Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeltacht :P

• 14-07-2012 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey sorry if this is the wrong forum but i'm just wondering if anyone's heading to colaiste cholumba for the 2 week course next week ?? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Nope, always went to Spleodar. Loved it. I've never heard of that one but hope you've a ball!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

No, I would rather not waste my time and money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

N64 wrote: »
    No, I would rather not waste my time and money.

Booo! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Whats the problem here? I would rather not waste two weeks of my summer break learning a dead and useless language. Apart from working as a primary school teacher, what use is Irish to anybody? Many new secondary school teachers I have talked to in my school feel the same way.

While you are stuck in some shed in the countryside learning Irish, I will be relaxing by the pool in Malta. Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Good for you, but the OP asked who was going to Colaiste Cholumba next week, not who was going to Malta or for a rant about Irish.

So let's keep this on-topic please! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

What a terrible attitude, regardless of what you feel you should be able to answer the question asked. Shows what you know if you feel they stay in sheds aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I pity anyone who didn't go to the Gaeltacht! It's one of the most enjoyable 3 weeks I have ever spent! It is not a dead language as well! I dare you to say that to anyone from a Gaeltacht region and any Irish teacher!

But I suppose, being in Malta has its benefits... I hear maltese is going to be the new language of Ireland...

Je blague of course ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Eoin247

I'm going to three weeks of gaeltacht starting sunday unfortunately. Been going to them since first year, always dread going. Feels like a waste of summer and never enjoy them. If it wasn't for these awful irish language "patriots", we wouldn't all be forced to learn this folly of a language which is the dead irish language.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

I agree with N64. My friend went to the Gaeltacht and she came back with foot and mouth disease. Poor Molly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Ryan451 wrote: »
    I agree with N64. My friend went to the Gaeltacht and she came back with foot and mouth disease. Poor Molly.

Yes yes, lets keep our children from the Irish language. It's riddled with disease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You sure it wasn't foot-in-mouth disease, there's a lot of it about?

Anyway, I suspect the OP is already in the Gaeltacht by now, so I doubt this thread serves any further useful purpose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement