Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can/will Rossi win MotoGP Races again??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Does that Lorenzo fella ever fall? Its not like he aint pushing it either....chap is just SOOOOO consistant. I was more gutted for Bradl then I was for Pedrosa, but the race was a tad stale the minute he was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Does that Lorenzo fella ever fall? .

Did you SEE him in 08/09? He couldn't stay on the thing. :p I'd say he's only just making up for it now. But with everyone else either falling way behind after the first corner or falling off around him, sure all he has to do is cruise around really. :P

Pipz wrote: »
    Did you SEE him in 08/09? He couldn't stay on the thing. :p I'd say he's only just making up for it now. But with everyone else either falling way behind after the first corner or falling off around him, sure all he has to do is cruise around really. :P

God yeah, I meant this season. I know luck plays a huge part also not getting takin out by other rider error but he is very consistent and never gives up when trailing someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

God yeah, I meant this season. I know luck plays a huge part also not getting takin out by other rider error but he is very consistant and never gives up when trailing someone.

Lorenzo was taken out by an over-eager Bautista in Assen, that's how he's 25 points less than he should have. But like Nic said, when Lorenzo started, he spent more time in the air or in the kitty litter than he did on the bike. Over eager maybe. But he has developed into a very smooth, fast, patient, consistent rider. He really is the one to beat now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

The reason why Pedrosa started at the back of the grid was because the HRC main man and Pedrosas team ordered him to start from the back of the grid.

They felt the bike had an issue after the front tyre warmer got jammed in the front wheel on the start grid,and then Pedroza also couldnt keep up with the safety car at the back of the grid on the warm up lap.

If HRC had have let him start from his pole position,then he may very well have been able to win the race.

I feel the HRC are to blame for this and for what happened to Danny Pedrosa.

I hope they all bowed down and said sorry to him for their massive fcuk up.

• Advertisement

Unless Lorenzo has an engine failure in the race (like Spies had before) or if Bautista gets too eager and takes Lorenzo out again,then Lorenzo is going to be MotoGP world champion again.

Pedrosa must be praying for a miracle now.

Yeah its not like WSB or BSB where you never know WTF is gonna happen in a race....its takes something mad to derail the MotoGP after the 1st 3 laps settles them all down. But in fairness he does deserve the title Lorenzo, he has been the best and most consistent all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

paddy147 wrote: »
    The reason why Pedrosa started at the back of the grid was because the HRC main man and Pedrosas team ordered him to start from the back of the grid.

They felt the bike had an issue after the front tyre warmer got jammed in the front wheel on the start grid,and then Pedroza also couldnt keep up with the safety car at the back of the grid on the warm up lap.

If HRC had have let him start from his pole position,then he may very well have been able to win the race.

I feel the HRC are to blame for this and for what happened to Danny
    Pedrosa.
    I hope they all bowed down and said sorry to him for their massive fcuk up.
    HRC have no say as to where a rider starts from, thats the race directors job.
    Race direction give the order as to whether you can resume your original grid position or have to start from the back.
    After the initial non-start they took his bike off the track and thats what cost them the pole.
    BTW Dani needed a push start on the first sighting lap as well so we don't know what else was wrong with his bike.
    It was more than tyre warmers getting stuck that front wheel was locked solid and the crew were messing with the brakes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Apparently the tyre warmer melted onto the hot brake disc, locking it in place

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Apparently the tyre warmer melted onto the hot brake disc, locking it in place

No way!! FFS.

I'm led to believe that the reason Dani had to start from the back of the grid is because the safety car overtook him on the sighting lap?? Didn't know there was a rule to this effect.

• Advertisement

I was watching it on setanta and the 2 lads have not got a patch on the commentators on Eurosport who ever they were. Still lessons learned never get your misses to record the GP when u out on a spin :)

I was watching it on setanta and the 2 lads have not got a patch on the commentators on Eurosport who ever they were. Still lessons learned never get your misses to record the GP when u out on a spin :)
    Toby Moody, Julian Ryder and Neil Spalding are the Eurosport commentators. They know their stuff and are to my mind easier to listen to than Parrish on BBC.
    The BBCHD feed is awesome though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Toby Moody, Julian Ryder and Neil Spalding are the Eurosport commentators. They know their stuff and are to my mind easier to listen to than Parrish on BBC.

I was raging watching it live on BBC, commentators hadn't a clue what was going on!

Just knew that the lads on Eurosport would know exactly what the problem was and would be able to convey it effectively to the viewers.

Yep that them....they are a touch biased when it comes to Cal all the same :D but they are brilliant. They get so excited when watching its like they are in the races.

BBC are okay better then setanta I tell you that. Suppose I am glad that I have a choice of channels, hope its always like that. ;)

Yep that them....they are a touch biased when it comes to Cal all the same :D but they are brilliant. They get so excited when watching its like they are in the races.

BBC are okay better then setanta I tell you that. Suppose I am glad that I have a choice of channels, hope its always like that. ;)
    Parrish and Cox are knowledgeable but their voices just grate on my ears.
    Julian Ryder has been a MotoGP journo for a long time and Neil Spalding sells Clutches for race bikes so they know their stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Julian Ryder has been a MotoGP journo for a long time and Neil Spalding sells Clutches for race bikes so they know their stuff.

