Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can/will Rossi win MotoGP Races again??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

According to Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis..Rossi approached Yamaha for a place in their team for 2013 and 2014.

Yamaha never approached Rossi.

Crutchlow now says that he made a big fuss for Tech 3 to notice him more,and get other teams interested in him,with a view to Tech 3 giving his a pay rise to stay with them for 2013.

Tech 3 have both Crutchlow and Smith on 1 year deals for 2013,and after that..who knows where either of them will end up.

I can see Smith back in Moto 2 in 2014,as I really think he will be way out of his depth in MotoGP.
    Becauase I think that Tech 3 really DONT WANT him in MotoGP now,that they are only honouring a contractural agreement (from the previous year) for the 1 year.

If he doesnt go back to Moto2,then he "might" pick up a ride with one of the lower end CRT teams in MotoGP........Paul Bird Motorsport perhaps???

Paul Bird is constantly talking about an "all british team" in MotoGP.....so that might be a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

paddy147 wrote: »
    According to Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis..Rossi approached Yamaha for a place in their team for 2013 and 2014.

Yamaha never approached Rossi.

Yeah, I heard this too. I also heard/read that Lorenzo was involved in the talks and was more than happy to have Vale back. He reckons a competitive team-mate will keep him focused.
    I can see Smith back in Moto 2 in 2014,as I really think he will be way out of his depth in MotoGP.
    Becauase I think that Tech 3 really DONT WANT him in MotoGP now,that they are only honouring a contractural agreement (from the previous year) for the 1 year.

I can't see him doing much to be honest. There are far better riders in Moto2 to choose from. Even Redding is better than Smith FFS!
    If he doesnt go back to Moto2,then he "might" pick up a ride with one of the lower end CRT teams in MotoGP........Paul Bird Motorsport perhaps???

Paul Bird is constantly talking about an "all british team" in MotoGP.....so that might be a possibility.

I believe PBM is to put a second CRT bike in alright. I also heard he wants to get Shakey Byrne in. Don't know if that's to replace Ellison or as a second rider though.

Paul Bird had a bust up with Ellison and threatened to replace him with Skakey,earlier this year.

Ellison then picked up his performance and things were grand for a while.

But now Shakeys name is being mentioned again.

Its better entertainment than a soap opera.

Paul Bird had a bust up with Ellison and threatened to replace him with Skakey,earlier this year.

Ellison then picked up his performance and things were grand for a while.

But now Shakeys name is being mentioned again.

Its better entertainment than a soap opera.

PMSL!! Aye, f**k Eastenders & Corrie, this is WAY better!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Paddy did you hear the 2 boys on eurosport saying that there are rumors of Spies been approched by Gresini honda team with a view to staying in motogp?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2012/August/Ben-Spies-close-to-shock-Gresini-Honda-deal/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Talk about back tracking....:rolleyes:

Ohh so he is gone from talented to world class.....tell me this Kami what makes him world class? I am all ears....

His consistency? His mulitple motogp championships? Cant even hold onto his current team, maybe yamaha should listen to you. What are they doing letting this world class talent slip through their fingers.

:o:o:o:o

This is the type of bickering that Zascar is on about.

Cut it out!

Paddy did you hear the 2 boys on eurosport saying that there are rumors of Spies been approched by Gresini honda team with a view to staying in motogp?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2012/August/Ben-Spies-close-to-shock-Gresini-Honda-deal/

I did indeed...page 9 and post 133.:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80440697&postcount=133

Very interesting move,if it turns out to be true.:)

I dont think that Ben should turn his back on MotoGP because of a poor/bad season.
    Get some self belief and confidence back and show/tell the various MotoGP teams what he can do,if he is given another chance to show his worth.

Look at Stoner in his 1st and 2nd years in MotoGP..(Mr Crashtastic)..and look how he then developed as a rider from that.;)

Soz paddy did not realise it was already posted. In regards to Spies he was not exactly on fire last season either.....no wonder Lorenzo has said it will be nice to have a team mate that will push him and make him more competitive (in reference to Rossi signing)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Meh, bored of arguing with someone who's been watching MotoGP for 5 minutes and thinks he knows it all.

LMFAO....another useless post. Watching it 5mins longer then you and still know more....:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Gresini now says he wants to keep Alvaro for next year

Linky
    KamiKazi wrote: »
    Meh, bored of arguing with someone who's been watching MotoGP for 5 minutes and thinks he knows it all.
    LMFAO....another useless post. Watching it 5mins longer then you and still know more....:pac::pac::pac::pac:

BTW Lads, is it a private pissing contest or can anyone join in?

KamiKazi wrote: »

Take a week off for that.

Take a week off for that.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    BTW Lads, is it a private pissing contest or can anyone join in?

Sorry, should have made it clear earlier - the two of themaore on a weeks holidays for continuing the bitching.
    It ruins a thread when two posters are having a bitching sesion.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Gresini now says he wants to keep Alvaro for next year

Linky

Have to say thet hes a lucky boy to be kept for next season.

Hes another rider who should be doing much better than he is with HRC factory machinery and support.

He should be a visitor to the podium (3rd place),but for some reason he hasnt mastered the Gesini Honda yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Have to say thet hes a lucky boy to be kept for next season.

Hes another rider who should be doing much better than he is with HRC factory machinery and support.

He should be a visitor to the podium (3rd place),but for some reason he hasnt mastered the Gesini Honda yet.
    Its not a full factory bike though, its different from the Repsol RCV and the LCR RCV, different brakes and suspension.
    Satellite bikes are not the same as the factory machinery.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Its not a full factory bike though, its different from the Repsol RCV and the LCR RCV, different brakes and suspension.
    Satellite bikes are not the same as the factory machinery.

Ah I know that the satelite bikes wont have the exact spame specs as the full factory bikes.

Bradhl doesnt have the full HRC electronics on his bike.

But surely Alvaro should be racing his Gresini HRC Honda against Dovi and Cal on their Tech3 Yamaha M1,s for 3rd place podiums??

Sureky Alvaro should be much further up the field??

Honda may be bringing in Johny Rea from WSB for the next 2 races (Misano and Aragon) to race Stoners factory bike.

I would say the Tech 3 M1 is closer to the Factory M1 then the LCR and Gresini are to the Factory RCV213 machines, especially considering that the RCV213 of Stoner and Pedrosa are next years models not this years models.
    Rea test rode it in Brno, but he was 3 seconds off the pace.

Brno Test -- Final Times

1. Cal Crutchlow GBR Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 56.461s (Lap 43/47)
    2. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 1m 56.578s (30/31)
    3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) 1m 56.699s (46/54)
    4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 56.703s (17/45)
    5. Stefan Bradl GER LCR Honda (RC213V) 1m 57.156s (52/69)
    6. Alvaro Bautista ESP Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 57.161s (32/62)
    7. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory (YZR-M1) 1m 57.474s (6/15)
    8. Jonathan Rea GBR Repsol Honda (RC213V) 1m 59.595s (60/61)
    9. Yonny Hernandez COL Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 1m 59.743s (37/40)
    10. Ivan Silva ESP Avintia (FTR-Kawasaki CRT) 2m 0.667s (18/83)
    11. Michele Pirro ITA Honda Gresini (FTR-Honda CRT) 2m 0.863s (9/33)
    12. Loris Capirossi ITA Forward Racing (Suter-BMW CRT) 2m 2.049s (3/5)
    13. Colin Edwards USA Speed Master (ART CRT) 2m 3.143s (19/29)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Magown3

Rea test rode it in Brno, but he was 3 seconds off the pace.

I wouldn't say that as a bad thing really. His first time to throw his leg over a prototype machine that he's never been on before and he's only 3 seconds off the pace. :D

I think after a full weekend chasing/following riders in free practice/qualifying and he'll be flying. Watch this space. I think he'll come close on the second weekend.

EDIT: Also, in a testing session, maybe he was just running race tyres whereas the fastest (Crutchlow) were testing on qualifyers also. Never know really.

