Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can/will Rossi win MotoGP Races again??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Cant help but think that since Simoncelli's crash that Rossi and Edwards are not what they used to be....cant say i blame them ....:(
    For this reason i cant see Rossi winning again...think he might have lost that "do or die" aggression that he always had.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Rossi never missed a GP until he broke his leg in 2010. That's not the mark of an 'aggressive' or 'win it or bin it' rider. Rossi is more controlled and calculating. There are a few moves e.g. on Stoner in the corkscrew at Laguna, when he did Lorenzo at the last corner at Silverstone(?) in his career that could be described as 'win it or bin it' but only a few.
    If Rossi thought that Sic's death was going to affect his riding, he'd have retired on the spot, I have no doubt at all about that.
    Your comments on Rossi don't show much knowledge of his career or style at all, sorry.

Scrap the cap!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Fair play to Rossi for going back.

He could have snubbed Yamaha,like he did with Honda all those years ago.

A bit of humble pie from Rossi too,to go back to Yamaha.

Lets hope that he and Lorenzo can get on a bit better this time around.;)

Sure didn't Rossi and Burgess develop the Yamaha to where it is now?? If anything I reckon they'll make it better. Don't think they'll build a whole new bike.

Yep,Rossi and JB developed the M1 from a "nowhere bike" to a GP winner on its Debut race with Rossi onboard in 2004.:D

Rossi and the M1 were and are a match made in heaven.;)

His riding style suits the M1 so much.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I would interpret this as more humble pie on Yam's part tbh, two years ago they didn't need him...

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

Rummor has it that Dovi will take Simmos old HRC "privateer" bike and Kal with take Rossis vacated Ducati seat for 2013.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

paddy147 wrote: »
    Rummor has it that Dovi will take Simmos old HRC "privateer" bike and Kal with take Rossis vacated Ducati seat for 2013.
    Thats an interesting one, I heard that Dovi -> Ducati. Italian on an Italian bike and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭prunudo

Dovi, who has had a great start with Tech3 on the Yamaha had been rumored to get the factory ride, but I'd say it suits Lorenzo to have Rossi as team mate as he would see Dovi as more of a threat to his seat than rider who is nearing retirement.
    Personally I would have liked Rossi to stay on with Ducati and make it work but at least he can be competitive again now although I don't think he will win a world title again.

ninja900 wrote: »
    Your comments on Rossi don't show much knowledge of his career or style at all, sorry.

You're absolutely right...i have no interest any individual rider....but there are a few i dont like....as there are some i want to do well...i didnt think i had to be an expert/follower to make a comment...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Rossi will absolutely win another race. The Ducati wasn't a good bike for him, but lets be fair, it wasn't a good bike for anybody except Stoner. He seems to be riding it as well as he can be hoped to, since there's only 2 points between him and Hayden, you can't say they're not trying, but there's only so much you can do with less than great equipment.

Rossi's back on the M1 now, and he was practically unbeatable when he was on that bike in the past. You can't really deny that he's one of the greatest riders in history; there's a reason he's the most marketable rider out there.

I think it will take him a while to get back into the swing of things on a decent bike, but he's definitely a contender for next years championship. In saying that, it won't be easy for him, his age is against him, and with the likes of Lorenzo who is on top form atm, Pedrosa still clinging on and Marquez coming up right behind him, but at least it will make for some interesting races. :P

• Advertisement

Sids Not wrote: »
    You're absolutely right...i have no interest any individual rider....but there are a few i dont like....as there are some i want to do well...i didnt think i had to be an expert/follower to make a comment...;)

Well in fairness,you would need to know a persons history,riding style and background to make propper serious comments on the rider/person in question.:)

Pipz wrote: »
    Rossi will absolutely win another race. The Ducati wasn't a good bike for him, but lets be fair, it wasn't a good bike for anybody except Stoner. He seems to be riding it as well as he can be hoped to, since there's only 2 points between him and Hayden, you can't say they're not trying, but there's only so much you can do with less than great equipment.

Rossi's back on the M1 now, and he was practically unbeatable when he was on that bike in the past. You can't really deny that he's one of the greatest riders in history; there's a reason he's the most marketable rider out there.

I think it will take him a while to get back into the swing of things on a decent bike, but he's definitely a contender for next years championship. In saying that, it won't be easy for him, his age is against him, and with the likes of Lorenzo who is on top form atm, Pedrosa still clinging on and Marquez coming up right behind him, but at least it will make for some interesting races. :P

I cant wait to see Rossi V Lorenzo at Motegi again.

Going back a few years now to this one.....both on Yamaha M1s and Rossi barging past Lorenzo out of the tunnell.:D.

Go to 2 minutes 30 seconds to see them clashing and propper racing with the gloves off.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I cant wait to see Rossi V Lorenzo at Sazuka again.

Going back a few years now to this one.....both on Yamaha M1s and Rossi barging past Lorenzo out of the tunnell.:D.

Catalunya 2009 was the best duel those two ever had, the last three laps were amazing.

Well in fairness,you would need to know a persons history,riding style and background to make propper serious comments on the rider/person in question.:)

Well in fairness i've been watching Rossi since he was in 125's.....as with all the other riders in all classes and wsbk and bsb too.....So I think i'll well informed enough to make a "proper serious" comment...Isnt that the point of fouums, ..comments from all sides.....;)
    Is it because i'm not a Rossi fan that you object to my comments.........

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Catalunya 2009 was the best duel those two ever had, the last three laps were amazing.

Last corner of lastlap,and only Rossi could make a pass like that.

