Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALdi Lacura 3 blade Shaving System better than my Gillette pro fusion

• 14-07-2012 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I bought the aldi lacura 3 blade shaving system today for €2.49 in aldi,it comes with 5 blades and is every bit as good as my gillette pro fusion razor at a fraction of the price, give and try and tell me what you think??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I used a variety of Gillette systems over the years but I got sick of the prices and constantly changing systems, so about 18 months ago I went on a bit of a razor expedition.

I found the Aldi ones to be excellent at first, but the blades didn't stay keen for long so I would go through them quite quickly. They do still work out cheaper then the Gillette though, and as you say they are just as good, but they don't last.

I thought the Lidl ones were rubbish, as were most of the other non-premium brands. The best value by far though are the King of Shaves Endurium range. The blades give a smooth shave and are very easy to clean so they last absolutely ages. I highly recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

ectoraige wrote: »
    I used a variety of Gillette systems over the years but I got sick of the prices and constantly changing systems, so about 18 months ago I went on a bit of a razor expedition.

I found the Aldi ones to be excellent at first, but the blades didn't stay keen for long so I would go through them quite quickly. They do still work out cheaper then the Gillette though, and as you say they are just as good, but they don't last.

I thought the Lidl ones were rubbish, as were most of the other non-premium brands. The best value by far though are the King of Shaves Endurium range. The blades give a smooth shave and are very easy to clean so they last absolutely ages. I highly recommend them.

Where can you buy the king of Shaves Endurium range?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

The Lidl three blade razors are rubbish, cut the face off of me and are really hard to clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

They are rubbish. Cut me repeatedly. Threw them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

I used to spend fortune on shaving blades and then I got this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-PowerTouch-PT920-Rechargeable-Electric/dp/B004ZWTU8W

Almost a year now without replacing heads and still gives a smooth and quick shave everyday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Shaving is for women.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Or you could try a Double Edge Razor.

merkur-progress-adjustable-safety-razor.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Tried the Lidl 3 blade system a week ago. Absolute crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Tragedy wrote: »
    The Lidl three blade razors are rubbish, cut the face off of me and are really hard to clean.

I find that the Lidl twin blade razors are far better than the triples.

When I was in Ireland at Easter I bought some triple packs of Mach3 disposable razors (with the handles) for €4.something a pack in Tesco, great shave and last much longer than other razors I have tried, not sure if they are normally available at that price but worth a look.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,441 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Tried the Wilkinson Sword five blade,just as good as the Fusion.Forget what they cost but I think they are much cheaper than Gillett.Seem to last quite well also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Where can you buy the king of Shaves Endurium range?

Tesco sell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

Being fed up with the prices of "modern" razors I reverted about a few years ago to what used to be called the safety razor.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6PtPxOqUtjQ/SazQJBgrFxI/AAAAAAAABGM/FfEX-r7YOZw/s1600-h/IMG_6543.JPG

This is the razor with the two edged blade that I started with decades ago. Until recently they were difficult to source but are are now fairly widely available.

Some pharmacies will still tell you, somewhat scornfully, that they are no longer produced – but many pharmacies now stock them, including Boots, though I try and support Irish outlets when I can. A pack of five blades will cost about €2.50 and I change the blade once a week.

They took a little bit of getting used to again and there were a few nicks. But I now get a perfect shave for about 50 cents a week. Gillette now call the blades their "Classic". You will need to buy the razor as well as the blades the first time. The starter pack will be about seven of eight euros and less that €2.50 a month after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭arch20000

I've been using the King of Shaves for a year and have yet to cut my face.
    Each blade lasts ages and the long handle makes it much easier.

Tried the cut throat system, blades really cheap but you have to learn to shave a different way.
    Had loads of cuts while I was learning and never got it right!! Ouch

Top tip: Use a badger hair brush and prorazo shaving foam before shaving, Nice

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Still on Gillette Sensor Excel, no intention of moving on, heavy growth beard and blades last about two weeks ~ 10 shaves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Was another getting sick of spending a fortune on the latest multi blade crap. Tried an electric shaver and found it useless.
    Got myself a DE razor and haven't looked back. Bulk bought some blades. I'll get almost 2 years of shaving with these for just €10.95.

Definitely worth a try.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Tried Tesco triple blade razors and Boots triple blaze razors in recent weeks. Both crap. Went back to using the higher quality Gillette Fusion. Might give Aldi a try. Won't touch Lidl after the reviews above.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Shaving.ie is a good site also , although a bit high end .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

slave1 wrote: »
    Still on Gillette Sensor Excel, no intention of moving on, heavy growth beard and blades last about two weeks ~ 10 shaves
    Me too! Work incredibly well. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Bulk buy blades in the States every few years.

• Advertisement

Reluctant to try DE blades, afraid I'll end up in A+E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

I use one of these

http://4men.ie/p/196/razorpit-blade-sharpener

get about 8 weeks out of a blade Wilkinson Quattro Titanium...

Saved a packet over the last 3 years!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Slightly off thread, can anyone recommend a shop in Dublin where I could buy a shaving brush?

damian139 wrote: »
    Slightly off thread, can anyone recommend a shop in Dublin where I could buy a shaving brush?

Don't know any shops.Try Shaving.ie,should have it in a couple of days.Plus they are quality gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I use the Aldi disposable razors,cheap as chips & give a very good shave.Could never see the point in buying overpriced razors.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭JackNow

I dont bother with Mach3 any more as Gillette Sensor last twice as long as them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

zerks wrote: »
    I use the Aldi disposable razors,cheap as chips & give a very good shave.Could never see the point in buying overpriced razors.

Yeah +1 for Aldis Swivel Head Disposables, they're great. A 12 pack is about 79c, and at one razor a month, lasts me a year. I notice Tesco are selling similar ones now.
    Each razor costs me less than 7c, but hay feel free to spend 5000% more if you want to, someones gotta keep P&Gs profits flowing ..... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭poitinstill

agree Aldi disposable are good. Tesco new ones are the same id say...
    must get some of the ones in OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

robk24 wrote: »
    I use one of these

http://4men.ie/p/196/razorpit-blade-sharpener

get about 8 weeks out of a blade Wilkinson Quattro Titanium...

Saved a packet over the last 3 years!!

Interesting stuff, I use a more rudimentary system:

It does help a bit. I have a heavy beard with sharp stubble and growing in different directions all over the shop. I have been using and upgrading to the latest Gilette system whenever it arrived, and believe me, every new generation of system was better than the previous one

Ideally I would use a new blade every shave. Before using this method I could get 8 or 9 shaves out of a blade (at a push, the last few times were not very comfortable at all) and now I get about 12 or 13 shaves out of a blade (still at a push)

Anybody else try the jeans method?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

What beats me is how come I can get 2 weeks out of my Tesco Titanium disposable, and my dainty other half shaves her legs once and a brand-new blade is destroyed?

Advertisement