• Advertisement

Magown3 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that as a bad thing really. His first time to throw his leg over a prototype machine that he's never been on before and he's only 3 seconds off the pace. :D
    I didn't say it was a bad thing if you look at his best time it was the second to last lap out of 61 laps.
    He was obviously getting used to the bike, Proto machines are different and will take a lot of getting used to.
    I think he'll be midpack, probably near the Ducatis if he stays on. The faster CRT bikes will be pretty close to him I would think.
    He wouldn't want to try any of the banging that he has been doing in WSBK though, thats not how its done in MotoGP..:D

He wouldn't want to try any of the banging that he has been doing in WSBK though, thats not how its done in MotoGP..:D

Aye - and more's the pity!!!! :cool:

Wow..Rossi gets a 2nd place podium in Misano (aka Marco Simoncelli track) today.

And he got it in the dry too.

Seems like the Ducati is finally working.

Lorenzo 1st
    Rossi 2nd
    Bautista 3rd (just by a wheel though,video evidence required)
    Dovi 4th
    Spies 5th.
    Bradl 6th
    Hayden 7th

Johny Rea (draughted in from WSB) finished 8th on Stoners RCV Honda.
    Well done Johny Rea.

PS-I feel really sorry for poor auld Danny Pedrosa...talk about bad luck.

Tyre warmer gets stuck in front wheel,he is forced to start from back of grid,after getting pole position,then he is taken out of the race after 5 corners of the 1st lap.

Ben Spies is staying in MotoGP and is off to the new Ducati Junior Team next year.

He will be partnered with "Crazy Joe" from Moto 2.

Some good close racing today! Jeez, Dovi and Bautista having a drag race to the finish line, Alvaro got it by just .003 of a second!! Great to see Rossi on the podium again and rotten luck for Pedrosa, it would have been a close race up front if he wasn't knocked off.

Was absolutely "GUTTED" for Bradl....I so so wanted him to get a podium, Rossi rode his balls off fair play to him but would he have got on the podium if Pedrosa and Stoner were racing? I know if my aunty had balls she be my uncle but just a taught, not taking anything away from the result.

BTW,

Loving the new Yamaha livery, that dark grey and blue is sexah!

Was absolutely "GUTTED" for Bradl....I so so wanted him to get a podium, Rossi rode his balls off fair play to him but would he have got on the podium if Pedrosa and Stoner were racing? I know if my aunty had balls she be my uncle but just a taught, not taking anything away from the result.

BTW,

Loving the new Yamaha livery, that dark grey and blue is sexah!

Even if Stoner was back (looking like he will be for Japan) and if Pedrosa hadnt have been taken out on the 1st lap,Rossi would have got 4th and he was only 5 seconds behind Lorenzo at the end.

So to get 4th and be in touch with the race winner at the end is a hell of a leap forward for the Ducati and Rossi.:)

PS-Rossi would have been 3rd,allowing that Pedrosa didnt have such rotten luck yesterday.

True enough....hopefully it might give him a bit of gee up now for the remaining races. Be gas if he could have ridden like that all season and was holding back and now when he (rossi) is going to yammy he gets podium after podium to rub Dukes nose's in it.

Not saying he was but it would be funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Delighted for Rossi to get the podium at his home track, but I am gutted for Pedrosa. I'd love him to win the championship this year, because I think he deserves it, and can't help thinking that this is his last year to get it what with all the new heads coming in next year, and Rossi going back to Yamaha. He's still in with a chance, but luck isn't on his side at the moment, and he'll need plenty to get Lorenzo out of the lead.

• Advertisement

Pipz wrote: »
    Delighted for Rossi to get the podium at his home track, but I am gutted for Pedrosa. I'd love him to win the championship this year, because I think he deserves it, and can't help thinking that this is his last year to get it what with all the new heads coming in next year, and Rossi going back to Yamaha. He's still in with a chance, but luck isn't on his side at the moment, and he'll need plenty to get Lorenzo out of the lead.

Yeah likewise I'd like to see him doing it this year, but like you said, if it doesn't happen this year, it's not gonna happen. He'll be one of the most successful riders without a title. He's been so unfortunate with accidents and injuries, he deserves it.

Advertisement