Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can/will Rossi win MotoGP Races again??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well if you need it explained to you "Freckles" I can PM you and give you an indepth analysis on it, but I was commenting on Joesoaps reference to mindset with motogp and roadracing. Unlike you what are you contributing to the topic apart from thanking everything your buddys thank...lol. Nearly 6000 posts on here and yet to see an intelligent post from you.

Now go listen to some ROCK N TROLL and stop interrupting threads with useless posts.

PERSONAL ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLLERATED.

INFRACTION GIVEN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

paddy147 wrote: »
    Last corner of lastlap,and only Rossi could make a pass like that.

No one else would have ever thought it was possible to pass like that.:eek::D

Do you think we will ever see Rossi in that kind of form again paddy?
    Also just spotted this online, soz if its already been posted.....

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-moto-gp/two-year-ducati-deal-for-dovizioso/21176.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Wow that's mature.

Now go post some more amazing intelligent analysis for us mere mortals please, don't forget to RANDOMLY CAPITALIZE some words so we get the message.

Your the king of the STUPID one liners that adds nothing ever to a thread trying to discuss something.

I believe EBAY are selling arse's half price for RST gear...you want the link? :o

Yet another valuable and completely on-topic post from the self professed Director of Motorcycle Affairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

..more tea anyone...?..........:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Do you think we will ever see Rossi in that kind of form again paddy?
    Also just spotted this online, soz if its already been posted.....

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-moto-gp/two-year-ducati-deal-for-dovizioso/21176.html

I very much hope so.Hes going back to Yamaha for 2 reasons (that I can think of anyway).

1-He wants to win again, and be taken seriously by a team who wil listen to his feedback.

2-Hes sick and tired with Ducati and all the bitching and infighing behind the scenes there for the last 2 seasons (regarding the bikes development and the carbon frame).

Im presuming that JB is also going going back to Yamaha with Rossi too.

JB is an absolute LEGEND.:D

• Advertisement

I really hope that if thats true,that Dovi can be given a competitive bike by Ducati/Audi.

Because if they dont get it right in 2013,it will be a curse for Dovi.

But Ducati seem to be more fixated on having an Italian Rider on an Italian machine perhaps???? (Italians have a thing with Image and how they are seen)

I would love to see Dovi and Kal both do very well next year,where ever they go....as both of them are very gifted riders indeed.:)

Heres another little question for you all here......

Now that Rossi is leaving for Yamaha,do you think Ducati will roll out any more upgrades on Rossis current bike??

Will they let him test and try new parts and new chassis setups??

Or will they blank him and let Hayden have all the "goodies".

Interesting possibility there??

Bike could suit who ever is in the seat perfectly......doubt it but you never know. Everyone has different styles....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Heres another little question for you all here......

Now that Rossi is leaving for Yamaha,do you think Ducati will roll out any more upgrades on Rossis current bike??

Will they let him test and try new parts and new chassis setups??

Or will they blank him and let Hayden have all the "goodies".

Interesting possibility there??

Hard to know chief, you could look at it one of two ways....

1. They could use him and JB and their experience to develop the bike further to make it more appealing to potential riders, let it be Dovi or Cal or whoever.

2. They could do as you said and get bitchy and give Vale f**k all for the rest of the season. Hayden has signed for another year so they might just give everything to him.

As for your previous comment about Ducati/Audi giving Dovi a competitive bike, it won't happen for a while. Sure when they were trying to convince Vale to stay, Audi bosses told them they would give him the bike he wants but it could take another two years, hence his departure from Ducati, or at least one of the reasons anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

With regard to Dovi, why on earth would he contemplate moving to a factory Ducati when he (I assume) could stay where he is on a much more competitive Yamaha? Same goes for Cal. I don't know why anyone would move to Ducati unless it was their complete last option to stay on the grid.

If Dovi DOES move to Ducati, it must mean he is tremendously p1ssed off with Yamaha for bringing in Rossi over himself. And if that's true, money on a pissed off Dovi to win this weekends Indy could be smart money :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Magown3 wrote: »
    With regard to Dovi, why on earth would he contemplate moving to a factory Ducati when he (I assume) could stay where he is on a much more competitive Yamaha? Same goes for Cal. I don't know why anyone would move to Ducati unless it was their complete last option to stay on the grid.

