Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will there ever be? Ghost in the Shell: SAC 3

Options
  • 15-07-2012 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

...It rhymes!

As above, really. I've watched all of Gits and completed Solid State Society recently enough.

There's something magnificent about the series as a whole. Its complexity, with great acting, animation and soundtrack make it something worthwhile.

Will there ever be a season after SSS? Google doesn't help me much on this as most topics about it date since 2010.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

I would certainly like another season, and considering it's pretty popular over west and in Japan it's a big possibility. If only anime studios started using kickstarter (or some equivalent service available in Japan)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Ghost in the Shell was only a two volume manga. Most of the first volume which deals with the Puppet Master incident has been hacked up into pieces and used to create all of the SAC content, so some of the characters from an early manga chapter end up being in SSS and the ending of SAC2 comes from chapter one of the manga. They did well with what they had but they've used everything I think.

There were some new stories in SAC that hadn't been in the original manga as far as I can remember anyway but they were the stand alone, dare I say it filler, episodes.

If they wished to create a SAC3 then the natural progression would be to continue using the second manga volume, which they'd started doing with SSS.
    Motoko Fused with the Puppet Master, became Motoko Aramaki, left section 9 to persue her own objective and began using remote controlled bodies as seen in SSS. So it wouldn't be the same really.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TimotiSt

cade wrote: »
    Ghost in the Shell was only a two volume manga.

What about Ghost in the shell 1.5: Human-error processor? That makes it three volumes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

TimotiSt wrote: »
    What about Ghost in the shell 1.5: Human-error processor? That makes it three volumes. :)

1.5 Only exists in the Western world as it is in its entirety stories that were originally contained within volume 1 in Japan but were dropped from the English release of volume 1. Ergo, there are two volumes.

Advertisement