Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to Vancouver - Advice

Options
  • 14-07-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Everyone

My brother (carpenter) and his girlfriend (admin/child minding) are moving to Vancouver in a months time. They're finding it hard to get reasonable accomodation for when they arrive and are not sure of where they should live. They'd also like to get in touch with some Irish out there. Could anyone tell me where the best place for them to start is? Accomodation advice would be greatly appreciated from you lovely boarders!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I've been checking www.padmapper.com a lot lately. Always places to rent near the skytrain so handy enough.

As for the Irish meeting up all they have to do is google irish gaa matches or irish events happening in vancouver and few things should come up. Or just land into few Irish pubs and ask the bar staff or regulars who are propped up at the bar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I've been checking www.padmapper.com a lot lately. Always places to rent near the skytrain so handy enough.

As for the Irish meeting up all they have to do is google irish gaa matches or irish events happening in vancouver and few things should come up. Or just land into few Irish pubs and ask the bar staff or regulars who are propped up at the bar :D

This time next year I'll hunt ya down :D

This time next year I could be in back arse of no where living with a pack of grizzly bears!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    This time next year I could be in back arse of no where living with a pack of grizzly bears!

You'll be easy to find so! Just follow the screaming humans and growling grizzlies! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sinbad725

Thanks very much for the advice Toni!

• Advertisement

Sinbad725 wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the advice Toni!

No bother :)

Also check out www.meetup.com for meeting new Irish people and also folks from every walk of life. Yer fav activity will probably already have a group on it :D

Advertisement