Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dnschanger

• 15-07-2012 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

hi my friends Mac has been affected by this , can't get on the internet and can't get into network to change it. any ideas on how can remove this ? would calling the internet provider be any use ?
    any advice much appreciate
    thanks

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Give this a shot

How to Flush DNS in Mac OS X
    If you are an Internet or web developer or do a fair amount of administrator tasks on your Mac, then the requirement to flush DNS cache will arise. Depending on what version of the OS is installed on your computer (Leopard vs Tiger), there will be a slightly different command to flush DNS.

Step 1 – If Mozilla Firefox is installed on your computer, exit the application if it is open.

Step 2 – Open the terminal on your computer.

Step 3 – On a computer running Lion (Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7) enter the following command followed by pressing the “return” key:

dscacheutil –flushcache

I'd download and run a scan with Avast too

http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-mac

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

thanks for the reply , I'm useless with computer .. how do i open the terminal ? or what is it ? no mozilla installed using safari.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Bring up "Finder", in the Search bar type "Terminal" and double click it, then do those steps

Advertisement