Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liss Ard Festival 2012, Skibbereen, Co Cork Sat 4th - Sun 5th August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I would say last thing at night considering that Chic are on before him.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Yeah it's an awful poster. Really should have put in the "am"s and "pm"s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well you can figure it out easily enough, by just looking at the order they're listed in on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Heading to this on the Sunday, should be a nice day out weather permitting.

Well, draiochtanois, I can assure you that the times are as was explained to you earlier on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sile seilide

I`m afraid. The weather forecast has lightening bolts!

I`m afraid. The weather forecast has lightening bolts!

Its only Wednesday yet, ever heard the term sunny spells and scattered showers. Hopefully the skys will clear otherwise I will have to bring my skybrush.

A friend of mine is talking about coming to this with me, and she's moving home from Barcelona today. She said maybe we'd sleep outside. I think she forgot what Ireland is like...

• Advertisement

So is there many volunteers on Boards heading to this, I chose Team B as I would love to see Toots and the Maytals. And by god, Toots Hibbert better not have laryngitis this time.

As I said earlier, I never even considered the volunteering option. I just noticed on Bob's website that he was playing at this and bought my ticket for the Saturday straight away. Cheap.

Still don't have my ticket. If it doesn't come in the post tomorrow I'll have to ring Ticketmaster up, hopefully they'll understand and allow me to pick it up at the festival or something.

I've waited as late as the day before shows before my ticket has arrived in the past, it happens. Where are you coming from to the concert, are you going for the whole weekend man?

Hmm not much good for me as I'll be leaving on Friday morning (coming from Donegal so I can't really wait around long). I'm just down for the Saturday and leaving the next day. There's a cheap enough hostel nearby so I'm availing of that.

All in the name of Bob. :D

summity sum soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭sporina

i had all planned to go to this but I have changed my mind… I don't know - the acts I like I have already seen before..

My gut is just not up for it - like i am not excited about it at all..

I think i will just wait for EP..

I might regret not going.. that i am afraid of..

give me something to think about? reasons to go/not go?

Copper Blue. Played front to back. Bob Mould's first appearance in Ireland since 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

Still don't have my ticket. If it doesn't come in the post tomorrow I'll have to ring Ticketmaster up, hopefully they'll understand and allow me to pick it up at the festival or something.

Same boat. Ordered my ticket last sat/sun so hopefully gets here soon.

If it doesn't maybe a proof of purchase email might suffice?

Got mine in the post today. \o/ Must check out a few more of the acts before I go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

Wohoo. Mine just came in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 patchmc

I have 2 tickets to give away to who ever wants them. Apologies if I have broken board rules but I do not want to waste them. PM me if interested
    **Tickets are now gone. Enjoy the festival eveyone!**

Liss Ard Festival ‏@LissArdFestival
    Campsite opens 9am on Saturday and not 5:30 Fri like it states on some tickets. Only access is on Sat. Campsite open at 9am music from 2pm!

Doesn't affect me but I can foresee some complaints about this.

Is anyone driving out of Skibbereen tomorrow after this? I have no place to stay down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

hi ho hi ho, its off to cork we go

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Heading down to this tomorrow...mainly to see Mick Flannery

Seen on FB today that there is no parking on site and now have a park n ride at the Carberry showgrounds

http://www.facebook.com/LissArdFestival?ref=stream

Mould the Magnificent. Well worth the 9 hr round trip ( i think).

What ned said. Only a 21 hour round trip for me!

The Sugar stuff was great but the Husker songs made it for me. Top performance. My ears are still ringing.

• Advertisement

I had an amazing time, this was my first camping festival in the Rebel county and it had a incredibly relaxed vibe about it and very family friendly. Highlights without a doubt was Toots and the Maytals, Nicolas Jaar, Intinns Cian Finn (warming up the crowd for Toots with a great reggae selection) and the DJ that followed Toots with a techno - reggae buzz, they should have closed the main stage as the guy that followed ruined the buzz by playing very average generic techno, although it wasnt appalling but it should have continued with the reggae vibe. Missed most of Saturday as I had to work as a volunteer for the back shift from 8 pm to 2 am, so missed Chic, Chromatics (although they sounded good from the distance where I was working). Will consider coming again next year, I found travelling to and from the event expensive through Bus Eireann.

Advertisement