk away simply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

Another poor tormented soul...don't we all know how difficult it is for guys to fend off all these women who mysteriously must have a liking for drunk bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 Bazgina

hahah thats fecking gas out! makes sense though,,,,.,,, XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Aquila wrote: »
    Irish women are great craic :cool:

Don't you be generalising like that now! Shame on you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Slow dancing?

Where was the club? 1994?

It was much easier when there was slow dancing.. after a set of three you could say thanks and walk off. No hurt pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

In my pulling days it was a common problem getting past the 'the friend'. 'The friend' pretends she's being protective but really she's just being domineering and probably a bit jealous that she's not the one getting the attention.

S'all in the game yo.

Word

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement