Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lookin for IT work in Sydney

Options
  • 15-07-2012 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Right guys need a bit of help here from people based in Sydney......landed in Sydney last week and was wondering where to start looking for work in web design/development.....I just completed my honours degree in Computer Systems Management and was wondering what are the chances of getting work in IT here......don't really mind can be work in helpdesk either....just need to get foot on ladder with a job here.....all help appreciated....thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Im assuming you are on a Working holiday visa and people forget that the visa is really important, you can only work somewhere for 6 months and then you have to leave or get sponsored.
    The other important thing is your experience, if you dont have mucg take anything. I had a year when i came out applied for 200 jobs and got 2 interviews, my CV is good and i was going for helpdesk, system admin everything at lower level, so it is tough to get a start just keep at it.
    I would suggest you follow up your CVs with a phone call, recruiters here will waste your time a lot but you still have to use them. Try to stick to IT recruitment companies i think you may do better with them and put a good cover letter together. Some people leave off visa status then go into the place to be told its for residents only so its best to include it so you dont waste your time.

gumtree.com.au
    applydirect.com
    seek.com.au

Advertisement