Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacant Lands in Lucan

Options
  • 15-07-2012 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

Who owns the vacant land opposite Esker Cemetery?

If this was public parkland you could walk or cycle all the way from the village right through Griffeen Park all the way to the canal, and thence into Dublin.
    (well nearly, you would have to go half way up the Lock Road hill to the park entrance).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Aisling1989

Don't know but I doubt the owner would be willing to sell as he'd have no where else to keep his horses (Assuming the owner of the land also owns the horses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I was always led to believe that land belonged to the Saer family who owned Esker House and had a stud farm there. Certainly I always went to pet the horses there and the owner's partner used to come and feed them and tell us about them. She would walk over to that patch of land with a wheel-barrow of hay from the big house.

Most of their land was bought by compulsory purchase order and used for the bypass, but they seemed to retain that patch of land and put their horses on it even after the stud farm closed.

Esker house was sold about a year ago and is being renovated. I don't know what the story is with that patch of land now, but currently I only see piebald ponies there and I think we can all guess who they belong to.

When is the last time you were there? Maybe we're thinking of two different places because it's proper horses there, not ponies (i know nothing about horses so its possible i'm wrong). One of them popped out a baby recently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MadHarlequin

The land was sold about a year ago when the owner died. Not sure who bought it (council maybe?) but planning permission was granted to use it to extend the cemetery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

The big house at Esker was sold last year to a Chinese cultural group who have been redeveloping it for the past few months...........both the house and the lands across from the graveyard were for sale at the same time. I'm not sure if they were bought together though.

Advertisement