Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody know if these are good quality?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I've wondered about these before. Only because I've seen them pop up on other 'deal' sites and each time they seemed a bit of a bargain and I was tempted... the very fact though that they have appeared again on another deal kinda puts me off! Sorry, this doesn't answer your question but thought I'd mention its not the first time they've been on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Via Head-Fi
    • Bose Triport AE1
      For such an oft-maligned model, however, the AE1 has surprisingly good clarity and better overall balance than the Beats by Dre, the dreadfully bassy Klipsch Image One, and a multitude of other consumer-oriented cans.
    • Audio-Technica ATH-ES10
      It can nearly match the bass quantity of the Klipsch Image One but sounds much cleaner, more detailed, and more controlled.[...]The gap between the ES10 and Klipsch Image One is much wider, with the mids of the Klipsch sounding hollow and veiled at the same time.
    • Denon AH-D1100
      The bass of the D1100 is not slow but it is heavy enough to be ever-present, sometimes intrusive. It can fatigue, even annoy those who prefer more balanced sound. That said, out of the similarly-priced portables I have on hand only the Klipsch Image One can match the D1100 in bass quantity, but it does so at the expense of speed and clarity. For the discerning basshead, then, the Denons may just be at the top of their game.
      The top end of the Denons is balanced well with the midrange and sufficiently present despite some roll-off at the very top.[...] Tonally, that causes the D1100 to fall slightly on the dark side of neutral – not quite as much as the Klipsch Image One but clearly darker than the HD25 and AKG’s Q460.
    • V-Moda Crossfade M-80/V-80
      There are many ways to tune for consumer-friendly sound. One is to offer tons of bass and bother with little else; example: Klipsch Image One.
      There is an open feel to the midrange, too, and while the M-80 doesn’t perform quite as well with busy tracks as the HD25-1 does, it doesn’t get as congested as the old Crossfade LP or competitors such as the Klipsch Image One and Phiaton MS300.[...]
      Comparing the M-80 to the Klipsch Image One and Phiaton MS300 really makes the competition sound flat and congested.

So... not good :D

Advertisement