Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is It all a load of Bollix

• 15-07-2012 2:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭

Really though are we all just talkin a load of bollix, just to keep ourselves amused, and taken our minds off other things

21/25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

uch wrote: »
    Really though are we all just talkin a load of bollix, just to keep ourselves amused, and taken our minds off other things

isnt that the point of message boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I find it Hard to keep my mind off things, hense i use boards as an outlet for my raging issue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Have you been drinking tonight, Sir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Pretty much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Arist

Ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Obviously....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

This is a deep, complex question in so many ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I Love my Brick..........................

Feck off Brrrriiickkk..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

flyswatter wrote: »
    This is a deep, complex question in so many ways.

Carry on so

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Of course we all are. We're just filling a large gap until we go to our graves bitter and unfulfilled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Of course we all are. We're just filling a large gap until we go to our graves bitter and unfulfilled.

Ahh now !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Maybe, I dunno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Well.....are you amused?

Shryke wrote: »
    Indeed.

You sir are a genius

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Poll or GTFO ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Is that a question or a statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭techsavysista

I agree with the first half.

And the second half sometimes too, because it is where some people find consolidation or advice (that'll happen generally when loads of people get together) when someone's dealing with things.

But even not just for procrastinating or whatever, it's great to come and read stories or recommendations etc.

Just because we're not all in the same room drinking tea doesn't mean we're not all real people with real and interesting things to tell. so yes yes yes and in a good way too :)

I agree with the first half.

And the second half sometimes too, because it is where some people find consolidation or advice (that'll happen generally when loads of people get together) when someone's dealing with things.

But even not just for procrastinating or whatever, it's great to come and read stories or recommendations etc.

Just because we're not all in the same room drinking tea doesn't mean we're not all real people with real and interesting things to tell. so yes yes yes and in a good way too :)

I Salute you Sir......

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

It's not all a load of bollix. Some forums are useful and full of intelligent discussion and good advice.

After hours is not one of those forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I would say both actually.
    Boards.ie is irrelevant. That being it doesnt mean anything in our daily lives. Just like any other site. I guess just a past time activity.

But you can learn new and useful information in certain forums. So overall, boards.ie isnt meant to be taken too seriously. Just what you use it for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I blame football :pac: and life in general bar music and cars and food and drink. but yes its all a load of Bol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sheriffz

2deep4me

Its is nice to enjoy our time here though. Remember the clock is counting down, Tick tock, tick tock. Death is encroaching fast, live life while you can, you'll regret it when you're lying in you're box. :pac:

Its is nice to enjoy our time here though. Remember the clock is counting down, Tick tock, tick tock. Death is encroaching fast, live life while you can, you'll regret it when you're lying in you're box. :pac:

So is that a yes or a No

21/25

So is that a yes or a No

Its an emphatic yes but it doesn't mean that you can't enjoy yourself in the BS along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I am a load of bollox.

I win. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

And it's taken you since October 2002 to figure that out?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

It's not all a load of bollix.. there's a few fannies about too.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

lonely neckbeards need spaces to express their hatred of women, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

lonely neckbeards need spaces to express their hatred of women, I guess.
    But I like women, quite a lot actually, and I've no beard. I must be lost so.
    I think Boards is like the net in general, there's a lot of levels, some(like me), just skim at the top, others go deeper - into the murky world of the pm, flirting and ending up friends/more with other Boardsies. There are also probably a lot more levels that have not even occurred to an innocent like me. I just skim. :) At the skimming level, it probably is just a load of b0llox.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Bollix talks, nonsense walks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Pottler wrote: »
    But I like women, quite a lot actually, and I've no beard. I must be lost so.
    I think Boards is like the net in general, there's a lot of levels, some(like me), just skim at the top, others go deeper - into the murky world of the pm, flirting and ending up friends/more with other Boardsies. There are also probably a lot more levels that have nor even occurred to an innocent like me. I just skim. :) At the skimming level, it probably is just a load of b0llox.

Flirty pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Flirty pm sent
    Hah!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

That would be an ecumenical matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Flirty pm sent

Filthy PM sent ...

Advertisement