Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keith Barry faints!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

WHO???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I really don't understand how anyone would pay money to see this guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Apparently he is a mentalist.

Don't know why he'd be proud/get paid for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Sadly, they revived him. ah well..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

This is the worst news I've heard in five years. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I wish Keith would reveal the tricks of the trade to me personally. I fancy having his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

WHO???

Kevin Barry, he was one of the 1916 leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

This is cutting edge stuff and really makes me want to get a ticket to his show
    That's exactly what he wants you to think. In reality it is all money making based on common mind tricks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

Kevin Barry, he was one of the 1916 leaders.

No he wasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

how come there are so many things in ireland that are very popular but nobody will admit to liking. whats going on.....how does that work? magic trick maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/barry-blacks-out-as-rope-stunt-goes-horribly-wrong-2844169.html (2011 article)

ILLUSIONIST Keith Barry lost consciousness when a stunt before hundreds of fans went horribly wrong.
    An audience at Dublin's Olympia Theatre looked on as Barry found himself unable to breathe, tied to a chair and with no control over his hands or legs.
    He admitted last night that he may have pushed things too far.
    "I wouldn't say it was a near-death experience, but it certainly wasn't a good experience."
    In the dangerous escape trick, which comes at the climax of his show 'Eight Deadly Sins', the Waterford-born entertainer offers €500 to two members of his audience if they can successfully tie him to a chair.
    "Basically I find the two strongest guys in the audience and give them 100ft of rope. Then I tell them to tie me any way they want to a chair, pretty much with no rules, and then they wrap my head in cling film so I can't breathe at all. The idea then is that I have to get out in less time than it took them to tie me up."
    But things began to go wrong last weekend when the cling film was wrapped around Barry's face too many times.
    "They tied me up so tight, that I couldn't get out so I blacked out, probably for about five seconds."
    Despite losing control over his arms and legs Barry explained that he knew his only chance of recovering was to remain calm.
    "If fear overcomes you then you're not going to get out."
    Eventually Barry recovered sufficiently to free his arms and rip the cling film from his mouth and nose.
    Once free, Barry handed over the €500 reward to the two audience members as promised.
    "I failed. People ask if there's a trick to this. There's no trick to this. It took me about a full minute over the time allotted so I had to pay them off on the spot, 250 quid each."
    Happily, the 34-year-old only has to perform the trick two more times at his final shows at the Olympia this Friday and Saturday.

Hmmm.... can you say publicity stunt? ;)

I mean he "faints" duing the middle of a trick. Not just whilst randomly on-stage. A trick that just so happens to offer 500 euro to people if he cant get out ... which he failed to as he "fainted" .. and it just so happened his last two shows were the following friday and saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

WHO???

KEITH BARRY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

omahaid wrote: »
    KEITH BARRY
    Im pretty sure he was the young fella they shot in in 1920. Is he back doing magic tricks or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

The guy is brilliant, so what if it's a publicity stunt, he won't be the first to use one and certainly won't be the last!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Some of the posts here are just awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Some of the posts here are just awful.
    If you don't like it, you can always just click ;
    http://omg.wthax.org/unf.jpg

And if that doesn't satisfy you, you can try this one
    http://omg.wthax.org/clo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/magician-barry-loses-consciousness-after-illusion-goes-wrong-559128.html (14th July 2012 article)
    Illusionist Keith Barry had a lucky escape last night when one of his stage tricks went dangerously wrong.

His new show in Dublin's Olympia Theatre had to be cut short when he fell unconscious during a performance.

The trick, in which Mr. Barry is tied to a chair with his face wrapped in cling film, involves the magician untying himself and removing the cling film before the lack of oxygen affects him.

However, at last night's show he collapsed before he could free himself and paramedics were brought onto the stage.

However, Mr Barry's manager said he regained consciousness shortly after the incident and did not require hospital treatment.

And yet again, like last year, he faints as his has only a few shows left. 2 last year and this year 4 left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Why ye all hate Keith Barry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

djPSB wrote: »

Exactly, he does a lot of charitable work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Cygnus wrote: »
    No he wasn't.

Damn it, I looked it up and you're right. Serves me right for trying to be a smartarse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Nodster wrote: »
    djPSB wrote: »

Exactly, he does a lot of charitable work
    So people should automatically like him because he does charitable work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

So people should automatically like him because he does charitable work?

why do ye hate him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Caiseoipe19

;) Someone else said the exact same thing a few weeks back on another thread so you're not the only one that thought he was! His story is quite interesting. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

He is an entertainer doing a show. An illusion show, the clue is in the name.

Celeb forum or Magic and illusion forum.

Please read their charters before posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement