Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crane lane theatre cork ..

Options
  • 15-07-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭

was there last night; great buzz… place was mental… was kinda of a pre electric picnic buzz..

but i felt that there were a lot of people off their heads in there? i wonder what management have to say about that??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Bit unfair, how do you know they were off their heads? Been there a good few times and never thought it was a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I was there last night and didn't see anything strange. I wasn't off my head either.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭sporina

gpf101 wrote: »
    Bit unfair, how do you know they were off their heads? Been there a good few times and never thought it was a problem.

unfair in what way? i am merely making and observation and asking a a question!! and i have been around the block long enough to know when folk are off their heads.

also what is the "it" you are referring to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

I used to go there a lot, never saw a problem like that there either. Unless something have changed a lot during last few months.

Have always had a fine evening there and havent seen more than usual few people being "off their heads".
    Was that some special evening for people off their heads out in town that evening the threadstarter talks about or what?
    Maybe people off their heads had a reunion....i'd say that might be the case as normally place is great there.
    Must keep eyes open for next year same time...might have another reunion day then...:eek:

sporina wrote: »
    unfair in what way? i am merely making and observation and asking a a question!! and i have been around the block long enough to know when folk are off their heads.

I think its fair bet that he refered to "people off their heads" not being a problem there, as thats what you stated. As in he didnt think IT was the problem cos he didnt notice IT there.
    Just a guess...

i didn't say it was a problem.. after all I said there was a great buzz, in my initial post..

i am just wondering if management knew that folk were high but let them in regardless..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

i didn't say it was a problem.. after all I said there was a great buzz, in my initial post..

i am just wondering if management knew that folk were high but let them in regardless..

hehe, sorry i just had to let out a lil sarcasm on it before:P

Doormen there are usually very good and keep the "wrong" people out. However if you really think it was a problem, maybe let management know about it and see what their answer is. Or see if the problem has remained when you attend the place next time.

Im not saying it is impossible it happened, who knows, bunch of people came in, all in good shape, then did some drugs in toilet and there you go... Might be.

Normally crane lane is very good in that sence though. Never saw problem there with it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

What's unfair is you asking what management feel about people being off their heads when you've no idea that they were. You're giving people the impression that it's a place that sort of behaviour purely on your speculation. Is it any different to other pubs in Cork?

The "it" obviously refers to people being off their heads. I would have thought that was pretty clear.

Maybe they were but that's why I thought it was a bit unfair.

What's unfair is you asking what management feel about people being off their heads when you've no idea that they were. You're giving people the impression that it's a place that sort of behaviour purely on your speculation. Is it any different to other pubs in Cork?

The "it" obviously refers to people being off their heads. I would have thought that was pretty clear.

Maybe they were but that's why I thought it was a bit unfair.

well if you read your initial post again, you will realise that you are saying that perhaps folk were not off their heads.. but then on the other hand, if your saying that your use of the word "it" refers to the "problem" of them being off their heads, then you are suggesting that they probably were in fact, off their heads..

just clarifying how i read it..

anyway end of the day, i suspect that there were a whooooole bunch of folk off their heads and if it was obvious to me then it sure as hell was obvious to mgmt..
    i suppose i should just ask them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

I go there a good bit and have never noticed many people high/rolling/tripping. And I am pretty good at being able to tell. They don't really play the type of music for it.

Anyway, as long as people are behaving themselves I can't imagine management being too upset about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I've never seen trouble in The Crane Lane. I've seen a few guys obviously under the influence of something other than alcohol, but they weren't doing an harm and were managing themselves handily so I've no problem with that.

The only thing I've ever seen happen in there is a few people get warned and thrown out for jumping up on the stage. And the security are generally dead on, always happy to have a few words with you when you say hi to them.

My problem with the place is sometimes it can be incredibly busy. Busier than a really busy night club busy. It makes wandering around somewhat difficult. Which is annoying because there's definitely a different vibe going on in the different sections of the place. The back bar is grand if you just want a girly dance. The theatre part is good for live music and dancing to somewhat more rocking music once the bands have finished. The smoking area is good for chatting to people. And the small in between bar is I suppose grand for the people who just want a bit of rest from the hectic nature of the place.

Also I need to get into Arthur Mayne's early some night. I need to have a go off those wine machines. You need to get in early if you want a good spot though. Earlier than in Crane Lane.

• Advertisement

was there last night; great buzz… place was mental… was kinda of a pre electric picnic buzz..

but i felt that there were a lot of people off their heads in there? i wonder what management have to say about that??

the above was all i saw saying..

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I was in there on Saturday night and once again I found that they do quite a decent pint of stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Quii

I was in there at the weekend, great music on Saturday night! didn't see many (any?) people 'off their faces'

I was a bit doe eyed by the end of the night myself after a lash of craft beers but no harm to anyone but myself :D

Advertisement