No one else would have ever thought it was possible to pass like that.:eek::D

Sids Not wrote: »
    Is it because i'm not a Rossi fan that you object to my comments.........

Eh I havent objected to any comments you made about Rossi.

Unless you want to show me/quote where I have objected to anything you have said about Rossi.

Eh I havent objected to any comments you made about Rossi.

Unless you want to show me/quote where I have objected to anything you have said about Rossi.

You're obviously a huge Rossi fan.....i'm not...so we'll leave it at that.........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

Simoncelli was a loss, a big one.. but look at other motorcycle riders. Look at the TT, riders die all the time at that, probably far more personal friends and family, but most riders don't let it affect their riding to the extent that Rossi's results have slipped.

If he can perform like he did in 2010 he'll still be doing vastly better than his two seasons with Ducati. (so far)

Odds are, he's going to perform much better on the Yamaha, unless there's a mental block there.

We wait with bated breath to see what happens I guess.

I wonder will Rossi go "all out" on the Ducati for the rest of the season,and risk more crashes and possible injury?

Hes had a few high speed crashes so far this season,due to the Ducatis front end issues.

So Im wondering if he might just go easy and just ride out the rest of the season and save himself for 2013 and the M1 instead??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Simoncelli was a loss, a big one.. but look at other motorcycle riders. Look at the TT, riders die all the time at that, probably far more personal friends and family, but most riders don't let it affect their riding to the extent that Rossi's results have slipped.

Road Racing and track racing are essentially two very different sports. Of course there are cross-overs, and some will race in both, but in general the mindset of the road racer and the track racer are completely different.

A track racer goes out to race and realises that crashes and injuries are part of the job description, deaths are rare but do happen. Road racers go out knowing full well that one small mistake can and often will cost them their lives. Riders die in the TT almost every year (averaging 2 a year over the past 100 years), MotoGP only has a very small number of fatalities in it's history (3 in the last 20 years).

Rossi and Simoncelli were like brothers, I'm sure Valentino saw Sic as the younger version of himself in many ways, as a lot of people did. But of course he (and Edwards especially) were going to be shocked by what happened. I don't think it has much bearing, if any, on how Rossi has raced since, but it could certainly be a factor. Only Rossi himself can really know. I certainly think that rejoining Yamaha will make him a contender again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Excellant post Soap...

There are very few MOTOGP riders that would actually have the balls if any for something like the TT or a season of road racing....no soft kitty litter for them to glide across, or fancy air bag leathers or millions of pounds to race. Just pure passion for a very dangerous sport.

Remember Rossi had a guided tour of the TT on the closed roads and he actually said there is NO WAY he would race it for real.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

And your point is?

Well if you need it explained to you "Freckles" I can PM you and give you an indepth analysis on it, but I was commenting on Joesoaps reference to mindset with motogp and roadracing. Unlike you what are you contributing to the topic apart from thanking everything your buddys thank...lol. Nearly 6000 posts on here and yet to see an intelligent post from you.

Now go listen to some ROCK N TROLL and stop interrupting threads with useless posts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 V!PER

I really hope that Cal does not go near Ducati as some of the rumours are suggesting....that team will suck the life out of any good racer. Also MotoGP does not revolve around Valentino Rossi although he would like to think it does.

@ Kamikazi

What is you problem A hole, I am reading the thread from start to finish and you post one thing and then the rest is all "WAFFLE" and looking to de-rail topics, all you do is put down other posters and make stupid comments and back nothing up.

Pathetic really. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Viper take a holiday for a week. If I get one more reported post about you it will be for a lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

V!PER wrote: »
    I really hope that Cal does not go near Ducati as some of the rumours are suggesting....that team will suck the life out of any good racer. Also MotoGP does not revolve around Valentino Rossi although he would like to think it does.

@ Kamikazi

What is you problem A hole, I am reading the thread from start to finish and you post one thing and then the rest is all "WAFFLE" and looking to de-rail topics, all you do is put down other posters and make stupid comments and back nothing up.

Pathetic really. :rolleyes:

Really want to see Cal win one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Remember Rossi had a guided tour of the TT on the closed roads and he actually said there is NO WAY he would race it for real.

Didn't Jeremy McWilliams say something similar a few years back? He stated that road racers were a different breed and it takes a lot more nerve to do it. Something to that effect...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well if you need it explained to you "Freckles" I can PM you and give you an indepth analysis on it, but I was commenting on Joesoaps reference to mindset with motogp and roadracing. Unlike you what are you contributing to the topic apart from thanking everything your buddys thank...lol. Nearly 6000 posts on here and yet to see an intelligent post from you.

Now go listen to some ROCK N TROLL and stop interrupting threads with useless posts.

Wow that's mature.

Now go post some more amazing intelligent analysis for us mere mortals please, don't forget to RANDOMLY CAPITALIZE some words so we get the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

KamiKazi wrote: »
    And your point is?
    Wow that's mature.

Now go post some more amazing intelligent analysis for us mere mortals please, don't forget to RANDOMLY CAPITALIZE some words so we get the message.

YOUR FIRST POST QUOTED ABOVE WAS NOT IN ANY WAY HELPFULL OR RELEVANT TO THE THREAD.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD TO TOPIC, OR MORE BANS WOULD BE ISSUED.

• Advertisement

Wow that's mature.

Your the king of the STUPID one liners that adds nothing ever to a thread trying to discuss something.

I believe EBAY are selling arse's half price for RST gear...you want the link? :o

Advertisement