Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many nights per week do you drink?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I think i am a borderline alcoholic (and no, not another bs after hours joke post) :( think i actually have a problem.

I'm unemployed and ... well actually too embarrassed to admit to how many nights of the week I drink. Really need to give it up. The messed up thing is I say this as i am about to open my first can of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I think i am a borderline alcoholic (and no, not another bs after hours joke post) :( think i actually have a problem.

I'm unemployed and ... well actually too embarrassed to admit to how many nights of the week I drink. Really need to give it up. The messed up thing is I say this as i am about to open my first can of the night.

If you're serious, just do something to distract yourself till 10pm.

It's hard at times, I used to be in the same boat. But once you do make it till 10PM you won't be able to get more drink (unless you go to the pub but we're on the dole so f**k paying pub prices :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I pity the fool.
    Seriously though if you think you might have a problem then seek help. No shame in it, it could be any of us. Just don't wait until you have lost everything & everyone you are close to before you do something about it.
    It's demoralising being employed & drinking can give you a lift & be something to look forward to, until the depression & guilt hits & then you have to start over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

It's gone from zero to seven quite quickly.. Yes I'm recently single.. ladies.. :pac:

Depends on the week. I drank 11 nights in a row a couple of weeks ago (drunk most of them), then other weeks I might only go out once or maybe not at all if saving money for a big event like race week in Galway at the end of the month (which will involve multiple nights of heavy drinking :D)

On average throughout the year I probably drink three nights per week and get drunk two of the three probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Actually just to add: I used to drink roughly every second night nad would have 8-10 500ml cans of beer.

Then I met up with some friends I hadn't talked to in a good few months (because I found the joys of drinking at home). Going out once a week (or twice) is something to look forward to than just sitting at home getting locked several times a week.

So yeah find friends, go to a pub, beat someone up make friends with strangers, have fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

I drink cranberry juice for breakfast. I drink apple juice with my dinner. I drink tea at night. I don't get drunk strangely enough on these drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tonymantana

I Only Drink on Days That End in a Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I have been in a pub twice this year so far. Paddy's weekend and just before Easter on a staff night out. I drink probably once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I would drink about 3 times a week, depending on money. I dont really get drunk as over those nights I might drink 2 bottles of wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I drink every night so that I don't become dehydrated. Nothing better than a nice
    Glass of water. People who say they never drink , how do you not die of dehydration?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

None, regardless of occasion. My bank balance and body is most grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I go on the occasional binge don't go out specifically to drink - well sort of do, but usually around festivities, or off the back of show which would break it all down as less than once a week - I'm more of a toker now. A tea-head

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Too much - Out 5 nights a week, drunk 3 of them, sometimes 4. Work 6 days a week, the candle is getting burnt severely at both ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

You could just ask for unit consumption per week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Once or twice a month.

Much the same as myself. I'm not mad on it, don't usually drink unless I'm out..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Depends.

This week I haven't been out at all, last week it was twice, next week I plan to go out once. Depends on what's going on and whether or not my mates are in work or off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Don't even drink once a week, I'd probably share a bottle of wine about once a week or less (judging by the amount of bottles I take to the bottle bank), don't go out that often either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Too much - Out 5 nights a week, drunk 3 of them, sometimes 4. Work 6 days a week, the candle is getting burnt severely at both ends.

Oh god, I wouldn't be able to handle that at all. As it is, I can just about handle one hangover a week. Two hangovers, and my immune system starts to shut down!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

If you're serious, just do something to distract yourself till 10pm.

It's hard at times, I used to be in the same boat. But once you do make it till 10PM you won't be able to get more drink (unless you go to the pub but we're on the dole so f**k paying pub prices :D)
    I pity the fool.
    Seriously though if you think you might have a problem then seek help. No shame in it, it could be any of us. Just don't wait until you have lost everything & everyone you are close to before you do something about it.
    It's demoralising being employed & drinking can give you a lift & be something to look forward to, until the depression & guilt hits & then you have to start over again.

Thanks guys :)
    ahh, just think I am in a rut. When you are on the dole you just don't know what to be doing with yourself :( Its no excuse. I know everyone on the dole doesnt. Its just my reason I guess.

While working you'd maybe have a few pints on a friday or saturday. On the dole some idle tuesday doesnt make a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Three at most. I'm incapable of drinking sociably, When I do drink its to achieve complete inebriation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

id say i have about 1 pint a month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I don't drink every week, but when I do go out I tend to take it too far and end up sick for 3 days after the night out.

Probably be healthier to drink moderately once a week compared to what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I drink 3 or 4 times a week, probably get drunk once or twice a week. It would probably be more if I wasn't working full-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Right, this is probably the only thread i fit in on, I drink 5 times a week and i think im lucky

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Three at most. I'm incapable of drinking sociably, When I do drink its to achieve complete inebriation.

I'm tryna change that, I used to be in the 'only drink if your gonna get locked' mentality but now if I'm going out I'll just have a few bottles to just loosen up. My days with a shoulder of vodka are over. I'll never be a head to the pub for a few quiet ones type of guy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

whirlpool wrote: »
    IF THE ANSWER IS "NEVER," THEN REPLY SAYING SO. I forgot to include that option in the poll.

How many nights per week do you drink and/or get drunk? Select multiple options if you want.

I selected the anonymous option when creating the poll.

I usually go out twice a week-but never drink alcohol so I don't be getting drunk don't either smoke-IM completely straightedge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I'm tryna change that, I used to be in the 'only drink if your gonna get locked' mentality but now if I'm going out I'll just have a few bottles to just loosen up. My days with a shoulder of vodka are over. I'll never be a head to the pub for a few quiet ones type of guy though.

Me neither. I don't have any desire to go for "a few quiet drinks" and I never have. It has always seemed like a waste of money - and calories - to me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

KTRIC wrote: »
    Much the same as myself. I'm not mad on it, don't usually drink unless I'm out..

Me too. Plus, alcohol is something I'm very sensitive too, even one drink would have me completely useless in work the next day. It also makes me very depressed (again, even one has this next-day effect on me). Not an unusual side effect, I know, but one many people seem willing to put up with on a regular basis. :confused: Not for me thanks. As well as that, alcohol makes everyone a crashing bore, and I know I'm no different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I do have a glass of red wine every night before I go to bed.Find it helps me sleep better.

Advertisement