Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cock-blocking by a mate. Could you ever forgive it?

• 15-07-2012 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭

Inspired by another thread.

so, you've been cock blocked by a mate. can you forget and forgive?

can you??

hmm, poll optioned disappeared. ah well

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

No, I have them locked up for grand asshattery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

mates Don't cockblock

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tonymantana

talk to joe

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Bros before hos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Physically or metaphorically?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

cock blocking ? asshattery ? bloody hell it's Urban Dictionary time again !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Physically or metaphorically?

LOL. physically.

Bros before hos.

are you're a girl!

dd972 wrote: »
    Stick around, we're cunning linguists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Cock block the cock blocker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

The only thing I can't forgive is you using the word "being" completely out of context.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Bros before hos.

are you're a girl!

As the old saying goes, never judge a poster by their name

Bros before hos.

are you're a girl!
    Yeah but I dont know the female equivilant of that phrase but I still tried to be cool :)
    Feel like a right ho myself now!

Yeah but I dont know the female equivilant of that phrase but I still tried to be cool :)
    Presumably BFF before dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I would hazard a guess and say fannyguarded.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Presumably BFF4EVA before dicks.
    That looks like the reg off a foreign car!

so, stripped stockings or socks?

:D

That looks like the reg off a foreign car!
    Indeed, amended.

I would hazard a guess and say fannyguarded.

Clam jam! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

That can only encourage oneupmanship

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Next time he's out, casually walk up to him and try to snog him, grab his crotch and say last night was good big boy! That is how you'll teach him a lesson, you may just cock block him forever, but it could be a pyrrhic victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

so, you've been cock blocked by a mate. can you forget and forgive?

Not to be all profound for a second :pac:
    But cock-blocking comes in all forms. To the subtle to the most obvious. But easily picked up upon in either.

People can let the odd cock-block go here or there. If its small and not to frequent. But it is a sign that your so called friend isnt really your friend.

Let logic apply. If your so called mate is willing to block you getting with a woman out of jealously or worse, trying to move in while you've laid the ground work. You think the same "friend" wouldnt screw you over for a euro? (or in other ways) To me thats a sign to give them a wide berth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Stick around, we're cunning linguists.

I'm not sure who told you this they were right ....

Cockblocking bad m'kay !! people need those bad experience to be able to differentiate between the good one's later on in life ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Depends on who the culprit is and the hotness of the girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

are you're a girl!

Fix this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ah. Whenever you feel like hating the cock blocker, just beat one out and all is forgiven :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Akarinn wrote: »
    are you're a girl!

Fix this...

??
    It's just a typo- it's pretty easy to figure out what the poster intended to write.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

could you EVER forgive them? seriously? you're putting cockblocking up there and asking if people could ever actually forgive someone for it?

it's not anal rape with a knife ffs

anyone who got more than a little annoyed and had a few lighthearted swears about it has problems

or is seriously bet down making the chance of scoring a once in a lifetime opportunity

maybe then it'd be a tough call whether you could EVER forgive

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

If they are a friend they would be your Wingman helping you to get laid.
    If they are Cock blocking you they are not your friend. Ditch 'em

• Advertisement

livdmg wrote: »
    If they are a friend they would be your Wingman helping you to get laid.
    If they are Cock blocking you they are not your friend. Ditch 'em

or they're you're mate and they see an amusing opportunity to see you downed in flames

again, the only reason someone would surely be really pìssed off about this is if scoring is such a rarity that it's actually a huge event for them

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

Yeah sure if you can both have a bit of a laugh about it afterwards, but if only one person is laughing and generally making the other person feel like **** then f##k that and f##k them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Presumably BFF before dicks.

