Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Irish women

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 Bazgina

I agree it wasnt a nice thing to do to the guy, but peopl get drunk , dont think blah blah.... it happens both ways though to be fair ya know its not just irish women- guys and girls all over the fecking planet do it !

I was out one night and one off my mates was slighty tipsy decided that one guy looked good for me to shift (trying to be a good friend I suppose even though I wasnt looking for la shift at the time busy trying to get a drink at the bar )... he whispered to him pointing at me... I wasnt paying attention but then I heard the guy say "she isnt that great".

I walked away , my self estem wouldnt be the highest but I figured it happens .... I mean like people are tispy... dont think of the other persons feelings... thats the last thing on their mind usually.... hah.
    The poor guy in my eyes ... I didnt ask my mate to go over and say that to him .... I ll admit my estem took a hit ,( that guy judged me without me even looking at him) but its a club and its bound to be messy. Sometimes they dont even mean to be harsh....just the connection to the brain and mouth doesnt function.

maybe its a bit of a different situation compared to the guys....but moral of story happens to everyone. Tall skinny, small , blonde... redhead... brunttee no fake tan, orange... guy ,, girl... **** happens.... haha :) :P

Sea Filly wrote: »
    My arrogance is off the scale apparently. Boards teaches me something new every day.

Ah not all of ye but unfortunately an alarming number of ye :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

OP

Quick question

Did you score?

The other side of the coin is there is absolute idiot men going out these times pestering women. However the cock blocker will step in regardless of whether even Bressie is chatting up their friend or not (probably especially when Bressie is there)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

FishBowel wrote: »
    Any guy who expects to meet 'nice' women in a nightclub is a tool.

What a ridiculous thing to say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The girl in the OP sounds pretty rude, but the OP himself was well out of order and sounds much nastier than the girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

KeithM89 wrote: »
    A friend of mine would always go out of his way to pull the fat friend, his excuse was theyd always go for food after and he could rob a few chips and save himself a couple of euro.

now that's Wing Man Of The Century stuff. even if the 'reason' is dubious.

I find it kind of hilarious that the OP specifies "Irish women" as the sole offenders of this behaviour. Some guys on AH seem to have this idealistic view of foreign women; like not only are they ALL super hot, they're also super nice.
    You seriously think it's only Irish girls who occasionally 'rescue' their friends from mingers in clubs?
    Some have claimed it's jealousy. Perhaps for some girls, but in my experience, this jealous behaviour doesn't really happen all that much. Except for the odd annoying girl who won't tolerate being left "by herself".

HOWEVER, I would never behave in the manner this girl did, and don't agree with it. I have seen girls go over to the 'couple', sticking their fingers down their throats, making gagging noises, etc. I mean, ffs, the guy has feelings too.
    Don't agree with what the OP did though either, was pretty childish and very mean. When it comes down to it, this was a NIGHTCLUB, being judged and 'picked' for your appearance is all part of the 'game'. It was pretty ridiculous him getting all precious on behalf of his mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Varied wrote: »
    I hear these complaints quite a bit, is it generalising if there's quite a few lads saying it?
    Oh it does happen for sure (in certain establishments, among younger age groups). It's just the "Irish women" tag - if you're an Irish woman you're very likely to feel defensive. I know the person starting the thread says "some Irish women" but the phenomenon being referred to is not just Irish.
    You get a good few women saying the same of Irish lads in fairness.
    Not on Boards. If there's the same amount of attacks on Irish men as on Irish women, I haven't seen them.

Leonidas, the girl seems like a right **** but you shouldn't have stooped to her level.

There's great irony too in the way some lads are so objectionable to the behaviour of Irish women, yet boast about fairly bitchy behaviour themselves (insulting women over their looks, making fun of pals who've had sex with girls who aren't lookers, the chips thing - from a mod) - ye de mennnn! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Rocket19 wrote: »
    I find it kind of hilarious that the OP specifies "Irish women" as the sole offenders of this behaviour. Some guys on AH seem to have this idealistic view of foreign women; like not only are they ALL super hot, they're also super nice.
    You seriously think it's only Irish girls who occasionally 'rescue' their friends from mingers in clubs?
    Some have claimed it's jealousy. Perhaps for some girls, but in my experience, this jealous behaviour doesn't really happen all that much. Except for the odd annoying girl who won't tolerate being left "by herself".

