Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barbie Doll type blondes, yay or nay?

• 14-07-2012 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Question her for the lads but female input welcome too. Would you be into that type of woman?

Look i dont want to make too many generalisations as all of them obviously arent empty headed or bimbos but Im talking about your typical plastic barbie doll types with too much make up , fake breasts or push up bra's and so on who speak like 6 year olds.Im not saying there is anything wrong with being that way but for me I just couldnt see myself with that type(dated one kinda like that in the past). Ive blonde hair myself so i cant judge on that matter but I would need more mental stimulation i.e a decent conversation or someone who isnt so obsessed with their looks all the time. But each to their own. thoughts?

btw i dont want this to turn into women bashing or sexist even if it is AH!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭cml387

WumBuster wrote: »
    Q
    Ive blonde hair myself so i cant judge on that matter

Date yourself then. See what it's like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Im dating one now. Its fun, she's hawt but there's no future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

No. Its actually revolting and disgusts me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

I have a rule that I don't date anyone who speaks like a 6 year old. Hair colour, etc is irrelevant after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Depends on the girl herself, not all are as annoying as the stereotype

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Maybe I watch too much playboy tv! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Nay, nay....thrice nay

They are as fake as their push up bras!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I have nothing against anyone getting dolled up if it makes them feel better about themselves or more confidant. It's their business really.
    But I would draw the line at an adult speaking like a child.
    That's just completely stupid tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I require clarification: by Barbie Doll type blondes do you mean the type of fine, young, attractive woman that dolls on fake tan and several layers of make up and is seen pissed out of her head at 2am with the makeup ruined?

In either case, I wouldn't touch anything that looks like a barbie doll.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

If they are orange then no they can get the boat.

Other than that I'd have a short term relationship with them but if they are braindead then it's not gonna last. In general though I don't find that look particularly attractive, more of a brunette man myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

thread fail, no pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Wow guy's you must be so proud to be different. Strange that nobody will admit to liking them but which girls get approached constantly in pubs and clubs??

thread fail, no pictures

I'm not the OP but I'll provide a photo of what he means.
    Wow guy's you must be so proud to be different. Strange that nobody will admit to liking them but which girls get approached constantly in pubs and clubs??

Depends on the clubs you go to. Personally I try not to go to places that let in Oompa Loompas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

I'm not the OP but I'll provide a photo of what he means.

Sorry, I'm not into skeletons.

Sorry, I'm not into skeletons.
    Hey you got your pic.
    https://www.facebook.com/ValeriaLukyanova

You want a photo of a barbie doll and you got one. Not so pretty is it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

^^^ Is that a real person?

Yup, she's from the Ukraine and she got a bunch of surgeries done to look like Barbie. Posted her page on facebook in a post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Help me find molly she makes me want to dance.....

Yup, she's from the Ukraine and she got a bunch of surgeries done to look like Barbie. Posted her page on facebook in a post here.
    It's gonna sound like I'm jealous but she looks completely unnatural. She must be under some pressure to stay looking like that.
    I often see so called barbie types. Blonde hair always blow dried to perfection, full make up on, fake tan, always dressed up in the latest trend etc but they still manage to look human.
    She looks alien.

• Advertisement

It's gonna sound like I'm jealous but she looks completely unnatural. She must be under some pressure to stay looking like that.
    I often see so called barbie types. Blonde hair always blow dried to perfection, full make up on, fake tan, always dressed up in the latest trend etc but they still manage to look human.
    She looks alien.

But this woman got surgery done so she would look like that. There's a difference between spending hours trying to look good and getting surgery to look like a doll.
    And I don't think you sound jealous in the slightest. I think you sound like a normal person. The woman looks like a toy doll. I think most people would say it's not natural to modify your appearance so much with surgery like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Look obviously they are attractive and you are a bit of legend if you go around with one on your arm- see Michael flattely >

http://www.who2.com/35940/photo/32254

But it just comes across as superficial id prefer, in a serious relationship sense to have a more meaningful personal relationship not based entirely on looks and image- or maybe im being too idealistic in that sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I like neurotic chicks with small tits n a brain. Colour, is irrelevent but stereotypes do exist.

She looks alien.

