Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next sale

Options
  • 14-07-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I was excited that their sale was on today, went in at 5am after driving to a city near me, bought goods from different departments. This evening as I was watching TV I decided to check out what I bought then found out I

1. Paid for what i can hang on the wall, and it was not put in the bag, what happened I don't know was there when it was scanned.

2. Was over charged for 2 goods(same thing), they had different codes, one scanned twice, second once. they were €16 each labelled down to €5. but was charged €7.50 for all three (including a third that i did not buy, means i paid for AIR).

I am so disappointed. I don't know how many other things I have been overcharged or may be not put in the bag. I have decided to check them out tomorrow early when I am fresh.

For a big shop like this to do this on a day when they have many extra staff, I am not happy. Now I have to go back for my money with receipt as there is no way I will let them gain profit for cheating.

I just hope a day I go in they will believe what I tell them and sort out their mistakes, well CCTV doesn't lie.

Next sale mmh, I will think twice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

GOODME wrote: »
    I was excited that their sale was on today, went in at 5am after driving to a city near me, bought goods from different departments. This evening as I was watching TV I decided to check out what I bought then found out I

1. Paid for what i can hang on the wall, and it was not put in the bag, what happened I don't know was there when it was scanned.

2. Was over charged for 2 goods(same thing), they had different codes, one scanned twice, second once. they were €16 each labelled down to €5. but was charged €7.50 for all three (including a third that i did not buy, means i paid for AIR).

I am so disappointed. I don't know how many other things I have been overcharged or may be not put in the bag. I have decided to check them out tomorrow early when I am fresh.

For a big shop like this to do this on a day when they have many extra staff, I am not happy. Now I have to go back for my money with receipt as there is no way I will let them gain profit for cheating.

I just hope a day I go in they will believe what I tell them and sort out their mistakes, well CCTV doesn't lie.

Next sale mmh, I will think twice.

Sorry but I don't know what the bold bit means.:confused:

I'd say they had an incompetent or incompetents on the till rather than deliberate cheating going on. Perhaps the extra staff didn't get enough training, and screwed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Easily sorted, every item has a code on it, the receipt has the same code. they can just tick off what you got and what you didnt.

The opperators number will be on the receipt so they can retrain that person.

Usually they do a voucher to cover your travel expenses. BUT, I dont think they do refunds on the Sunday of the sale, you may have to wait till Monday, ring the store tomorrow and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OP - Next are generally excellent at refunds and sorting out mistakes. And that's exactly what this sounds like, a mistake. I'm sure they'll sort you out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

horrible when something like that happens,although i did get some good bargains in next,they have lovely eyeshadow sets which are easy to use for first timers,lovely shades i got two!:D

Advertisement