Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy eircom broadband

• 14-07-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

As I'm trying to prevent call out charge for the engineer coming next week, thought I might as well ask here too.

Internet on the blink for past 3 days. Went today. Have Netopia 2247NWG router. Wireless light solid green, DSL light flashing, no internet light. Have tried connecting directly to phone line, no difference. :confused:

Have also tried reset hole. This actually now gives me both solid Wireless and DSL lights. Rang eircom too and they did a line test (in Cork city btw) and no problem there.

Really don't want it to be a stupid little problem caused by me, resulting in the €150 call out fee. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

pajor wrote: »
    As I'm trying to prevent call out charge for the engineer coming next week, thought I might as well ask here too.

Internet on the blink for past 3 days. Went today. Have Netopia 2247NWG router. Wireless light solid green, DSL light flashing, no internet light. Have tried connecting directly to phone line, no difference. :confused:

Have also tried reset hole. This actually now gives me both solid Wireless and DSL lights. Rang eircom too and they did a line test (in Cork city btw) and no problem there.

Really don't want it to be a stupid little problem caused by me, resulting in the €150 call out fee. :(
    had one of those routers a couple of years back and similar thing happened mine, same as yourself rang eircom and everything was fine their side... in the end turned out the router was banjaxed - replaced it with a new buffalo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

mark17j wrote: »
    had one of those routers a couple of years back and similar thing happened mine, same as yourself rang eircom and everything was fine their side... in the end turned out the router was banjaxed - replaced it with a new buffalo.

And did they come out and replace it, or did you just do it yourself? Thought that's what the problem could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

same thing happened to me, they sent out a new router, one of the black zyxel ones

same thing happened to me, they sent out a new router, one of the black zyxel ones

Suppose I'll ask the same :rolleyes: Did they come out to you or just send it?

Suppose I'll ask the same :rolleyes: Did they come out to you or just send it?

Posted it out

• Advertisement

Posted it out

Thanks. Was just wondering should I cancel the call out then, and just ask for a new router..?

Thanks. Was just wondering should I cancel the call out then, and just ask for a new router..?

The guy who calls out will see the problem, so don't think you will be charged. since its their equipment that failed.

Advertisement