But this woman got surgery done so she would look like that. There's a difference between spending hours trying to look good and getting surgery to look like a doll.
    And I don't think you sound jealous in the slightest. I think you sound like a normal person. The woman looks like a toy doll. I think most people would say it's not natural to modify your appearance so much with surgery like that.
    I'd never knock anyone for getting surgery done if that's what they want. I have big knockers for my frame so realistically I'll probably have to get them hoisted up in about ten to fifteen years when gravity takes its toll. I know if they're hanging around my knee caps I'd be miserable so I'd get something done about it.
    But she has taken it to the extreme. She was probably a very pretty girl without the surgery. I'd hazard a guess she looked better beforehand.

I'd never knock anyone for getting surgery done if that's what they want. I have big knockers for my frame so realistically I'll probably have to get them hoisted up in about ten to fifteen years when gravity takes its toll. I know if they're hanging around my knee caps I'd be miserable so I'd get something done about it.
    But she has taken it to the extreme. She was probably a very pretty girl without the surgery. I'd hazard a guess she looked better beforehand.

My point was getting something to make yourself happy or because you think it's a necessity is different from trying to make yourself look like a plastic doll.
    One can be considered a necessity (even if it's just to boost your confidance) but the other is just bizzare. It's like the lads who pop steroids just to look huge. Realistic is one thing but looking like something outta a cartoon is a bit too much.

You could have your boobs reduced, that is infinitely more favourable than the cosmetic opposite. Long as theyre still au naturalle; aka no foreign objects in there but if they're weighing ya down..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

WumBuster wrote: »
    Question her for the lads but female input welcome too. Would you be into that type of woman?

Look i dont want to make too many generalisations as all of them obviously arent empty headed or bimbos but Im talking about your typical plastic barbie doll types with too much make up , fake breasts or push up bra's and so on who speak like 6 year olds.Im not saying there is anything wrong with being that way but for me I just couldnt see myself with that type(dated one kinda like that in the past). Ive blonde hair myself so i cant judge on that matter but I would need more mental stimulation i.e a decent conversation or someone who isnt so obsessed with their looks all the time. But each to their own. thoughts?

btw i dont want this to turn into women bashing or sexist even if it is AH!

Relationship material? - No.

One-time fúck material? - Yes.

LH Pathe wrote: »
    You could have your boobs reduced, that is infinitely more favourable than the cosmetic opposite. Long as theyre still au naturalle; aka no foreign objects in there but if they're weighing ya down..
    They're grand at the minute but they will go south. I plan on starting a family in the next couple of months so there's no point doing anything now.
    I'll wait until I get fat from babies, lose the weight & see how they look then. But yeah I wouldn't mind getting them reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Hey you got your pic.

I've seen a few pictures of her before. She's the first actual human that somehow successfully manages to hit the 'uncanny valley'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

They're grand at the minute but they will go south. I plan on starting a family in the next couple of months so there's no point doing anything now.
    I'll wait until I get fat from babies, lose the weight & see how they look then. But yeah I wouldn't mind getting them reduced.

Heads up?

Spaniels ears.

Or bin lids :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Naa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

god no. id rather fuck mince

I wouldn't like to be seen out with one.. If they could just appear when I was alone, late at night and in teh zone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Hey you got your pic.

Oh that's so freaky looking! She wasn't a bad looking girl before all that plastic http://www.unfoldsecrets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=54

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I think she looks like something from "Avatar" now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If they're just the stereotypical Barbie blonde then any lasting relationship is a struggle to maintain. Intelligence can also be a major turn on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Nay - can't stand them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Strange that nobody will admit to liking them but which girls get approached constantly in pubs and clubs??

I have to agree. I'm constantly told by dude friends/ boyfriends, etc,etc that they don't think this type of girl is attractive, that they are totally fake-looking and what not, and my 'type' (brunette, 'natural-looking', even nerdy) is actually more attractive to guys.. I call bull****! Whenever I'm out, the Barbie-type girls get ten times more attention than I ever would... so, what's the deal there, then?

Also, I work with a few girls that would dress like that and they are by no means bimbos or stupid just because they look a certain way.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

Ken Doll type brunettes yay or nay eh; Guurlz.... let's fight this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement