Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog friendly shops

Options
  • 15-07-2012 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I volunteer with one of the dog rescues who are often on Grafton Street. My dog always comes with me and I like to hang around town with him afterward.

I'm a major dog lover, so I prefer to give my business to shops that allow dogs in and I'm sure he'd enjoy shopping with me too.

Obviously, all the pet shops let him in, but I am looking for other shops that would allow him. Konfusion in Temple Bar are very welcoming of him. Does anyone know any more?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Restaurants are a definite no, and I'd say you'd have difficulty with clothes shops too; they won't want to let him in ecause clothes with dog hair on them would be more difficult to sell. Unfortunately Ireland is a very dog-unfriendly country.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Aisling1989

It's such a shame. I was in Vienna a couple of years and people brought there dogs everywhere. I even saw one inside a cafe. I've seen somebody giving out to someone over here for sitting outside a cafe with their tiny yorkie.. apparently they had no consideration for others (The dog was very well behaved)
    Even in England, dogs aren't allowed in shops, but they're more than welcome on public transport.
    We definitely got the short end of the stick...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Too much leeway for abuse by people who don't train their dogs and don't care what damage it might do

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Aisling1989

It's people like that though also leave their dogs tied up in gardens all day every day and wouldn't actually be bringing them out with them.

I guess you're right ...

A simple 'Your dog breaks it, you buy it' sign could fix that problem though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Never had a problem taking our dog into Xtravision ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Could we revive this thread or perhaps start another? Now I'm leashed to a pup again it's a shame she can't come into more places with me. I daren't leave her outside in this day and age while I go into a premises to spend money so perhaps retailers/restaurateurs might be interested in the K9 spend?

Advertisement