Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can/will Rossi win MotoGP Races again??

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

CJhaughey wrote: »
    In its current iteration.
    Preziozi has been given the P45 by Audi so maybe, just maybe there are going to be changes in the GP13/14 bikes?
    If they got rid of the L twin and opted for a narrow angle V then they might be in the running.
    They have some amount of work to do though, the Panigale is a POS and its largely based on the GP setup.

Absolutely. One of their arguments to Rossi was that with Audi now in charge, they could give him a competitive bike, but would take another 2 years. Needless to say, Vale couldn't wait that long, he's wasted the last 2 years as it is. I thought another option they had was to shift the engine forward on the chassis to move the weight bias more toward the front? But yeah - the have a LOT of work to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Rossi often looked like a lost and frightened deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car these last 2 years. I'm sure he is happy to be back at Yamaha, but I'm sure he is ruing the day he said Casey Stoner wasn't pushing the Ducati hard enough :D Ambition outweighing talent? In part I agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

.... I'm sure he is ruing the day he said Casey Stoner wasn't pushing the Ducati hard enough :D

Yes, Vale and JB have been eating copious amounts of humble pie since making that statement. They'll think twice before presuming in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I thought another option they had was to shift the engine forward on the chassis to move the weight bias more toward the front? But yeah - the have a LOT of work to do!

I heard it was already as far forward as it could go. The 90 degree angle makes the motor longer than its rivals, they want it the same as the road bikes for marketing reasons but having a crap racebike isn't exactly good marketing :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

ninja900 wrote: »
    I heard it was already as far forward as it could go. The 90 degree angle makes the motor longer than its rivals, they want it the same as the road bikes for marketing reasons but having a crap racebike isn't exactly good marketing :rolleyes:

Yep,Rossi and Hayden raced a bike with new engine mounts and a new engine position,mid way through last season.

Id did nothing for either of them....apart from creating front end issues for them.:pac::pac:

Sure Rossi on a Ducati (Famous Italian Rider on Italian Bike) was supposed to be the dream...and for marketing reasons too....hense the huge salary he got from Ducati.;)

• Advertisement

CJhaughey wrote: »
    In its current iteration.
    Preziozi has been given the P45 by Audi so maybe, just maybe there are going to be changes in the GP13/14 bikes?
    If they got rid of the L twin and opted for a narrow angle V then they might be in the running.
    They have some amount of work to do though, the Panigale is a POS and its largely based on the GP setup.

A certain Mr Lee Johnston did rather well on it this year in the Irish Superbike Championship and at the NW200:)

He raced it in more or less bog standard road trim,as they were slow to get race parts for it from Ducati.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

paddy147 wrote: »
    A certain Mr Lee Johnston did rather well on it this year in the Irish Superbike Championship and at the NW200:)

He raced it in more or less bog standard road trim,as they were slow to get race parts for it from Ducati.
    I am talking about the 5 recalls for the Panigale.
    The fact that Althea Ducati have walked away from using it next year in SBK saying that Ducati can run the race team if they want to use the bike.
    It did OK in Superstock but did you see any being used in SBK?
    You have to ask why not, because usually in a first year of any new machines development cycle the factory team runs it to develop parts.
    Checa ran the 1198 and was pretty much uncompetitive, why did he run the old machine if there was a new one?
    The plain fact is that 1000cc in a V twin is enough, taking it out to 1200cc and producing the power that they do was a pretty amazing feat.
    With the Panigale they have gone beyond what the 1198 has achieved and possibly to the point of material failure.
    Who is running it in SBK this year?

Rossi just won the Assen MotoGP.:D

Lorenzo managed to get an incredible 5th place...seen as he smashed his collarbone on Thursday in a high speed crash,and then got plated up in hospital yesterday.

Ride of the year from Lorenzo.:)

Rossi 1st
    Marquez 2nd
    Crutchlow 3rd
    Pedsosa 4th
    Lorenzo 5th
    Bradl 6th

Assen results.

1. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 41m 25.202s
    2. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 41m 27.372s
    3. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 41m 29.275s
    4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 41m 33.034s
    5. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing (YZR-M1) 41m 40.712s
    6. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda MotoGP (RC213V) 41m 52.721s
    7. Alvaro Bautista ESP Go&Fun Honda Gresini (RC213V) 41m 56.800s
    8. Aleix Espargaro ESP Power Electronics Aspar (ART CRT) 41m 57.607s
    9. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 41m 58.953s
    10. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP13) 41m 59.003s
    11. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team (GP13) 41m 59.573s
    12. Randy De Puniet FRA Power Electronics Aspar (ART CRT) 42m 22.876s
    13. Andrea Iannone ITA Energy T.I. Pramac Racing (GP13) 42m 26.626s
    14. Michele Pirro ITA Ignite Pramac Racing (GP13) 42m 26.763s
    15. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing (ART CRT) 42m 29.628s
    16. Danilo Petrucci ITA Came IodaRacing Project (Suter-BMW CRT)* 42m 36.316s
    17. Colin Edwards USA NGM Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 42m 40.451s
    18. Claudio Corti ITA NGM Forward Racing (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 42m 50.086s
    19. Yonny Hernandez COL Paul Bird Motorsport (ART CRT) 42m 51.056s
    20. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Blusens (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 42m 51.180s
    21. Bryan Staring AUS Go&Fun Honda Gresini (FTR-Honda CRT) 42m 51.458s
    22. Michael Laverty GBR Paul Bird Motorsport (PBM-ART CRT)* 42m 51.812s
    23. Ivan Silva ESP Avintia Blusens (FTR-Kawasaki CRT)* 43m 3.375s
    24. Lukas Pesek CZE Came IodaRacing Project (Suter-BMW CRT)* DNF
    * Standard ECU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Happy days!!!

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Advertisement

Espargaro on a CRT in 8th is a cracking result too.He was only 0.8 of a second behind the HRC Honda of Bautista

Shows why some of the bigger teams are after him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

paddy147 wrote: »
    Espargaro on a CRT in 8th is a cracking result too.He was only 0.8 of a second behind the HRC Honda of Bautista

Shows why some of the bigger teams are after him.

Not to mention thumping the works Dukes while he was at it.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

bladespin wrote: »
    Not to mention thumping the works Dukes while he was at it.

Yep I rekon Dovi is wondering what the hell did he get himself into.:pac::pac:

Cal is getting better and better and picking up some podiums (getting factory M1 for next year),and Dovi is just going backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Let's not forget Lorenzo who finished 5th after having surgery to have a titanium plate and 8 screws on a fractured collarbone. Kudos!!

260468.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

missed this: I forgot Assen was on a Saturday....anywhere I can catch this online or a repeat anywhere ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

galwaytt wrote: »
    missed this: I forgot Assen was on a Saturday....anywhere I can catch this online or a repeat anywhere ?

It's on Eurosport tomorrow (Monday) night at 10.30pm.

BBC2 showed the full race yesterday morning at 10:30am.

Rossi was an absolute masterclass on the M1..he blew them all away.

Hats off to Cal he did great and was very lucky not to be wiped out by Marquez and his eh "incident" on the last lap.

Marquez is gonna wipe both himself and another rider out very soon,if he keeps going the way he is.
    Now he either brake tested Cal or missed a gear into that corner....but thats gotta be the closest non accident I have seen in a long time.
    Cal wanted to punch the head off Marquez In Parc Ferme....and he allmost did.

Ride of the season has got to go to Lorenso for even starting the race in 12th place.
    But to finish 5th and only loose another 2 points to Pedrosa is like haveing all your birthdays come together.
    His team had to lift him off the bike at the end,as he was that wrecked and in that much pain from the smashed collar bone.

Pedrosa has to be gutted by all of this......golden oppertunity to score big points and pull well away from Lorenso,but he fluffed his chance.

Advertisement