Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Cut Pro X - crashing

Options
  • 14-07-2012 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

I just got my brand new iMac with pre-installed latest OS with all latest updates and I am trying to edit some video's of mine.

Since they're in m2ts files FCPX would not import them, so I have used one of the video converters to convert them into mp4. Once that is done I'm trying to import the file in FCPX trial and program just shuts down.

I have no clue what's the cause of that...

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Id suggest converting them to ProRes 422 .Mov's. At a guess you have made h264 .mp4's which FCPX will have to convert to edit. What converter di you use to make the mp4's? Mpeg Stream clip is a handy way to convert to ProRes, its free and will do batch jobs.

That might help, the latest version of FCPX is 10.0.5 so make sure thats what you have (its updated via the Mac App Store).

Advertisement