Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can/will Rossi win MotoGP Races again??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I am referring to this season as I said above, but you did not bother to read the above, you just wanna throw your 2cents in with a random **** argument starters to link back to OTHER FORUMS.

Take off the tinfoil hat man, not everyone is out to get you.
    His results speak for themselves this year and he IS riding like a newbie. Sorry, should not be quoting the lads off "EUROSPORT" saying he is making school boy errors. So what if he has won WSBK and the AMA ( like that is hard) thats not gonna save his place in YAMAHA and you only as good as your last race which is a DNF :rolleyes:

PLEASE explain to me how you continue racing with a broken swingarm. PLEASE. I'm all ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

PMSL.....

One race :eek:...you are referring to one race. That is the basis of your argument to him riding bad ALL SEASON 10 races so far....... Must of been a weak swingarm since since race 1 so.......:o :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

PMSL.....

One race :eek:...you are referring to one race. That is the basis of your argument to him riding bad ALL SEASON. Must of been a weak swingarm since since race 1 so.......:o :o:o

Actually it was in response to
    Wonda-Boy wrote:
    not gonna save his place in YAMAHA and you only as good as your last race which is a DNF

You know he is riding way below his talent so far THIS year (which is my point) so why throw up childish posts and make it personal. Instead of giving your views on WHY he is riding so bad.

Anyway lads, back on topic....

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

Anyway,

his facebook posted this pic a couple of weeks ago,

move to tech 3 ?

• Advertisement

LOL..nice find. He looks well on the yammy in that pic.....here is to hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

OK, this is about Rossi but it went slightly off track with Spies. Firstly Spies - the guy didn't win the AMA championship or the WSBK championship for no reason. The guy can ride and ride well. But for whatever reason, he's lost it. I too am a fan, I too have his replica HJC lid, and I too am disappointed with his performance this year thus far. If for whatever reason he feels he can't cut it in MotoGP, then good luck to him. I hope wherever he goes, he's happy and comfortable and can start getting podiums again.

As for Rossi - I've been a fan for years! I love his ability, his skill, his character. It has all been dulled by the ball of sh!te he's been forced to ride. Ducati offered him €17million to stay in Ducati, which he won't do if he can't be competitive any more. What's the point in having a hefty pay packet if you're gonna look like a tit every other Sunday!!?? He wants results, not money, and unless Ducati pull a miracle out of their collective arses, it's not gonna happen with them.

To answer the question - can Rossi win again? If he has the proper machinery under him, I reckon he can. But the clock is ticking....his age is against him and he has the like of Bradl, Marquez (next year) and these young lads hungry for a win, coming up behind him.

Like I said if he does stay (rossi) he cant moan about the bike he knows what state it is in and what is needed etc etc.....I think he should leave and get a different "CROTCH ROCKET" to show what he can do. He does not need the money......

You really think age is a limiting factor? I dont TBH....look at Max Biaggi he is still riding and riding well. I know he had his chance in MotoGP and it did not work out but he still has great talent at that age. So Rossi has a good 5 yrs left in him before he loses the edge IMHO.

As for spies that is exactly what I said, before people started waffling about sh1te. I never said he was a bad/poor rider that is different the results do not lie. He has lost it big time this season and if you look at the mistakes he has made they are very simple and school boy errors (except for his DNF which was a bike fault) It does not matter who says it me, the two lads of eurosport (who did say it) or the director of yamaha who says and I quote (recent performances, just aint cutting it)

Leads to a very interesting season next year.

Like I said if he does stay (rossi) he cant moan about the bike he knows what state it is in.....I think he should leave and get a different "CROTCH ROCKET" to show what he can do.

You really think age is a limiting factor? I dont TBH....look at Max Biaggi he is still riding and riding well. I know he had his chance in MotoGP and it did not work out but he still has great talent at that age.

I agree to an extent about Biaggi, but he had to go to WSBK to win again. Capirossi left as he was "getting on a bit". To be in your 30's in MotoGP is "too old" IMHO. Look at the rising stars, feckin' nippers in their early 20's. Lorenzo and Stoner are almost at their peak. Give them another 5 years, tops. But yes, if Rossi stays with Ducati, he can't complain if/when he doesn't get podiums next year. If he's made his bed, he can lie in it.

If Biaggi went back to MotoGP now, I would put money on him finishing in the top 6-8 riders consistantly...deffo top 10.

• Advertisement

If Biaggi went back to MotoGP now, I would put money on him finishing in the top 6-8 riders consistantly...deffo top 10.

