Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many nights per week do you drink?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 buzzardflute

Nice thread,pulls the truth out about the problem all us irish folk have now with cheap beer.

I drink at home or in the pub three night a week,when i do i intend to get locked so its always ten pints of guinness in the pub or ten bottles of tyskie at home,on a tyskie at home buzz this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I'd have a bottle of red once a week.

I had about 2, maybe less, on Friday. I was out then though.

Having my usual one at home tonight.

Love being tipsy on my own. I do craic myself up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I'd have a bottle of red once a week.

I had about 2, maybe less, on Friday. I was out then though.

Having my usual one at home tonight.

Love being tipsy on my own. I do craic myself up ;)

When you say you were out and had the wine, do you just randomly buy the bottle from a bar and drink it from the bottle or throw it in a glass or what?

When you say you were out and had the wine, do you just randomly buy the bottle from a bar and drink it from the bottle or throw it in a glass or what?

It was only after I realised I should have bought a bottle, but I just got glasses of red all night. Idiot :mad:

syndeyfife wrote: »
    It was only after I realised I should have bought a bottle, but I just got glasses of red all night. Idiot :mad:
    Yeah I agree on that one :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Slightly left field on this topic but was wondering if anyone has had serious problems from drinking?

Not your average" slept with someone I shouldn't" or "fell and cut my knee" type thing.

Real problems from the demon drink...........

mishkalucy wrote: »
    Slightly left field on this topic but was wondering if anyone has had serious problems from drinking?

Not your average" slept with someone I shouldn't" or "fell and cut my knee" type thing.

I never did anything *bad* but for a good few months I met this girl online form another country and eventually it went from "ah I won't go out this week" all the way to "may aswell just drink at home" and I'd end up drinking 3-4 times a week. We're talking about 8 cans of cider.
    So nothing light by any means.

Eventually I kinda tore myself out of it because I thought it might be the cause of a medical problem (it wasn't) but I pretty much just stopped drinking so much.

It was mostly a mixture of being o nthe dole and being indoors and bordem I think. Lasted probably 14 months.

Is that what you meant?

I never did anything *bad* but for a good few months I met this girl online form another country and eventually it went from "ah I won't go out this week" all the way to "may aswell just drink at home" and I'd end up drinking 3-4 times a week. We're talking about 8 cans of cider.
    So nothing light by any means.

Eventually I kinda tore myself out of it because I thought it might be the cause of a medical problem (it wasn't) but I pretty much just stopped drinking so much.

It was mostly a mixture of being o nthe dole and being indoors and bordem I think. Lasted probably 14 months.

Is that what you meant?

Kind of I guess.

What had me thinking was a story I heard about someone(female) who drank a whole bottle of spirits on night out(she's not a kid either).
    I like a drink but was shocked that she didn't have a seizure etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Only Twice.

daytime and night-time.

Kind of I guess.

What had me thinking was a story I heard about someone(female) who drank a whole bottle of spirits on night out(she's not a kid either).

Oh I have lots of those stories (not about me luckily). But there is one or two girls who are part of my "group" that are known to down near enough a bottle of vodka as a "pre-drink" then hitting the clubs at about 11 or 11:30. They could just be used to it and not realizing how much damage they're doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Kind of I guess.

Lol what??

Thats a standard weekend for thousands of people around Ireland,male and female.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

zero

Lol what??

Thats a standard weekend for thousands of people around Ireland,male and female.

Just for clarification, I mean a litre bottle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Recently gave up drinking as I was sick of the bloat and the hangovers but before this, I'd drink maybe 4 or 5 beers 3 or 4 times a week.
    Had to pack it in when I found out how many carbs and empty calories are in my favorite dark German beers.

I have an awful habit of letting years of emotions go after Ive had a few drinks. Been through a hell of a lot in my life, think the worst and Ive been through it....

Learned my lesson now though, Ill be a stone hearted b*tch and I'll be grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

one or two

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Probably 3 nights a week, about 3 or 4 cans/pints on those nights. Rarely get drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I don't drink, so none.

When I did drink the most was probably 2-3 nights per week and I probably got drunk on all those nights. That was only for about 6 months though. Overall it was probably drinking and getting drunk once a fortnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Depends whats going on.
    I could go a few weeks without anything or I could have a drink two or three nights a week.
    Trying to cut it back as much as I can though. Whether I drink a glass of wine or a bottle I seem to spend the next day with the runs.

I looked at your user name and then thought mmmm....:)

Then I read that part of your post and thought ugh....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

3 nights typically not that much. One night a month serious binge drinking session

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I'd drink just once a week, and would most likely get drunk when I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

I don't drink every week, but when I do I usually have no memory of it the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

none, maybe once a month if even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dr.Zeus

I live within spitting distance of 5 pubs........and would visit maybe one of them at the weekend. I'd have a few beers or glasses of wine at home maybe 3 or 4 days a week. OK, for weekends away...........different story Rory.......
    The funny thing is I'm 43 and I have a few friends well into 50's and 60's.......they can put it back something serious when out........I'm seeing something of a trend where people are drinking more as they get older!
    I read somewhere that the more a man drinks the more likely he is to keep his hair!
    Ted Danson must be on a bottle for brekkie!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

whirlpool wrote:
    IF THE ANSWER IS "NEVER," THEN REPLY SAYING SO. I forgot to include that option in the poll.
    Ahhhhhhhh i see!!!

I do not drink,cant stand the taste,its horrid :D

My "beer" is either Coke or Pepsi/Iced Tea,etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,346 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I drink a bottle or 2 after a sh!te day in work,

I havent been drunk in a very long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I drink maybe ten-fifteen times a year. Nothing against it, just don't like myself when drunk and know I don't know when to call it quits.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Usually drink most weekends but that would be having a few cans at home rather than going out on the lash, don't do that as much these days.

Prefer it too, having a pack of beer and just relaxing in the house for the weekend with the tv and the gf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Advertisement