If Dovi DOES move to Ducati, it must mean he is tremendously p1ssed off with Yamaha for bringing in Rossi over himself. And if that's true, money on a pissed off Dovi to win this weekends Indy could be smart money :D
    Dovi has thrown his toys out of the pram, he believed that he deserved a factory Yam and wasn't going to stay at Tech 3 for another year after his results so far this year.
    Tech 3 have already signed Smith for next year and that only leaves one seat.
    Plus he probably correctly believes that a full factory bike is the only way he can get to the top step.

Rossi vs Dovi? No contest, Rossi will not only bring himself but also a big name sponsor which Yamaha don't have and haven't had for 2 seasons.
    Thats worth big money to Yamaha.

Dovi can be pissed off all he likes, he is still riding a satellite M1 and will be down by a few tenths per lap, this is why he is pissed off. Basically without a full factory bike he won't win unless everyone else on Factory Yamaha and Honda crash out.

Cal believes that he can ride the Ducati. Thats all he needs to believe.
    And the bike is fast, that much is without question.
    Its just getting it to steer and behave predictably is the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Smith isn't good enough to be in MotoGP yet, and may never be, despite the BBC hype machine. I'll be very surprised if Tech3 give him a top class ride next year even though he was promised one. Scott Redding is a much better prospect (and has tested a Ducati) but I'd still be surprised if he moved up next year.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

ninja900 wrote: »
    Smith isn't good enough to be in MotoGP yet, and may never be, despite the BBC hype machine. I'll be very surprised if Tech3 give him a top class ride next year even though he was promised one. Scott Redding is a much better prospect (and has tested a Ducati) but I'd still be surprised if he moved up next year.

I'd be surprised too looking at where he is inthe Moto2 class at the moment. I think the Eurosport guys said that there might have been a performance clause in the contract for next year. Maybe he has to finish top 5 in the championship this year to fulfill his moto gp contract for next year.

I agree with you on Redding tho. He's far bigger than the other riders he's up against but still gives them a good run for their money

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Dovi has thrown his toys out of the pram, he believed that he deserved a factory Yam and wasn't going to stay at Tech 3 for another year after his results so far this year.
    Tech 3 have already signed Smith for next year and that only leaves one seat.
    Plus he probably correctly believes that a full factory bike is the only way he can get to the top step.

Rossi vs Dovi? No contest, Rossi will not only bring himself but also a big name sponsor which Yamaha don't have and haven't had for 2 seasons.
    Thats worth big money to Yamaha.

Dovi can be pissed off all he likes, he is still riding a satellite M1 and will be down by a few tenths per lap, this is why he is pissed off. Basically without a full factory bike he won't win unless everyone else on Factory Yamaha and Honda crash out.

Cal believes that he can ride the Ducati. Thats all he needs to believe.
    And the bike is fast, that much is without question.
    Its just getting it to steer and behave predictably is the problem.

Great post and all true!!

Re: Cal - he's a good pilot and he's determined, there's no doubt about that. But Rossi/JB said they could fix the Ducati in no time and had to eat copious amounts of humble pie afterward, not realising what a dog it is. One of the quickest bikes out there, but not worth a sh!te if it won't go round corners. And Cal likes to be able to have good corner speed.

Great post and all true!!

Re: Cal - he's a good pilot and he's determined, there's no doubt about that. But Rossi/JB said they could fix the Ducati in no time and had to eat copious amounts of humble pie afterward, not realising what a dog it is. One of the quickest bikes out there, but not worth a sh!te if it won't go round corners. And Cal likes to be able to have good corner speed.
    See thats the thing about Ducati, both Rossi and Stoner before complained that necessary development on the GP bike wasn't being done.
    Stoner could adapt to the bike and still put himself on the podium, but as the Honda and Yamaha evolved you could see that he was riding the thing beyond its limits and crashing a lot more.
    Rossi OTOH was confident that he could make the thing work, but thats contingent on the factory being supportive to the ideas and feedback that he provided.
    He provides feedback that engineers can work with, like Yamaha and the crossplane crankshaft. Furusawa mentioned that they gave a ****load of different configurations to him to try and Rossi picked the crossplane out of them all and gave them confidence to go down that route.
    Thats feedback that is hugely valuable to a factory as long as they act on it.
    And thats been the problem since 07 when Casey Stoner won, Ducati have believed that their machine is good enough and only needs a little tinkering to make it right.
    Compare that to Honda, the RCV suffers chatter so what do HRC do? Make a couple of brand new chassis to try and fix it.

See thats the thing about Ducati, both Rossi and Stoner before complained that necessary development on the GP bike wasn't being done.
    Stoner could adapt to the bike and still put himself on the podium, but as the Honda and Yamaha evolved you could see that he was riding the thing beyond its limits and crashing a lot more.
    Rossi OTOH was confident that he could make the thing work, but thats contingent on the factory being supportive to the ideas and feedback that he provided.
    He provides feedback that engineers can work with, like Yamaha and the crossplane crankshaft. Furusawa mentioned that they gave a ****load of different configurations to him to try and Rossi picked the crossplane out of them all and gave them confidence to go down that route.
    Thats feedback that is hugely valuable to a factory as long as they act on it.
    And thats been the problem since 07 when Casey Stoner won, Ducati have believed that their machine is good enough and only needs a little tinkering to make it right.
    Compare that to Honda, the RCV suffers chatter so what do HRC do? Make a couple of brand new chassis to try and fix it.

See, this is key!!! The factory HAVE to act on it and Ducati never believed they had a serious issue! Jesus they told Melandri ha had to see a psychiatrist cos there was nothing wrong with the bike!! Nutters! :pac:

On another note, I believe it's Dovi going to Ducati and not Cal???
    Andrea Dovizioso is tipped to take the place of fellow Italian Valentino Rossi at the factory Ducati MotoGP team next season.

It was officially confirmed on Friday that seven time MotoGP champion Rossi will return to Yamaha in 2013, having taken just two podiums from 27 starts on the Desmosedici.

According to the Italian media, including GPone.com and SportMediaset.it, Dovizioso has agreed a two-year deal to take over The Doctor's Ducati.

Dovi would ride alongside Nicky Hayden, who has already signed a new one-year contract extension.

Dovizioso replaced Hayden at the factory Honda team in 2009, where he went on to win one race and finish a best of third in last year's championship, but lost his Repsol seat when the team cut back from three to two riders.

The former 125c world champion thus switched to Tech 3 this year, where he has already scored four podiums - the most ever by a Tech 3 rider in a single season - and holds fourth place, as the leading satellite rider, in the world championship.

Dovizioso - who had never raced a Yamaha or 1000cc machine before this season - hoped such results would lead to a factory M1 ride for 2013, until Rossi's return was announced. Dovizioso's Tech 3 team-mate Cal Crutchlow had been strongly linked to a factory Ducati ride earlier in the year.

Once Hayden's team-mate is confirmed, it will mean that all six factory MotoGP seats for 2013 have been decided.

Rossi and JB cant force the Ducati Head Honchos to do or change anything.

Rossi and JB said that the carbon frame had to be diteched in order to start making progress.

Ducatis head honchos basicly told Rossi and JB to fcuk off and that they would use what they were given.

Ducati was all about "look at us and our beautifull and sexy 1 piece carbon frame and swing arm".

IF they had have listened to Rossi and JB from the word go,then maybe Rossi wouldnt be leaving from Yamaha and maybe the Ducati would be a much better package than what it is now.

Theres no doubt that Rossi and JB have evloved the bike...but you can only do so much with the Ducati,when their head honchos keep throwing their weight around and telling you no.

Which leads me to believe that the only reason that Ducati ever paid big bucks for Rossi,was to be more so seen and not heard...(image is everything in Italy).

Anyway getting back to my original thread title...........

Yes Rossi can and will win again.Id say he will be very eager to wipe the floor with alot of them at the 1st race in 2013 too.

....IF they had have listened to Rossi and JB from the word go,then maybe Rossi wouldnt be leaving from Yamaha and maybe the Ducati would be a much better package than what it is now.

Theres no doubt that Rossi and JB have evloved the bike...but you can only do so much with the Ducati,when their head honchos keep throwing their weight around and telling you no.....

And this has been VR/JB's problem from day 1!! It's nothing to do with their ability but more to do with the fact there was a limit on what they were allowed to change!
    Anyway getting back to my original thread title...........