HOWEVER, I would never behave in the manner this girl did, and don't agree with it. I have seen girls go over to the 'couple', sticking their fingers down their throats, making gagging noises, etc. I mean, ffs, the guy has feelings too.
    Don't agree with what the OP did though either, was pretty childish and very mean. When it comes down to it, this was a NIGHTCLUB, being judged and 'picked' for your appearance is all part of the 'game'. It was pretty ridiculous him getting all precious on behalf of his mate.

The problem is that I (and many of my friends) have been insulted by and harmed by men (unprovoked) on nights out, but you don't see me starting threads where I generalise all men based on the actions of a few.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Onixx wrote: »
    Not on Boards. If there's the same amount of attacks on Irish men as on Irish women, I haven't seen them.
    Have you seen the boards Census forum? Specifically the one for gender?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

You won't see many at all (if any) similar man-bashing threads in AH.

For a nation of women who seem to do nothing but ridicule and look down on Irish men, there doesn't seem to be very many of them around here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I've little to add so here's a v'deo

The problem is that I (and many of my friends) have been insulted by and harmed by men (unprovoked) on nights out, but you don't see me starting threads where I generalise all men based on the actions of a few.

Agreed.
    For instance, there's not one occasion where I've been in a club and a guy hasn't grabbed my a$s. Seriously. They do it in passing. If it's crowded, they'll just brush by, and nonchalantly grab the a$s! This happens to pretty much all girls, it's just something you deal with. On this token, I guess it's OK for me/us to label all "Irish men" perverts and sexual harassers. I get that women do this also (ass grabbing!), but come on. There are certain things that "just happen" in clubs, which you either have to laugh at/brush off, or just don't go to a club in the first place.

Also, there's a serious amount of irony going on in the thread (as has already been pointed out). Guys crying over how they're being mistreated by the mean, superficial Irish girls, but at the same time, talking about "fat chicks" and "butterfaces" or whatever. Saying that, the attitudes towards Irish women that you commonly see in AH, aren't (imo) anything like 'real life'.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Have you seen the boards Census forum? Specifically the one for gender?
    Good point. But you'd expect the *odd* such thread - yet where are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Good point. But you'd expect the *odd* such thread - yet where are they?
    About to call it a night, so not going to go through this right now. But at least I have it posted here for going through tomorrow/today. Nothing in the last month, I see that much. Kinda wish there was a thing to look for the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Certain girls do have an inferiority complex. The truth hurts so they resort to acting like a pseudo two piece hood when confronted. Very unbecoming of a lady imo.

Rocket19 wrote: »
    Agreed.
    For instance, there's not one occasion where I've been in a club and a guy hasn't grabbed my a$s. Seriously. They do it in passing. If it's crowded, they'll just brush by, and nonchalantly grab the a$s! This happens to pretty much all girls, it's just something you deal with. On this token, I guess it's OK for me/us to label all "Irish men" perverts and sexual harassers. I get that women do this also (ass grabbing!), but come on. There are certain things that "just happen" in clubs, which you either have to laugh at/brush off, or just don't go to a club in the first place.

Also, there's a serious amount of irony going on in the thread (as has already been pointed out). Guys crying over how they're being mistreated by the mean, superficial Irish girls, but at the same time, talking about "fat chicks" and "butterfaces" or whatever. Saying that, the attitudes towards Irish women that you commonly see in AH, aren't (imo) anything like 'real life'.

+1

Irish women are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

We are too orange..
    too pasty

too dumb
    too smart arse

too slutty
    too frigid

too stuck up our own arses
    not as pretty as our European counterparts

too fat
    too scrawny

don't look after ourselves
    too full of ourselves when we do

Cant bloody win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

mishkalucy wrote: »
    +1

Irish women are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

We are too orange..
    too pasty

too dumb
    too smart arse

too slutty
    too frigid

too stuck up our own arses
    not as pretty as our European counterparts

too fat
    too scrawny

don't look after ourselves
    too full of ourselves when we do

Cant bloody win

a happy medium???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

Some Irish girls really are up their own ass. I was in a pub with my girlfriend when a girl standing at the bar beside us dropped her purse on the floor. I picked it up, tapped her on the shoulder and said "excuse me," so I could give it back to her. She glanced around for a second, let out a sigh, and without making eye contact said she had a boyfriend. I said fine maybe he'll pick up your purse for you then and I threw it at her feet.

Girls you're not in "sex and the city" cop the fcuk on!

Pushtrak wrote: »
    About to call it a night, so not going to go through this right now. But at least I have it posted here for going through tomorrow/today. Nothing in the last month, I see that much. Kinda wish there was a thing to look for the last year.
    I think you can set it to search chronologically. And is that recent thread really putting down Irish men?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    Some Irish girls really are up their own ass. I was in a pub with my girlfriend when a girl standing at the bar beside us dropped her purse on the floor. I picked it up, tapped her on the shoulder and said "excuse me," so I could give it back to her. She glanced around for a second, let out a sigh, and without making eye contact said she had a boyfriend. I said fine maybe he'll pick up your purse for you then and I threw it at her feet.

This one solitary girl was a dïckhead. As has been pointed out in this thread before, please don't tar us all with the same brush. We're not all like that.

efb wrote: »
    a happy medium???

On AH?

Or in real life?

There doesn't seem to be one...............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

I kinda agree with both sides of story I mean you do see some girls on night out have seen this with my own male friends and they can be stuck up. But I also think for some lads if you say your not interested for whatever reason boyfriend or what they just turn calling you all sorts. Happened to me and my friend the last night I was talking to this guy and his friend went up talking to my friend who has a boyfriend she simply told him nothing bad. The the guy just turns on us calling us all sorts. I think some young guys these days just want sex and that's it.

Carlos Ray, and the sheep who have given you the thumbs up, she was an asshole. What was specifically Irish about her behaviour though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

She was an asshole. What was specifically Irish about her behaviour though?

I thought it was obvious that only Irish people are arses to people when they're drunk. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

She was an asshole. What was specifically Irish about her behaviour though?

the asshole part :p

Princessxx wrote: »
    I think some young guys these days just want sex and that's it.
    Young guys (and girls) have always been hormonal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

just typical feminist behavior. I wouldn't waste a few words on that type.

Oh people who don't know what they're talking about are most amusing! :)

What exactly is "feminist" about it? Do you honestly think them bints are influenced by feminist ideology?

• Advertisement

the asshole part :p

Makes me wonder how the Irish men ever managed to procreate with with their heinous counterparts and kept the generations going before 10 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Makes me wonder how the Irish men ever managed to procreate with with their heinous counterparts and kept the generations going before 10 years ago?

god only knows

god only knows

I actually feel I sorry for the men of Ireland because God only knows how they put up with years of trying to mount us despite our 3 legs and multiple deformities(whiteness being the major drawback if you discount the temporal horns)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Some men are d1cks and some women are too. Its a fact of life just plan your game around it! When I was younger I got around the friend by pointing at some randomer the other side of the club and saying he fancies you!

It's not that that people have a problem with, it's the bitchy way they go about it. She could've just explained she wanted to talk to her friend, took her to the bathroom etc. No need to insult the poor guy, I know a friend of mine(who strangely enough is actually very good looking) has very low self-esteem and this kind of thing absolutely would absolutely destroy his confidence. And I see it happen all the time. Again though it's not exclusive to Irish women. Some people are just dicks.

Actually Im not bad looking (Im not being arogant just told it a lot) but when I was younger my self esteem wouldnt have been the highest untill I got older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Was in a club there recently and a mate of mine was kind of slow dancing with this girl he liked in the corner, then one of her mates comes over all of a sudden & points as if she was gonna sick at the thought of her getting with him. Your one wasnt long in pissing off after this. Felt a bit bad for my mate.

This one's friend is typical of the type of up your own arse Irish lass u see regularly in clubs, bottle blond hair, fake tan to the max, and shorts that werent far off hotpants.
    So music went off, went up to her told her I didnt think she was good looking at all and low and below, the lunatic lets out a scream as I was walking off, starts shouting after me, accusing me of all sorts, saying she knows she's not good looking but makes an effort unlike me, etc., etc. One of her fat female friends then proceeds to come over to me as to try and hit me a slap. How ****ing nuts are some Irish women, can give it but as soon as u give it back to them they lose the rag completely
    She was probably on the rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

said she had a boyfriend

It's a dubious claim anytime I hear this, because it's the last thing you want to say to some-one you just met.

