Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some Irish women

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Re-read my original post. No, actually let me quote it for you ...

Is that too big?
    Pssh, probably not. Seeing as how you didnt read that in the first place :rolleyes:

"SOME black people are.."
    "SOME jewish people.."

Pre-fixing your derogetory statements with 'certain' or 'some' doesn't give you a free pass to say whatever you want.

What you are doing is so thinly veiled, everyone sees through misogynistic statements like these.
    But by all means keep using rollyeyes, its making this thread an edgier place to be in.

Good manners and politness also cost nothing, so there is no excuse for rudeness even if someone is "having a bad day".

And rudeness is the sole preserve of women. Of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

"SOME black people are.."
    "SOME jewish people.."

Pre-fixing your derogetory statements with 'certain' or 'some' doesn't give you a free pass to say whatever you want.

What you are doing is so thinly veiled, everyone sees through misogynistic statements like these.
    But by all means keep using rollyeyes, its making this thread an edgier place to be in.
    Uh... he has a point. Some women are complete bitches. Just like some men are complete prícks and think that all women are lunatics.

Would it have made you feel more comfortable if he said: What can only be described as the 'herd mentality' of certain Irish people is something to behold.....

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Uh... he has a point. Some women are complete bitches. Just like some men are complete prícks and think that all women are lunatics.

Would it have made you feel more comfortable if he said: What can only be described as the 'herd mentality' of certain Irish people is something to behold.....

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Misogynistic thread is misogynistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Sum of em Some of em.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Misogynistic thread is misogynistic.

I sincerely hope you're joking. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Could have been a better thread without the "some Irish women part". I haven't lived anywhere other than here so I can't comment on what goes on elsewhere but I have seen this type of thing in Ireland from both boys and girls even though it is rare.

As people have pointed out there was a far more polite way the OP's friend could have handled the situation if it was in fact based on instructions to avoid a rebound or whatever situation. The fact is though she was a cúnt about it so I have no sympathy for her in taking a taste of her own medicine. Maybe she will think twice next time.

I don't get why people feel the need to be so fcuking bitchy to each other, why can't we all just get along.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Sounds like the OP is hanging around too many skangers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

mackg wrote: »
    Could have been a better thread without the "some Irish women part". I haven't lived anywhere other than here so I can't comment on what goes on elsewhere but I have seen this type of thing in Ireland from both boys and girls even though it is rare.

As people have pointed out there was a far more polite way the OP's friend could have handled the situation if it was in fact based on instructions to avoid a rebound or whatever situation. The fact is though she was a cúnt about it so I have no sympathy for her in taking a taste of her own medicine. Maybe she will think twice next time.

I don't get why people feel the need to be so fcuking bitchy to each other, why can't we all just get along.:)

Because people have conflicting interests, conflict will always take place, it's going no where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    Girls you're not in "sex and the city" cop the fcuk on!

Why is this still always trotted out? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Does "Cop the fcuk on" mean- "sure give me mate the ride, wha?"

• Advertisement

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Was in a club there recently and a mate of mine was kind of slow dancing with this girl he liked in the corner, then one of her mates comes over all of a sudden & points as if she was gonna sick at the thought of her getting with him. Your one wasnt long in pissing off after this. Felt a bit bad for my mate.

This one's friend is typical of the type of up your own arse Irish lass u see regularly in clubs, bottle blond hair, fake tan to the max, and shorts that werent far off hotpants.
    So music went off, went up to her told her I didnt think she was good looking at all and low and below, the lunatic lets out a scream as I was walking off, starts shouting after me, accusing me of all sorts, saying she knows she's not good looking but makes an effort unlike me, etc., etc. One of her fat female friends then proceeds to come over to me as to try and hit me a slap. How ****ing nuts are some Irish women, can give it but as soon as u give it back to them they lose the rag completely

judging by your post, I think her mate was right to warn her friend off your yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Is the OP actually saying ...

'how come girls with bottle blonde hair, fax tan and hotpants are superficial?'

hmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I read this opening post thinking it was a brilliant (little over the top) parady of the typical still-living-at-home-with-mammy-pathetic-Irish-manchild-complains-about-wimmin thread.

This comment is only compounding the problem and will give the men yet another reason to complain about women.

To tar all groups of women who socialize in clubs with the same brush just destroys your chances.