Yes Rossi can and will win again.Id say he will be very eager to wipe the floor with alot of them at the 1st race in 2013 too.

I hope so, I really do!! THAT'D stick it to Ducati!!!

Bradley Smith in MotoGP next year with Tech3........according to Moto GP sources and TV stations.

Are Tech 3 completely MAD?????

Smith is not a MotoGP rider,hes just about a Moto2 rider (questionable at that too),so theres no way in hell he will cut it in MotoGP.

I think Tech3 are making a big misstake here with Smith.

Sorry,but In my eyes,Smith is not good enough for MotoGP.

Smith should stay in Moto2 for at least another year and actually learn how to ride a Moto2 bike and get propper results.

Bradley Smith in MotoGP next year with Tech3........according to Moto GP sources and TV stations.
    Where have you been for the last 6 months?
    He had a contract with Tech3 for ages, but I think there is a performance clause in it.

• Advertisement

Where have you been for the last 6 months?
    He had a contract with Tech3 for ages, but I think there is a performance clause in it.

Eh,I know hes been a Tech 3 rider for a few years now...but Tech3 are keeping very quiet of whether Smith will be on their bike in MotoGP next year...(even though Smith himself and other MotoGP sources seem to think so).

Ive watched Smith come up through the ranks,from 125s..but to me,hes just not good enough (at the moment) for a Tech3 Yamaha M1 ride in MotoGP.

Ive watched Smith come up through the ranks,from 125s..but to me,hes just not good enough (at the moment) for a Tech3 Yamaha M1 ride in MotoGP.

No, he's definitely not!! There are way better riders in Moto2 than him FFS!

I am not sure that Moto3 or even Moto2 prepares a rider for MotoGP bikes.
    You go from 125hp to 250hp from Moto2 to MGP, thats a huge jump and its not just the power.
    Think about all the Superbike champions that have tried their hand at MotoGP and come nowhere.
    Nico Terol was last years champ in 125 class but in Moto2 he is midpack at best.
    Maybe Smith has something on a MotoGP bike that we haven't seen?
    Tech3 is a pretty savvy outfit and they must have seen something that impressed them otherwise they wouldn't have signed him for the premier class bikes.

Its official...Dovi has signed with Ducati for 2 years.

I hope Dovi knows what hes doing and how much of a challenge the Ducati and its team will be.

Crutchlow is now rumored to be going to the Gresini San Carlo Team next year and ride their HRC Factory Honda bike.

Its official...Dovi has signed with Ducati for 2 years.

I hope Dovi knows what hes doing and how much of a challenge the Ducati and its team will be.

Aye. It'll either kill his career or boost it!
    Crutchlow is now rumored to be going to the Gresini San Carlo Team next year and ride their HRC Factory Honda bike.

Interesting! Question: is the bike Bautista is riding not the bike Simoncelli (God rest him) had last year? Cos Simo was always fighting at the sharp end, I was expecting Alvaro to be doing the same! Having said that, Bautista spends a lot of time behind the two Tech 3's, so hopefully Cal won't be taking a step back!

The Gresini RCV is an interesting machine, not quite the same as Bradls because its running Showa suspension and Nissin Brakes.
    Wonder how he'll cope with it.
    I don't think Bautista is as good as Simoncelli was, even though he was on the GSR-V and it was difficult to draw comparisons he never looked as good.

The Gresini RCV is an interesting machine, not quite the same as Bradls...

Is it basically not another Repsol factory bike, but slightly less toys? That's how Simo was so competitive on it, well...that and he was an animal! :D

Makes for very good reading....

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=Crutchlow-set-to-turn-his-back-on-MotoGP&newsid=7806

Have to say I would be sick as a dog to see him go.....he is IMHO a talented rider.

Makes for very good reading....

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=Crutchlow-set-to-turn-his-back-on-MotoGP&newsid=7806

Have to say I would be sick as a dog to see him go.....he is IMHO a talented rider.

WOW!! :eek:

God I hope it doesn't come to that! He's one of the few characters in the paddock, and talented too. But you can see where he's coming from!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Wonder what odds Paddy Power are giving for Rossi to get a win sometime next year.

Would be worth a €100 punt.

Advertisement