Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadpool videogame announced

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

COYVB wrote: »
    I've yet to see one...

Well, it doesn't help when you're so open minded....
    No, and I really never want to

deadpool%20common%20sense.PNG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I love Deadpool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Well, it doesn't help when you're so open minded....

[/IMG]

well given the fact that people seem to be posting what seem to be accepted as funny deadpool stuff here, i wouldn't say it's closedmindedness that has me not wanting to read a comic tbh. it's all awful:confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

well given the fact that people seem to be posting what seem to be accepted as funny deadpool stuff here, i wouldn't say it's closedmindedness that has me not wanting to read a comic tbh. it's all awful:confused:
    Ok, we get that you don't like it, you don't need to keep saying it now. We enjoy it, so it's all down to different tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Denny M wrote: »
    Ok, we get that you don't like it, you don't need to keep saying it now. We enjoy it, so it's all down to different tastes.

Exactly.

The point is, juvenile humour isn't being forced in by the developers to appeal to the kids, Deadpool just isn't a typical superhero, and nothing in that trailer (or the one before) seemed out of place with how Deadpool normally is in the comics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Penn wrote: »
    Exactly.

The point is, juvenile humour isn't being forced in by the developers to appeal to the kids, Deadpool just isn't a typical superhero, and nothing in that trailer (or the one before) seemed out of place with how Deadpool normally is in the comics.

Yeah, exactly, what I loved about that trailer is that captures the style of the comics very well imo. You might not like it but you can't claim the humour has been forced into the game to appear edgy or whatever. Deadpool's been like this for around 20 years.

Thank God he's not like the monstrosity in Wolverine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Remember when Deadpool met Wolverine and Shadowcat in a market one day, and he was just dying for a good fight, so he shoryuken'ed Shadowcat? I do.

deathrider wrote: »
    Remember when Deadpool met Wolverine and Shadowcat in a market one day, and he was just dying for a good fight, so he shoryuken'ed Shadowcat? I do.

shoryuken-deadpool-demotivational-poster-1228801919.jpg

There you go

Deano7788 wrote: »
    shoryuken-deadpool-demotivational-poster-1228801919.jpg

There you go

You, sir, have made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Love Deadpool!! :D this could be a day 1 purchase!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Sounds like what I expected, roll on release.

gizmo wrote: »

Sounds like what I expected, roll on release.

A braindead hack n slash with a shed-load of funny one-liners? Sounds like my cup'o tea alright :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

is it only a console release? looks enjoyable but sadly my ps3 has crapped itself

returnNull wrote: »
    is it only a console release? looks enjoyable but sadly my ps3 has crapped itself

It's on PC as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Deano7788 wrote: »
    It's on PC as well

cheers,only done a quick check on amazon and only the console versions were showing

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Might be a fun way to dust off my ageing, ignored 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

I really hope this turns out to be good. Even if it's fairly good (like a 7-ish game) then I reckon I'll get it at some point just because Deadpool.

Releasing on the same day as The Last of Us seems pretty bizarre though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

CVG review out, not looking too good.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/416081/reviews/deadpool-review-drowning-in-it-review/

Thought the below was funny though

will spoiler, it's something that apparently happens at the very start.
    In the opening moments of Deadpool players unlock an achievement for pressing
    up on the controller: 'The first one's free - 10G'. A second later another
    achievement is unlocked: 'The second one is also free - 20G'.

"So it's gonna be one of those games huh," says the masked
    anti-hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

sheehy83 wrote: »
    CVG review out, not looking too good.

had a quick read, and it seems to have been reviewed by someone who doesnt like deadpool in the first place. A good chunk of the review is complaining about the character.

i would wait till someone who enjoys deadpool reviews it. the gameplay may be at fault, but when giving out about the childish humor used in a game about a character defined by it, i tend to stop following the review

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

IGN gave it a 6 on PS3. I dunno, will wait for more reviews to come in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Xtravision doing a deal, trade 2 games from list of 300 and get deadpool for 99c

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/deadpool

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Xtravision doing a deal, trade 2 games from list of 300 and get deadpool for 99c

http://www.xtra-vision.ie/deadpool

and a number of those games are in gamestop's current summer sale. i picked up dragon's dogma: dark arisen and f1 race stars yesterday brand new for €30, so even if you don't have two to trade in, you can get some at gamestop and deadpool only costs 30.99 in total :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rented it for a euro due to an xtravison come back offer. It's funny. Gameplay isn't great but it's probably the funniest game I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Picked it up this morning...the fighting is pretty much the same as every spider-man game activision have been involved in but the story and one-liners so far have been pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finished Deadpool earlier (trust me, it doesn't take long)

As suspected, the gameplay isn't great, the controls are pretty bad, the frame rate is shocking in places (and isn't something I normally even notice in games other people are complaining about it) and the overall standard of the game design is pretty poor. There doesn't even seem to be any hidden collectibles or secret areas or anything, which is almost standard in a game like this because once you've seen all the funny bits, it would be the only real reason to play through the game again.

That being said, the humour and some of the stuff in it is f*cking brilliant and almost makes the whole thing worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Picked it up this morning...the fighting is pretty much the same as every spider-man game activision have been involved in but the story and one-liners so far have been pretty good.
    So it's a bad Spider-Man with ridiculous humour?

Huh. Kinda fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Reminds me of Rogue Trooper, a game i love that isnt really good but i like it as it has Rogue Trooper and Gunnar and his mates were in it.

Again not a great game but the character end of it was very good much like Deadpool, its a **** game but if you have any interest in Deadpool you will finish it.

reckon some Deadpool fan boyz will even say its a good game, its not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I finally managed to get around to getting this today (considering it was pulled from sale on PC for a while). While i'm about 70% through it (it's fairly short by the looks of it), i'll mirror the statements above. Average gameplay, simple hack'n'slash with a few guns thrown in, bad level design. However, it's the first game in a long time (since Tiny Tina in Borderlands 2) that has genuinely made me laugh out loud.

I know about Deadpool, but never read any of the comics or watched anything he's in (we won't mention X-Men). But i am pleasantly surprised at how well the one-liners and jokes in general really are. Some serious funny moments. If the film script is anything like this, i'm going to be seriously impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I finally managed to get around to getting this today (considering it was pulled from sale on PC for a while). While i'm about 70% through it (it's fairly short by the looks of it), i'll mirror the statements above. Average gameplay, simple hack'n'slash with a few guns thrown in, bad level design. However, it's the first game in a long time (since Tiny Tina in Borderlands 2) that has genuinely made me laugh out loud.

I know about Deadpool, but never read any of the comics or watched anything he's in (we won't mention X-Men). But i am pleasantly surprised at how well the one-liners and jokes in general really are. Some serious funny moments. If the film script is anything like this, i'm going to be seriously impressed!

yeah that pretty much nails. not a great game but funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

dreamers75 wrote: »
    yeah that pretty much nails. not a great game but funny.

I finished it last night (Steam says 6 hours), and i have to say that it was highly enjoyable. Especially that level for
    Death, where she asks you to collect 3 souls for the speak/hear/see no evil. Just fantastic!

Advertisement