Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao deferral

• 14-07-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering what way this works? What grounds are suitable to qualify for a deferral?

Any help thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Hey, your CAO handbook it explains it, I'll link the relevent page here. http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php
    Grounds for a deferal include not being able to afford college, not mature enough, illness etc. Most colleges are fairly reasonable expect medicine would be much more difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

i presume deferring to do the leaving cert again would not be good enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Sunny!! wrote: »
    i presume deferring to do the leaving cert again would not be good enough?

Yeah, I think if you repeat it cancels out any deferral you might have gotten. Working or maybe even travelling would be good enough. I deferred my course last year and got the deferral because I said I needed to work to save money for college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Togepi wrote: »
    Yeah, I think if you repeat it cancels out any deferral you might have gotten. Working or maybe even travelling would be good enough. I deferred my course last year and got the deferral because I said I needed to work to save money for college.

ok i understand now thanks:)

Advertisement