This is a very good point. I'm starting to lose in interest in clubs now. It's this mentality that makes it difficult for the people who just want to go to clubs to enjoy themselves and meet people. Women's defensive mechanisms are strong enough as it is. If this nonsense persists then the future of the Irish nightlife looks very bleak.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    This comment is only compounding the problem and will give the men yet another reason to complain about women.

This is a very good point. I'm starting to lose in interest in clubs now. It's this mentality that makes it difficult for the people who just want to go to clubs to enjoy themselves and meet people. Women's defensive mechanisms are strong enough as it is. If this nonsense persists then the future of the Irish nightlife looks very bleak.

Are you saying women should be less picky???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    Some Irish girls really are up their own ass. I was in a pub with my girlfriend when a girl standing at the bar beside us dropped her purse on the floor. I picked it up, tapped her on the shoulder and said "excuse me," so I could give it back to her. She glanced around for a second, let out a sigh, and without making eye contact said she had a boyfriend. I said fine maybe he'll pick up your purse for you then and I threw it at her feet.

Girls you're not in "sex and the city" cop the fcuk on!
    Unfortunately your right,they down a few cosmos and the personality changes into a high maintenance witch.
    Shows like sex and the city, desperate housewives and all the other spin offs have created this false elusive dream that a lot of Irish women actually believe and demand to be their reality.

Sappa wrote: »
    Unfortunately your right,they down a few beers and the personality changes into a high maintenance witch/macho man.
    Shows like sex and the city, desperate housewives and all the other spin offs/shows that show men fighting have created this false elusive dream that some idiots actually believe and demand to be their reality.

I fixed your post.

Unfortunately your right,they down a few beers and the personality changes into a high maintenance witch/macho man.
    Shows like sex and the city, desperate housewives and all the other spin offs/shows that show men fighting have created this false elusive dream that some idiots actually believe and demand to be their reality.

I fixed your post.
    Fail

efb wrote: »
    Are you saying women should be less picky???

No I'm saying people need to stop been nasty towards each other. The way some people interact when on a night out is atrocious.

Fail
    So you feel all men are perfect when drunk but all women are bitches when drunk? Or is it just "most Irish" women?

No I'm saying people need to stop been nasty towards each other. The way some people interact when on a night out is atrocious.

I don't find people being nasty to me on a night out

• Advertisement

The majority of young Irish women would be in the ladette category in my opinion,they can drink like the men,curse like a sailor and fart like a dog.
    This culture does not exist with the foreign ladies hence we single them out as being more reserved and polite in a social setting,this binge drinking takes it's toll on Irish girls and if they were to take better care of themselves and nit lead this lifestyle they would probably be a lot closer to the foreign stunners.

The majority of young Irish women would be in the ladette category in my opinion,they can drink like the men,curse like a sailor and fart like a dog.
    This culture does not exist with the foreign ladies hence we single them out as being more reserved and polite in a social setting,this binge drinking takes it's toll on Irish girls and if they were to take better care of themselves and nit lead this lifestyle they would probably be a lot closer to the foreign stunners.

Oh sweet f**k. You're completely deluded or a sexist. If you feel women are the only one that's affected by the drink do me a favour and have a look at the lads on a night out. Or you know tha wonderful thing we can get known as a beer gut.

True, but what does that say about the Irish men? Although you see a lot more Irish men with foreign women than the other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭1ehkrjq6x2opfm

Women's defensive mechanisms are strong enough as it is. If this nonsense persists then the future of the Irish nightlife looks very bleak.

All women should be defensive but there's defensive and then there's 'up your own arse'. Having said that, I hate going out as I tend to be a friendly easy going person and that gets taken the wrong way by men (who think I want to shag them), and their girlfriends (who feel the need to mark out their territory like an animal during mating season). So I end up starting the night all paranoid and talk about my boyfriend non stop, until he arrives out - and sure then I get accused of being stuck to him like glue.

My question is - since when did we return to the 1950s where women needed chaperones and were convinced that any man who looked at them just wanted to get into their pants!

I have a close group of friends who are mainly lads and they treat all their female friends like friends - regardless of gender.

Rant over. Apologies! Just got a pain in my arse that we can't all be friends! :(

True, but what does that say about the Irish men? Although you see a lot more Irish men with foreign women than the other way around.
    Were comparing the women on this thread as per the title,we all know Irish men have a massive drink problem but if you want to start on that create a different thread and I will gladly support it.
    Myself and all my good friends are in relationships or married to foreign women.
    My 2 brothers married foreign women,it's not as common for Irish women to marry foreign fellas and one could conclude they prefer Irish guys.

My question is - since when did we return to the 1950s where women needed chaperones and were convinced that any man who looked at them just wanted to get into their pants!

lol - I don't think men in the 50's were trying as hard to get into a girls pants. People had respect and were more conservative in those days.

My question is - when did casual sex become a crime? God be with the days when you could ride some young one at the back of a night club and not have to worry about the moral implications of it. Nowadays if you go looking for that sort of thing you're a big creep. It's like men are been made to feel bad for wanting to go out and hook up with women. Are women not as promiscuous since the recession or something?

lol - I don't think men in the 50's were trying as hard to get into a girls pants. People had respect and were more conservative in those days.

My question is - when did casual sex become a crime? God be with the days when you could ride some young one at the back of a night club and not have to worry about the moral implications of it. Nowadays if you go looking for that sort of thing you're a big creep. It's like men are been made to feel bad for wanting to go out and hook up with women. Are women not as promiscuous since the recession or something?

Because you should be able to go to a club without everyone thinking you're there to hook up? It goes both ways. One time this woman wouldn't leave me the fook alone for about an hour because she wouldn't believe me about not being interested.

Only when they are abroad,seen it so many times they are a different beast once that plane leaves Irish soil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Some Irish women are great and some are not, ditto for men!!!!!!

• Advertisement

My 2 brothers married foreign women,it's not as common for Irish women to marry foreign fellas and one could conclude they prefer Irish guys.

Or one could conclude that foreign men don't like Irish women.

My question is - when did casual sex become a crime? God be with the days when you could ride some young one at the back of a night club and not have to worry about the moral implications of it.

>> Back of a nightclub? Crikey, I lead a sheltered life! Casual sex isn't a crime, I agree. I think some women think that if they play hard to get, men will want them more. My experience - don't play mind games and it''ll generally work out better. Find it works perfectly with my current beau.....>> note obligatory mention of The Boy! LOL
    Because you should be able to go to a club without everyone thinking you're there to hook up? It goes both ways. One time this woman wouldn't leave me the fook alone for about an hour because she wouldn't believe me about not being interested.

>> Ha! That made me giggle! Yes, women have big egos too! It has to be said. Maybe nightclubs could introduce a wristband idea - a wristband for people who are just there for a laugh and those that are there for a laugh and whatever else?! OR!!!!! We could all just grow up and stop being such idiots!

Ah, thank God I've no social life anymore! Saving up for a house, so there aren't many occasions to be out in nightclubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Here's what you do: stop going to shíte pubs/clubs. Then stop fooking generalizing about women. Or just get used to the fact your mate has bad taste. And as for you calling someone a saddo, they're not the one making stupid generalizations about Irish women.

All women are bitch's tho, even if your hard assed aittude you my consider you're self being honest how ever most would consider it being indeed bitchy.. Doesn't matter who you are every woman's got a bitchy streak..

The same way every man wants to fvck anything with a vagina and is remotely attractive. Its a fact..

How ever your "honest" or what to some could be considered a bitchy streak, isn't really wining over any favors but I'm sure when one breaks threw your Ice queen like demeanor you could be a nice person, maybe even some what tepid :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Yes that is my reaction.

Does the poster think I'm a woman?

No, I think he just has some serious issues. I deleted my post as I read through his again and it eventually made a kind of 'sense'.

No, I think he just has some serious issues. I deleted my post as I read through his again and it eventually made a kind of 'sense'.

It makes more sense if you see "your" as a general thing. I thought they were refering to me directly. :o

>> Ha! That made me giggle! Yes, women have big egos too! It has to be said. Maybe nightclubs could introduce a wristband idea - a wristband for people who are just there for a laugh and those that are there for a laugh and whatever else?! OR!!!!! We could all just grow up and stop being such idiots!