"I have a boyfriend" is like saying:

"I have a savings account worth 20,000 EUR in a safe deposit box in Prague"

You just don't get over-the-top personal with anyone you just met in a bar.

It shows a serious lack of street knowledge when a girl tells a guy she's with some-one, IMHO.

So when you hear such a phrase, indulge their naive, innocent ways and start asking them:

"Is he good for you"
    "Does he make you breakfast"

The usual response is a scouly-look. All of a sudden the stunner becomes ugly on the inside, and thus appears ugly on the outside too, and you come out of the experience a better man.

+1 to Not feeling obliged to divulge personal info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

What can only be described as the 'herd mentality' of certain Irish women is something to behold.

Lets take an example,
    4 girls in a group hanging in some part of the pub. A guy goes over to one he fancies. Stars chatting, chancing his arm, what not. Whilst doing so, the other members of the group are giving him dirty looks and non-verbal gestures to the girl in conversation that this guy is a "loser". Que girl being cold. Dude leaves.

This is generally found alot with younger girls. But can be found with women of all ages too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think the reason the above girls wouldn't be too pleased is because it's quite rude to go up and interrupt a group mid conversation if you don't know them.

What can only be described as the 'herd mentality' of certain Irish women is something to behold.

Lets take an example,
    4 girls in a group hanging in some part of the pub. A guy goes over to one he fancies. Stars chatting, chancing his arm, what not. Whilst doing so, the other members of the group are giving him dirty looks and non-verbal gestures to the girl in conversation that this guy is a "loser". Que girl being cold. Dude leaves.

This is generally found alot with younger girls. But can be found with women of all ages too.

So what you are saying is that every woman(girl) who refuses a male approach is a cnut?
    Maybe he was a loser?
    If a 23 stone girl with a tache came onto you don't tell me your mates wouldn't rip the piss?!

• Advertisement

So what you are saying is that every woman(girl) who refuses a male approach is a cnut?
    Maybe he was a loser?
    If a 23 stone girl with a tache came onto you don't tell me your mates wouldn't rip the piss?!

Im a male as it was put but dancing with a woman would not be counted as refusing her.

Don't be ridiculous - women's appearances are never ripped to shreds! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

Lets take an example,

Something smells of being too well connected. Too much sitting in their PJs eating Sultana and Chocolate Digestives watching "Loose Women" at 2PM on a Tuesday having a "Girly chat".

Us men can't afford the luxury of discussing every aspect of a Woman's "real needs and emotional requirements"

We're just looking for the ride

http://isharefil.es/I5AT/man-woman-switches.jpg

Don't be ridiculous - women's appearances are never ripped to shreds! :p

As threads on here will atest to!

Unless you are.........

Pale(dont wear false tan)
    Irish(self explanatory)
    Confident(bitch)
    Pretty(up one's arse)
    Intelligent(smart arse)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭techsavysista

Jesus if she didn't get with your friend she didn't get with your friend. Maybe he wasn't her type, maybe she told her friend to make sure she doesn't pull a loser or go on the rebound tonight (v common) maybe she had a boyfriend/girlfriend or maybe she didn't like him.

Obviously she didn't if she so easily walked away!? There was no need for you to say those things. Getting angry over a cock block is pretty desperate. It was clearly just a one night shot for him so just carry on playing your game when that happens

Also...........

**** I'd be scared to go back out there into the dating game if this is the play now:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

The thing is, either gender can be rude if they're having a bad day or whatever.
    Its not a 'womens' thing.

Get over yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

The thing is, either gender can be rude if they're having a bad day or whatever.

Get over yourself

You must be an Irish woman. :pac:
    sorry but I had to:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Get over yourself

Good manners and politeness also cost nothing, so there is no excuse for rudeness even if someone is "having a bad day".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Maybe he was a loser?

Re-read my original post. No, actually let me quote it for you ...

What can only be described as the 'herd mentality' of certain Irish women is something to behold.....

Is that too big?
    Pssh, probably not. Seeing as how you didnt read that in the first place :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement