Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless headset for a landline phone?

Options
  • 15-07-2012 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I'm struggling to find any real suggestions for a reasonable handsfree option that can be used on a home/office phone, rather than with simply a mobile. The market seems flooded with the latter.

For example, Argos is filled with phones, but only one product actually has a handsfree headset you can tuck behind your ear (rather than a speakerphone) that lets you move around the house while using the landline. It's from Binatone and struck me as a bit flimsy looking (more to the point, its completely sold out). Also, wondering why have none of the other manufacturers offered something like this?!

I also had a look at Plantronics but they seem to offer some very pricey models designed more for a call centre than a quiet house.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any experience with Binatone - I don't want to spend a fortune, but would like the option of being able to speak at home while cooking, carrying stuff, etc.

From what I understand once you have a DECT landline phone it shouldn't be too complicated to connect it. But if DECT ones are so much I'm wondering why landline phones don't have bluetooth - i've got an affordable headset for that and im spoiled for choice! :confused:

Thanks a lot for any advice!

Advertisement