Aoife you're a genius. That wristband idea is brilliant. The women could wear wristbands with "I have a boyfriend" on them. Then the guys could know who's single and who's not. They could be colour-coordinated. Green means I'm free and single, red means back the feck off. You should go to the Dragon's Den with that idea. You'd make a fortune. ;)

• Advertisement

Aoife you're a genius. That wristband idea is brilliant. The women could wear wristbands with "I have a boyfriend" on them. Then the guys could know who's single and who's not. They could be colour-coordinated. Green means I'm free and single, red means back the feck off. You should go to the Dragon's Den with that idea. You'd make a fortune. ;)

But I'm not gay. What wrist band do I wear if I want to say "women, no chance tonight, I'm too good for all of you" :(

But I'm not gay. What wrist band do I wear if I want to say "women, no chance tonight, I'm too good for all of you" :(

Well, you could wear gold - you'd have to apply for that. I dont know who the judges would be, but there might be a points rating. Anyone who gets over 7/10 gets Gold.

Well, you could wear gold - you'd have to apply for that. I dont know who the judges would be, but there might be a points rating. Anyone who gets over 7/10 gets Gold.

Seriously, apply for the Dragon's Den already. We need to start approaching night clubs with this idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

A pink one. I'd have thought that was obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

It makes more sense if you see "your" as a general thing. I thought they were refering to me directly. :o

People just don't use 'one' in their posts when referring to a general person anymore. I get easily confused.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Seriously, apply for the Dragon's Den already. We need to start approaching night clubs with this idea.

But theyre always having nights like this on Valentines night?

Traffic lights night - where you wear a green thing if youre single, red if not, and amber for a bit of fun. It never works, people always moan that they're 'not wearing them yokes' and they all end up on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Traffic lights night - where you wear a green thing if youre single, red if not, and amber for a bit of fun. It never works, people always moan that they're 'not wearing them yokes' and they all end up on the ground.

I was staying in a hostel and there was a game going on in the bar. Everyone had a number pinned on to them with a corresponding post box. You were given a pen and note pad and could send people messages.

It was mighty craic and a really good ice breaker, say something without having to actually say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Wear a green tshirt signifying your single or an amber one to say your up for fun in a night club.jesus you may as well wear a tshirt saying I love rohypnol ffs.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Wear a green tshirt signifying your single or an amber one to say your up for fun in a night club.jesus you may as well wear a tshirt saying I love rohypnol ffs.

Jasus you sound like great fun. That's all it is, a bit of fun. It's not an invitation for rape.

Jasus you sound like great fun. That's all it is, a bit of fun. It's not an invitation for rape.

Agreed. Jeez, some folks can't keep the conversation light at all. <walks off to pick up a Dragon's Den application form>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

The wristband idea is stupid. If you are very attractive you don't want everyone to know you are available.

This idea that it's just Irish women that can be bitchy in nightclubs is ridiculous. It's the same all over the world, its a filtering mechanism to repel men lacking in cajones.

Champions learn how to disarm the bitchiness, champions don't wallow in self pity, they practice and learn and get better at pulling hot women. They don't allow rejection to hurt them, they accept themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

leonidas83 wrote: »
    maybe your a saddo who doesnt have a clue what your talking about, I was there, he didnt do a damn thing wrong, see this type of crap from certain irish chicks all the time

So you are telling me that this bird was into your mate, fancied him and defo wanted to get with him......but decided against it.....

I think you and your mate need to get real. Id say, she thought he was a nice enough guy, had a dance with him but then went home with her mates.

Going over to insult every group of girls that doesn't want to get involved with you or your mates is going way over the top.

If this girl had gone home with your mate, you'd be on here starting a thread calling her a slag and a whooore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smacman

22.71%

The wristband idea is stupid. If you are very attractive you don't want everyone to know you are available.

This idea that it's just Irish women that can be bitchy in nightclubs is ridiculous. It's the same all over the world, its a filtering mechanism to repel men lacking in cajones.

Champions learn how to disarm the bitchiness, champions don't wallow in self pity, they practice and learn and get better at pulling hot women. They don't allow rejection to hurt them, they accept themselves.

Who said anything about been very attractive? What about the average people? Champions know how to disarm the bitchiness ehh. God you sound like one of those pick up artists. People shouldn't have to deal with bitchiness in the first place. If someone is a bitch leave them, and move onto someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Oh hai, PUA disciple! o/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement