Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate biscuit cake

Options
  • 14-07-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi does anyone have a nice recipe for a choc biscuit cake using double cream instead of condensed milk in it also this cake is goin to b iced using roll out icing I'm wondering do u need to put buttercream on underneath the icing if so would it b choc buttercream or a vanilla what ye think??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I really like the odlums receipe but it uses golden syrup not cream. you cover it with either chocolate buttercream or ganache before the sugarpaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 prettie

Thanks tillygirl yea was thinking choc buttercream but I was afraid it mite stain through d sugar paste?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

Nothing comes through sugarpaste unless you roll it awful thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

prettie wrote: »
    Thanks tillygirl yea was thinking choc buttercream but I was afraid it mite stain through d sugar paste?

no not a hope of that happening. Good luck, post a pic when you're done.

Great Tanx for yer help girls now just to find a recipe using double cream:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Is there a particular reason you want to use double cream in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/hungryformore/2011/04/recipe-prince-williams-chocolate-biscuit-cake-two-ways.html

There's a recipe on this page for a biscuit cake using heavy cream which i assume is double cream.

I just wated the texture to b like a ganach in side,thanks midnite Sundance will check those recipes out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

If you google Danish chocolate biscuit cake recipes, theirs are made with a ganache. I have made it but thought it was way too soft and had to be kept in the fridge, I also thought the ganache made the biscuits soggy.

Advertisement