Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanworth information

Options
  • 15-07-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Everyone,
    I carried out a search but the most recent post I found was over 2 years old and with our current economic climate things can change quickly in our towns. :)

I was wondering if anyone from the glanworth area could tell me about the amenities (or lack thereof) in the town? I am supposed to be moving out near there and I was hoping someone could share their knowledge of schools, pubs, shops etc in the area. Your help and time is greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭aoshea83

There's 3 (maybe) pubs, a shop/post office, a chipper and a church. Theres a castle and old church both of which have been in perpetual refurbishment for a few years and a mill (cafe/restaurant?).

If you're into fishing it's an ideal location, though the license can be a bit pricey!

Do you know where in Glanworth you're moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

GAA is big in the village with football and a hurling team and a ladies football team. also caters for all underage. Also a soccer team for men. There is also a fairly active community council and other clubs. One of these would be the best way to get to know people. As with most villages strangers can find it difficult to get to know people so I would recommend one of these!

There is a creche/daycare centre and a primary school beside it. It is ten mins to fermoy and mitchelstown. 30 mins to Mallow and about 35-45 mins to Cork.

Private message me if you want more info or to have a chat about the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 johnmah

Hey guys, living in Glanworth myself almost 2 yrs now and wouldn't mind getting involved with the village etc. what's the crack with the soccer club?

Advertisement