Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liss Ard Festival 2012, Skibbereen, Co Cork Sat 4th - Sun 5th August

Options
  • 14-07-2012 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭

Just come across this, an intimate boutique festival at the Liss Ard Estate. Line up so far is:
    (Sat) Chic, Lisa Hannigan, Bob Mould Band Play Copper Blue, Chromatics, DJ Kormac, Interference, Tieranniesaur, Rhob Cunningham, Black, Heathers, Chris Stout and Catriona McKay, Low Mountain, Sacha Puttman.
    (Sun): Mick Flannery, Toots & the Maytals, Paul Buchanan, Roy Harper, Joan as a Police Women, David Rodigan, John Daly, Julie Feeney, The West Cork Ukulele Orchestra, The Macrae Sisters, Moscow Metro, The Ceili All stars, Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh. With many more to be announced. as well as music there will be a Literary Stage and various other events.
    Liss Ard Festival 2012.

Weekend Camping ticket: 89.50
    Weekend Non-Camping: 70.50
    Day Tickets: 39.50

Its a toss between this and Knockanstockan the weekend before this, but Im hoping of volunteering for one of these festivals.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think this was formally known as the CorkXSW festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DaveyCakes

I'd like to see Bob Mould, saw Sugar at Dalymount many moons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tigerballs

Looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I'd love to go to this, mostly for Bob Mould (Lisa Hannigan is an added incentive). Still deliberating over it though..

Pros:
    - Bob Mould playing Copper Blue!!!!

Cons:
    - Can't persuade anyone to head down with me so I'd be on my own
    - It's the other end of the country for me
    - A day ticket is affordable but I'd need to sort out accommodation for the night..

Any cheap B&Bs nearby?

I heard rumours that Sly & Robbie / Ernest Ranglin are being added to this, which would be amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'm going so that would be brill but I read somewhere that the lineup is now finalised.
    I heard rumours that Sly & Robbie / Ernest Ranglin are being added to this, which would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Nicolas Jaar has just been added.

Wow - much bigger lineup than last year. They only had two stages then so I'm guessing that will increase this year. Hope they continue with the walled garden stage - that was special.
    Nicolas Jaar has just been added.

So is there going to be more announcements for this, the poster says more to be announced yet its only about a week away.

So is there any more word on this Sly & Robbie rumour, would be the icing in my cake if they were added.

• Advertisement

What is the actual capacity of this venue or what was the Cork South West festival capacity before, is it a few thousand or up to 5,000 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Haven't a clue what the capacity of this is but I bought a ticket as soon as I saw Bob was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

Just bought my ticket. Whats the average age of the people camping here?

I'm not going near the camping as I've quit drinking. I know someone in their 30s who's going.

Saturday ticket bought. :cool:

Is anyone driving back to the south east after this? I'm trying to beg a lift off of someone going.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Fenno

Does anyone know if the car park is miles away from the festival area? I am considering sleeping in me jeep rather than bringing a tent.

Its walking distance if its same as last year and there were people sleeping there.
    Fenno wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the car park is miles away from the festival area? I am considering sleeping in me jeep rather than bringing a tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Fenno

Thanks! Just bought my ticket.

I'm 40, by the way -- since someone was wondering about the age people going to this fest. :)

So far, it appears that I will be one of the younger punters at this. I'm going to see Copper Blue being done, even though I was only 6 when it was released. Can't wait to see Bob again.

• Advertisement

Last year it was predominantly 30/40 somethings with a sprinkling of younger and older punters.
    So far, it appears that I will be one of the younger punters at this. I'm going to see Copper Blue being done, even though I was only 6 when it was released. Can't wait to see Bob again.

Good stuff. I like feeling young at a show. I'm not really able for the carry on of my peers recently.

I was only one when it was released.

Timetable has finally been issued. Bob's on for 70 minutes, wish it was longer but oh well. I suppose he'll be able to fit in six or seven solo or Husker songs.

https://twitter.com/LissArdFestival/status/229908091620175872/photo/1/large

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

I was only one when it was released.

Timetable has finally been issued. Bob's on for 70 minutes, wish it was longer but oh well. I suppose he'll be able to fit in six or seven solo or Husker songs.

https://twitter.com/LissArdFestival/status/229908091620175872/photo/1/large

it will be copper blue, a few Huskers and four or five off his new album

Well, it's more than I thought he'd be playing, so that's good. His recent setlists have been amazing.

Im volunteering down at this, Im just wondering if any volunteers are heading to this from Bandon on Friday morning.

Are you stuck for a lift like myself then man, how do you get in on this volunteering craic then?

Are you stuck for a lift like myself then man, how do you get in on this volunteering craic then?

They are still looking for volunteers. 2 x 8 hour shifts or 3 x 6 hour shifts = Weekend Wristband.
    http://www.lissardfestival.com/volunteer.html

Just go on (name) festival website, most of them have a volunteer tab, its probably too late to apply now for the Picnic as most folk will have done that in March, April, but I did hear of people turning up at the gate during the festival asking for volunteer work and getting hired on the spot last year, probably early on Friday though. Volunteering is not really hard work, a lot of it involves standing and helping and giving people directions, guarding certain entrances and wristband checking. Some folk were lucky when they volunteered at Body & Soul, I seen one girl whos job it was to just stand in the Upstage tent and help people with info, so you can get to enjoy a gig when working, although you cant watch it, you might have to stand with your back to the stage. Me, Ive worked in production entrances and as a car park steward. Its a fun way to work for the wristband and camping.

I wonder what time does the gates open for the festival is it 12, 1pm? Or earlier. ACTUALLY is there a map for the festival, that would be handy.

• Advertisement

Advertisement