Prefer watching Motogp on the beeb, i like Cox...:eek:...ohh how i miss Suzi....:(
    Dont mind but Eurosport but cant stand that Moody twat....he goes on like a 12 year old sometimes and his voice is irratating...
    I think the guys on Setanta do a good job....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Cox, to my knowledge, has never ridden a motorcyle in his life. He was a production saloon car racer i.e. far from the front of the four-wheeled field. He has no clue in relation to two wheeled racing

Parrish raced in GP thirty years ago, was pretty much useless, but was a mate of Barry Sheene which according to the BBC is sufficient qualification in itself.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Does that Lorenzo fella ever fall?

Ask him to count to ten without using his toes...

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Ask him to count to ten without using his toes...

Now now.....down with that sort of thing....:eek::eek:

He used to crash a lot but these days he's as smooth and consistent as you could want. Much of that has to do with the bike he has under him IMO.

• Advertisement

It will be a good battle in the new season thats for sure....looking forward to it BIG TIME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

It will be a good battle in the new season thats for sure....looking forward to it BIG TIME.

You sound like a Liverpool supporter! Their usual lament is always about a good next season :D

ninja900 wrote: »
    Parrish raced in GP thirty years ago, was pretty much useless, but was a mate of Barry Sheene which according to the BBC is sufficient qualification in itself.

Steve Parish also raced Trucks too. ;)

2 years ago,and even last year and this year Steve Parish would take out the RCV or the Ducati or ther M1 for a lap and give the TV viewer an idea of what the MotoGP bikes are like compared to a road going superbike.He did an indepth review of each bike and how it differs in all aspects

Hes a good rider and the MotoGP teams obviously trust him on their machines.

He was rather good at the bikes and trucks too.;)

He's not a good rider. He can ride around the track on a bike at snails pace that the teams let him take because they get paid for it. He was shoite when he was actually racing. And if you're watching the gp, then I would assume that most people could figure out what the difference between the million dollar factory machines are compared to a road superbike, and if they couldn't, I'm sure it's simple enough to google, so I wouldn't give him too much credit. :P

He's not a good rider. He can ride around the track on a bike at snails pace that the teams let him take because they get paid for it. He was shoite when he was actually racing. And if you're watching the gp, then I would assume that most people could figure out what the difference between the million dollar factory machines are compared to a road superbike, and if they couldn't, I'm sure it's simple enough to google, so I wouldn't give him too much credit. :P

MIAOWWWWW! LOL :D

So thats why he was a factory Suzuki and Yamaha rider in GPs then??

Theres lots of people/TV Audience who will tune in to watch a bike race on a Sunday,when there is fcuk all else on the TV.

You dont have to be a propper bike enthusiast to watch a bike race.

So thats why he was a factory Suzuki and Yamaha rider in GPs then??

Theres lots of people/TV Audience who will tune in to watch a bike race on a Sunday,when there is fcuk all else on the TV.

You dont have to be a propper bike enthusiast to watch a bike race.

While he was in the GP races, he got ONE podium. That kind of speaks for itself. And most people who are only tuning into bike racing because theres nothing else on don't really give a crap about the differences between bikes. :)

While he was in the GP races, he got ONE podium. That kind of speaks for itself. And most people who are only tuning into bike racing because theres nothing else on don't really give a crap about the differences between bikes. :)

How would you actually know???

Did you go and do a scientific survey and find out what % of the TV audience would be serious bike enthusiasts and what % would be just tuning in to watch a motor race???

You dont know,so you cant say,can you??

You might find Steve Parrishes pre race evaluations of the various MotoGP bikes and teams boring and useless,but Im sure that some TV Audience members would find it knowladgable/interesting and that some people would learn something from it too,that they never knew before.

How would you actually know???

Did you go and do a scientific survey and find out what % of the TV audience would be serious bike enthusiasts and what % would be just tuning in to watch a motor race???

You dont know,so you cant say,can you??

You might find Steve Parrishes pre race evaluations of the various MotoGP bikes and teams boring and useless,but Im sure that some TV Audience members would find it knowladgable/interesting and that some people would learn something from it too,that they never knew before.

Your getting kind of aggressive, which is amusing. I've also noticed you haven't bothered to try back up his GP 'performances' again, which is grand. I never said I find them useless and boring, what I was trying to say was it doesn't take a genius to do those reviews when they're scripted for him and YOU cant say that some tv users apart from yourself (and im sure many people you know ;] ) DO actually find them interesting. You dont know, so you cant say, can you??. ;).

Basically my point in a nutshell was that I disagree when you say he was a good rider, and I've given my reasons for disagreeing, and I don't think it's any special skill to deliver those reviews that anyone else could do.

Anyways, take it easy. I'd hardly get wound up about Steve Parrish of all people. :)

• Advertisement

Your getting kind of aggressive, which is amusing. I've also noticed you haven't bothered to try back up his GP 'performances' again, which is grand. I never said I find them useless and boring, what I was trying to say was it doesn't take a genius to do those reviews when they're scripted for him and YOU cant say that some tv users apart from yourself (and im sure many people you know ;] ) DO actually find them interesting. You dont know, so you cant say, can you??. ;).

Basically my point in a nutshell was that I disagree when you say he was a good rider, and I've given my reasons for disagreeing, and I don't think it's any special skill to deliver those reviews that anyone else could do.

Anyways, take it easy. I'd hardly get wound up about Steve Parrish of all people. :)

Aggressive??

Not at all,no harsh or crude words,no aggressive posting on my part at all.Unless you want to show me where though??????

Merely asking you a simple question about a TV audience and is base of viewers,and explaining to you that some people would and will learn stuff from what Steve Parrish shows and explains about the MotoGP bikes and teams.

You made a comment about bike enthusiasts watching it,so I made a very simple and honest reply to that comment about a TV audience and what Steve Parrish does for said TV audience.

Advertisement