Ah yeah, he's quick as f**k. Depends on the bike he's on though. As long as he's not on the Ducati! LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Spies on the other hand is a joke!!!! QUOTE]
    . I never said he was a bad/poor rider .

mmmm....tomato /tomahto..:rolleyes:

Anyways...Rossi will pi55 and moan about everyone/everything if things arent going his way, no matter where he goes he'll always be this way.......have a Snickers Vale.........:D

GO GO team Hayden.....:)

Ben.leave mom at home........

Actually its far from tomato and tomatto, read the entire posts not just the last ones. I said this season he is a joke and he is....again the results prove me right.

So the argument you are putting forward SID is that if you are having one bad season seen as its tomato and tomatto, YOU ARE A BAD RIDER. So you are saying Rossi is just a bad a rider as Spies then coz he is not doing so hot either :rolleyes: and sure throw ur beloved Nicky in there aswell :P

Actually its far from tomato and tomatto, read the entire posts not just the last ones. I said this season he is a joke and he is....again the results prove me right.:P

I'm guessin you're NEVER wrong............:p

Just because a riders mind is clearly somewhere else , and he's not performing to his best doesnt make him a "joke"....a bit harsh me thinks...

NO ONE on here is right or wrong its all opinions...and they are like asshol3s EVERYONE HAS THEM. The sooner people realise that the better....;)

Some people back up there statements some dont, Spies did not have such a great season last year either never mind the disaster this year, he won one race and finished on the podium 3 other times thats 4 podiums for 17 races and another 4 of them 17 were DNF's. And the others he finished all outside the top 5........Is that is good enough for a YAMAHA FACTORY RIDER.

So its not as if his mind is elsewhere now is it Sid....:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 V!PER

Personally I prefer WSBK but you are right Wonda, Spies is deffo gone off the boil and no amount of FANBOYS can say he is not.....I dont think he is good enough for a factory bike either.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

He really should have stuck with Tech 3 for 2011, he's still trying to hit his stride. Moving him to Yamaha was done way too soon imo.

Hmmm yeah maybe.....what makes it worse is that everyone around him even the newcomers are performing very well.

Hmmm yeah maybe.....what makes it worse is that everyone around him even the newcomers are performing very well.

Aye, the likes of Crutchlow and Bradl (to name but a couple) are making a show of him!!

Would also like to see James Ellison perform better, really nice lad and no stranger to motorbikes. But having a tuff time of it in the GP. Plus his gear is the bizzo looking.....

• Advertisement

Would also like to see James Ellison perform better, really nice lad and no stranger to motorbikes. But having a tuff time of it in the GP. Plus his gear is the bizzo looking.....

Aye. He was nearly getting binned for Shakey Byrne recently too. But he "improved" enough to not lose his ride.

Until his DNF in last race......:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Rossi rejoins Yamaha in two-year deal

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Rossi+back+to+Yamaha

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Rossi rejoins Yamaha in two-year deal

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Rossi+back+to+Yamaha

Delighted!!! He's being given a second chance that not many people get! Let's hope he doesn't f**k it up!!! It'll be an interesting season next year for sure, esp with Marquez on the 2nd Repsol Honda. :cool:

So who's taking bets to replace him in Ducati? Crutchlow or Dovi (or Iannone)?

He'll be either "so-so" or he'll look like a complete fool.... Are Yamaha going to build a whole new bike now just for him....??

Sids Not wrote: »
    He'll be either "so-so" or he'll look like a complete fool.... Are Yamaha going to build a whole new bike now just for him....??

Sure didn't Rossi and Burgess develop the Yamaha to where it is now?? If anything I reckon they'll make it better. Don't think they'll build a whole new bike.

Hope it doesnt backfire and Rossi and Lorenzo end up like cat and dog. But I do think its a positive move for rossi...shows he still has HUNGER!

Will be interesting for a season or two anyway....HAPPY DAYS.

Hope it doesnt backfire and Rossi and Lorenzo end up like cat and dog. But I do think its a positive move for rossi...shows he still has HUNGER!

Will be interesting for a season or two anyway....HAPPY DAYS.

Hopefully, but if nothing else it'll make them both fight a bit harder. Remember Motegi a couple of years ago? They were fairing to fairing for a few laps and Lorenzo got the better of him in the end.

But you're right - it shows he's still hungry to be competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Great news for the profile of MotoGP. Wouldn't be surprised if Dorna were throwing in a few quid to sweeten the deal. Hopefully Yamaha will now get a decent title sponsor.
    From Rossi's point of view, he's wasted three years (not getting his shoulder injury sorted out properly in early 2010, then breaking his leg, then signing for Ducati :p ) so he'll be keen as mustard to show he can still win on a competitive bike. I just hope the Ducati money was worth it for wasting two years of his career...

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

Would have been so EASY for Rossi to sit at Ducati and milk the cash cow for the last few years.....so glad he decided to stick it to the YOUNG FELLAS.

Advertisement