Or chicks before dicks!

livdmg wrote: »
    Yeah sure if you can both have a bit of a laugh about it afterwards, but if only one person is laughing and generally making the other person feel like **** then f##k that and f##k them.

speaking from experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

We cock block each other, sometimes blatantly. just accept it and get revenge :-)

I was at a gig in vienna once ( I know nothing about bands - but my mate does and always gets free tickets backstage etc), this gig had 4 stages and 7 bands or something .... Around 3/4 am I am backstage partying with the lads and am talking to one of te female band members, she was proper hot, all going to plan, I was telling her I had flown from Dublin especially to see tha band.
    She was lapping it up, and I kept it going, how I appreciate the music she produces, it gives me goosebumps blah blah blah

My mate heard this, smirked, walked over and simply asked me which band she was in... I fumbled for names, it was blatant I didn't know.... She kept waiting for me to name her band. Then she told me as she walked off. Velojet.

What can you do ? Buy him a beer and laugh, if you bite it's worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

dd972 wrote: »

I thought cock blocking was pretty self explanatory!

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    or they're you're mate and they see an amusing opportunity to see you downed in flames

again, the only reason someone would surely be really pìssed off about this is if scoring is such a rarity that it's actually a huge event for them

Jus what are you implying???

We cock block each other, sometimes blatantly. just accept it and get revenge :-)

I was at a gig in vienna once ( I know nothing about bands - but my mate does and always gets free tickets backstage etc), this gig had 4 stages and 7 bands or something .... Around 3/4 am I am backstage partying with the lads and am talking to one of te female band members, she was proper hot, all going to plan, I was telling her I had flown from Dublin especially to see tha band.
    She was lapping it up, and I kept it going, how I appreciate the music she produces, it gives me goosebumps blah blah blah

My mate heard this, smirked, walked over and simply asked me which band she was in... I fumbled for names, it was blatant I didn't know.... She kept waiting for me to name her band. Then she told me as she walked off. Velojet.

Well in fairness, you're bluffing on the back of HIS work in that scenario...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Fanny banning, us fellas do it all the time, in fact were so good at it we don't even know when we're doing it ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lifelongnoob

hmm, poll optioned disappeared. ah well

edit original post then look under thread tools and the add poll option is there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I get little enough vadge as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I get little enough vadge as it is.

HEre's a tip, never say vadge again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

"Cock blocking"

Reminds me of the time, the Rugby team had a game of chess using our cocks as the chess pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

"Cock blocking"

Reminds me of the time, the Rugby team had a game of chess using our cocks as the chess pieces.

Just NO.

A great cock block is to do this ( and I think I found it here)

Lets say your mate is talking to a girl called corinna, you bound over and tell him to do his impression of corinna again, its so funny and you dont think she will mind.

The more he denies it, the more she gets pissed off and she should keep urging him to do it....

That is a great one, I've KO'ed many with that one, no way out of it really...

Your friend is an absolute cunt!:eek:

1ZRed wrote: »
    Your friend is an absolute cunt!

Why ? not at all...
    Thats how we be, may the best man win.

I will say in Fairness though, we live in Austria, getting cock blocked is not a hassle, 5 minutes later your chatting to another hot girl who loves your Irish accent.....

Why ? not at all...
    Thats how we be, may the best man win.

I will say in Fairness though, we live in Austria, getting cock blocked is not a hassle, 5 minutes later your chatting to another hot girl who loves your Irish accent.....

I don't care about cock blocking but when the stakes are high... That's when I'd get a bit pissed off and go looking for revenge and do it back to them and worse!:P I don't think I could ever bite my tongue though.

I suppose I'm lucky I don't get cock blocked because my friends know damn well to stay out of the situation but I do get roped into being the fucking wingman more times to count and I'm the one who breaks the ice and does all the talking! A lot of work for something that I don't really want anymore;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

My wingman cock-blocked my fcuk-buddy once.

(see.. I know all the cool phrases used by virgins online)

Blondini wrote: »
    My wingman cock-blocked my fcuk-buddy once.

(see.. I know all the cool phrases used by virgins online)

How the fuck did that manage to happen?:confused:

Jus what are you implying???

that since you put cockblocking across in a way that suggests you think it would be ok never to forgive the person for it, you dont have much luck with the ladies ;)

Helix wrote: »
    that since you put cockblocking across in a way that suggests you think it would be ok never to forgive the person for it, you dont have much luck with the ladies ;)

oh. right. yes, yes. got you. i see. 'not much luck'. right. em, thanks for clearing that up then.

DUH!!!!

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement